10 gledhill

11 Scott

12 Mitchell

13 Blake (if fit)

14 Leak

15 Brown

16 Lillicrop

17 Paddy

My only worry is fullback. I hope Craven can impress when the season starts proper

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Looks pretty strong that batlad. Plenty of grunt and flair

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

From what we have seen so far in preseason it looks good and Workington at home followed by Hunslet away give us a challenging start to the season but we should be looking to win both these games if we are to be good enough to make the top eight

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

New rule this season allows Championship teams to DR with Championship One clubs.  Maybe some of our players who are not in the 19 could be given an opportunity in the lower division.  Would keep them match fit and give JK the opportunity to see how they are doing on DVD etc.

Workington's strength seems to be in the forwards from reading their forum, so for me I would go for size and power:

1. Craven

2. JC

3. Squires

4. Ainscough

5. Rettie

6. Southernwood

7. Leatherbarrow

8. Gledhill

9. Nicholson

10. Lillycrop

11. Mitchell

12. Scott

13. Brown

14. Leak

15. Rowe

16. Day (toss up between him and Chandler)

17. Thackray

Blake to come back in against Hunslet after some game time against NWC and an extra week of training.

Hirst would have replaced Thackray on the bench if fit.

From what we have seen so far in preseason it looks good and Workington at home followed by Hunslet away give us a challenging start to the season but we should be looking to win both these games if we are to be good enough to make the top eight

These should be amongst your easiest games of the season. Anything less than two wins would be worrying I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Would it be beneficial to the team to have Ainscough at Full back and Faal as the other centre?

I think this is a real poser for JK. I`ve not been so impressed by Craven (So far) and Faal does offer an attacking threat. This said, his defence can be suspect.

Which Four props are in pole position for a start.

The choice is again difficult. Not sure the lad Thackray has done enough for me-yet. Rowe, Gledhill, Hirst (when fit) and Lillycrop probably. Hesketh to come in for Hirst for me. I think brown at 13 could be a good move.

Archived