14 Feb: Catalans Dragons v Castleford Tigers KO 2pm GMT (TV)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

James Child giving literally everything against Catalan, a couple of blatant errors in there.

As Cummings said " James child made the wrong decision there"

The commentators said nothing.

Have I died and gone to heaven? If only the regular two clowns would take note.

In the wigan match Jamie Ellis knocks on at three minutes and Hemmings witters on for a whole minute asking to see it again etc etc.

I think they are now bored with the game and are just trying to amuse themselves. They ruin it for me.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the TV does show is that Channing was behind the kicker and about 5 metres later when Solomona comes into shot he is behind Channing. Absolutely blatant. Commentary team agreed too.

The reason it wasn't given is that there was no video of where exactly Solomona was when the kick was made.

So, in other words, after seeing that he was obviously behind Channing who was obviously behind the kick, the video ref is suggesting Solomona may have been offside, then waited for Channing to catch up with him, then chased the ball.

It's just devoid of common sense.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The reason it wasn't given is that there was no video of where exactly Solomona was when the kick was made.

So, in other words, after seeing that he was obviously behind Channing who was obviously behind the kick, the video ref is suggesting Solomona may have been offside, then waited for Channing to catch up with him, then chased the ball.

It's just devoid of common sense.

Yep absolutely 3 officials and a video ref and can't come to the clearly obvious correct decision.

That was an ugly game. The referee was out of depth, letting through too much niggery   niggling around the tackle and never penalised some player like it should have been done. 

Thought I'd help out with your English!  :sclerosis:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

That was an ugly game. The referee was out of depth, letting through too much niggery   niggling around the tackle and never penalised some player like it should have been done. 

Thought I'd help out with your English!  :sclerosis:

Don't try helping anybody out with quoting posts though.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Don't try helping anybody out with quoting posts though.

What makes you say that ???  :tongue:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Yep see it a few times minimal contact above the head, Escare Is like a footballer playing rugby - rolling about on the floor until he gets a penalty (several times today) - I note Wellar Harauki commented along those lines on twitter.

He did it against Saints as well.  Child had a word with him in the match today to stop doing it.  It's all a bit soccer like for my taste.

Childs dear me. Yes the players must also shoulder the blame but give an inch they will take a mile. I'm not an expert but could see the niggle and simply giving penalty after penalty without even having a word is always going to lead to a loss of control. The comment he made to Carney 'that's several penalties now. Any further and I might take action'. No no. Lay down the law. Allowing those horrible late tackles on Dureau and not penalising the Gale knee are sending out a message that you can get away with a lot. He needs relegating. Not sure who he was but saw a guy ref Dewsbury v Featherstone last year. Far far better ref. Let it flow and calmed it when needed

What I've seen so far in super league this year is slow play the balls niggling and both the attacker.and defender cheating.on the floor when tackled.or.making the tackle, either holding the player down or the tackled player holding the tackler, pushing, falling over,diving forwards, movingoff the mark and ball ripping,

I'm starting to get bored watching the scrappy wrestling match with the odd flash of.skill,

Great game even the missus enjoyed it.

I dont think Sims against Elima/Sims or Westwood against Pelissier would resemble boxing. It would simply be someone getting beaten up.

Probably better pitching Elima against Kevin Penny! Casty or Lima maybe but let's not pretend Elima or Pelissier are hardmen!

Childs dear me. Yes the players must also shoulder the blame but give an inch they will take a mile. I'm not an expert but could see the niggle and simply giving penalty after penalty without even having a word is always going to lead to a loss of control. The comment he made to Carney 'that's several penalties now. Any further and I might take action'. No no. Lay down the law. Allowing those horrible late tackles on Dureau and not penalising the Gale knee are sending out a message that you can get away with a lot. He needs relegating. Not sure who he was but saw a guy ref Dewsbury v Featherstone last year. Far far better ref. Let it flow and calmed it when needed

Child's comments to the player saying he might take action is a sign of a weak ref, there should be no might in it. He should be saying he WILL!!

Child's comments to the player saying he might take action is a sign of a weak ref, there should be no might in it. He should be saying he WILL!!

nah, it was very wise to use that word. It did the job, and didnt stitch himself up.

Refs are taught never to say that. You make a rod for your own back and maybe you have to folow u your threat on something trivial. Good reffing from Child that.

I dont think Sims against Elima/Sims or Westwood against Pelissier would resemble boxing. It would simply be someone getting beaten up.

Probably better pitching Elima against Kevin Penny! Casty or Lima maybe but let's not pretend Elima or Pelissier are hardmen!

This is basically what boxing is nowadays, just watch a Klitschko match hahaha. You're underestimating Elima, I understand that you don't like the player but he's not as soft as you think he is. 

Never seen Casty really fighting, more trying to settle the situation than to someone up, he's a judo black belt though so he's not someone to mess with. What I do have seen this weekend was the MASSIVE black eye he's having due to the St Helens game. 

This is basically what boxing is nowadays, just watch a Klitschko match hahaha. You're underestimating Elima, I understand that you don't like the player but he's not as soft as you think he is.

Never seen Casty really fighting, more trying to settle the situation than to ###### someone up, he's a judo black belt though so he's not someone to mess with. What I do have seen this weekend was the MASSIVE black eye he's having due to the St Helens game.

True I don't like Elima so maybe slightly biasing my view of him but think he acts like a petulant child and officers very little on the field.

Casty has a granite type appearence/aura about him comes across as slow to anger but you wouldn't want to (oppersite to Elima). Lee Jewitt for us has a similar apperance/ aura.

Archived