Sign in to follow this  
marshy1

Mick Govin

Just to keep our fans who read this page only up to date I can confirm the club today signed one of our former players Mick Govin for the season.

Unfortunately the club have lost the services of Matt Pendlebury and Dale Cuniffe due to work circumstances both have been released and the club wish them well and thank them for their efforts.

He played for the first time in our 50 -12 drubbing at Barrow on Saturday and if his performance there was anything to go by I would not be unhappy if he moved on to Whitehaven.

Edited by dummy scissors

Gov is a bit if an enigma. He can be a world beater, he's got everything in his game. It just seems to be his attitude that isn't quite right. The guy should be SL not league 1!

Gov is a bit if an enigma. He can be a world beater, he's got everything in his game. It just seems to be his attitude that isn't quite right. The guy should be SL not league 1!

You are joking surely! There are some Lions players that have played SL, there are some that could be playing SL and there are some that will play SL in the future. But Govin isn't any of the above. What I saw in Barrow was a liability with a lack of skill. If coach wanted agression, he got it, but was it controlled? There are far better players in the Lions team right now and he should be a fringe player when needed, or indeed move on up to Whitehaven.