Workington 18 Dewsbury 31: discussion, report, highlights

Piggy's mate

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember us going up there in the Challenge Cup, early seventies, and their Chairman, I think they called him Mitchell, saying Worky would walk it in the programme. We won and my memory was of Harry Beverley actually scoring a try under the sticks. He planted it down that hard you could feel the vibration on the terrace.

Big Harry signed for Town a bit later on and still lives up here on the Solway Firth. Best running action ever seen in RL, he wouldn't get away with it in today's sanitised game.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

sorry to all dewsbury fans for a wasted journey  .  by the way if the terraces shook when harry beverley put the ball down for that dewsbury try  , then the earthquake you can feel today ts  tom mitchell turning in his grave at the suggestion he was chairman of whitehaven . how could such a great man be associated with that rabble  .

sorry to all dewsbury fans for a wasted journey  .  by the way if the terraces shook when harry beverley put the ball down for that dewsbury try  , then the earthquake you can feel today ts  tom mitchell turning in his grave at the suggestion he was chairman of whitehaven . how could such a great man be associated with that rabble  .

I get the impression that you lot don't get on.

A merger is out of the question then?

:angel:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hey grab the positives

We didn't lose

We picked up no injuries

And 2 bus loads of folk had a free mystery tour thru the lake district

So it's not all bad ;)

Makes a change me been positive

;)

Seriously now

Gutted for all fans traveling

After a fabulous gesture for free travel.

Don't like the idea of a midweek rearranged match up there :(

Hey grab the positives

We didn't lose

We picked up no injuries

And 2 bus loads of folk had a free mystery tour thru the lake district

So it's not all bad ;)

Makes a change me been positive

;)

Seriously now

Gutted for all fans traveling

After a fabulous gesture for free travel.

Don't like the idea of a midweek rearranged match up there :(

Hopefully they could play the match on a free Sunday later in the season,maybe on one of the Challenge Cup weekends when both teams are out.

Just looked at the fixtures,not really any Sundays available upto end of July,looks like a midweek game after all I'm afraid.

Might be played on a Challenge Cup weekend after both teams are out.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Just looked at the fixtures,not really any Sundays available upto end of July,looks like a midweek game after all I'm afraid.

ivd backed a town vs Rams final so there's no chance of fitting one in.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I must congratulate your supporters who made the long journey up to the Zebra Claims swimming pool today, you are all a credit to your club and the great game of RL, you could easily have gone right back home but instead you all decided to stay and have a few drinks and a singalong , I hope you all had a good time in the Gus bar and had a safe journey home, I bet theres some bad heads!!! a lot of friendships have been formed and I know a lot of Townies will be making the trip down to yours this season, you all helped to make a ###### day a goodun, see you all soon.

Only half of the fans arrived! Those of us on the second cosch were around 20 miles away when we found out and then someone decided we should head off home. We took in the delights of a wet Keswick for an hour while the driver took his enforced break and therefore missed the goodies and the good time had by others.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I must congratulate your supporters who made the long journey up to the Zebra Claims swimming pool today, you are all a credit to your club and the great game of RL, you could easily have gone right back home but instead you all decided to stay and have a few drinks and a singalong , I hope you all had a good time in the Gus bar and had a safe journey home, I bet theres some bad heads!!! a lot of friendships have been formed and I know a lot of Townies will be making the trip down to yours this season, you all helped to make a ###### day a goodun, see you all soon.

Had a good day we were gutted when we arrived at the ground to find the match called off.But the hospitality shown by you as a club was first class providing food,entertainment by the way he was a very good singer,you wasn't bad yourself. But the best entertainment was TY playing his air guitar & us finishing the day off with us singing the rams anthem,once again thank you!!

Had a good day we were gutted when we arrived at the ground to find the match called off.But the hospitality shown by you as a club was first class providing food,entertainment by the way he was a very good singer,you wasn't bad yourself. But the best entertainment was TY playing his air guitar & us finishing the day off with us singing the rams anthem,once again thank you!!

Pleased you enjoyed it marra, have to agree TY is class cant understand why Simon Cowell hasnt picked him up yet :laugh: , all the best for this season and we will look forward to our trip to the Rams.

Archived