Derek Clarke RIP

dummy scissors

Fearless, that was Clarkey. A real 'rum' character.

What I remember most about Clarkey was the way he often tacked bigger forwards coming at him. It seemed like he would drop in front of them and then tackle them around the legs, always bringing them down while avoiding a direct shot to himself.

RIP Clarkey.

lionsfanusa.gif

What I remember most about Clarkey was the way he often tacked bigger forwards coming at him. It seemed like he would drop in front of them and then tackle them around the legs, always bringing them down while avoiding a direct shot to himself.

RIP Clarkey.

Really? I never noticed he did that. Sounds like a great technique.

Tough as a rock was Derek not sure about the nickname Batman, he was always called Flintstone to me and my fellow supporters . Great 100 per cent player RIP Clarkie.

Batman was his nickname - Don't know where it came from though - RIP.

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

RIP Clarkey.

Quite right Geoff, virtually a 'body trip'!

Just had a phonecall from a member of Derek's family and they wish to thank the club for their support and excellent obitury on the club website. 

Funeral details as per Steves last message

Riggy

Archived