13 Feb: Leeds Rhinos v Widnes Vikings KO 8pm

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Widnes Vikings

Is Brown fit?  

I can't see anything other than a Leeds win, but then I also couldn't see anything other than a Wigan win last week so what do I know?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

widnes to buck the trend and win by 6

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

well in your glory years you didn't lose there very often

Yep, had some good times there, remember a Cup quarter final we won on a Sunday afternoon, think it was 14-7.  

Attendance was something like 26,000.

We did lose a few as well, remember another cup quarter final, this time a replay on a Wednesday night.

Think they declared 15,500 but we just managed to squeeze up the steps on the old scoreboard end.I

t was absolutely rammed.

We lost something like 5-3.

Another that comes to mind for all the wrong reasons was a particular Sunday afternoon game.

Woke up on the morning with the flying s****.

Took a big swig of kaolin and morphine.

Went to Leeds and smashed in the back end of my car on one of those old stone gateposts.

We were 18 -0 down after 15 minutes and went on to lose by 30 odd.

Didn't go on the bog for about four days and lost my no claims bonus fixing the car.

Incidently my paint work was still on that post years later.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Yep, had some good times there, remember a Cup quarter final we won on a Sunday afternoon, think it was 14-7.  

We did lose a few as well, remember another cup quarter final, this time a replay on a Wednesday night.

Think they declared 15,500 but we just managed to squeeze up the steps on the old scoreboard end.I

t was absolutely rammed.

Another that comes to mind for all the wrong reasons was a particular Sunday afternoon game.

Went to Leeds and smashed in the back end of my car on one of those old stone gateposts.

Didn't go on the bog for about four days and lost my no claims bonus fixing the car.

That reminds me, must dig out my copies of "When push comes to shove".

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

t was absolutely rammed.

....which was nice....

t was absolutely rammed.

I

i remember one nighttime cup game it was 5-1 to Leeds the official crowd was around 15k ,no way it was at least 26

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

That would be the same one.

yes that's the one no try's scored and we all thought big Jeff Grayshon was going to Wembley but it was not to be.That game though was very intense

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Having seen our squad for this one, I'm just hoping we can be competitive really. We've a few players out who, whilst not individually massive losses to the team, collectively when added to Brown missing, our structure may struggle to deal with their absence. Our squad is quite loaded with backrowers and utility forwards and light on wingers and backs outside the first choice 17.

The only winger in the 19 is Owens and I hope we see Denis try Marsh on the other wing rather than Craven or, as I've seen suggested on another forum, Isa (did they never see his edge defence!)

IMO one of the biggest improvements the vikings have made in our time in SL has been our edge defence, Flynn in particular now makes great choices regarding coming in to cut out the play or hold his position, and against Leeds' stellar backline, this is where I suspect we'll struggle tonight.

Can't see anything but a Leeds win.  By about 30 maybe?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived