Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

27 Feb: St Helens v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

I wouldn't have given Cas a hope before Sunday, but if they can get inbetween the ears of the Saints players they must have a chance, psychology play's a big factor both positive and not so, Keiron and Sean have a very big role to play in this game, for their own good they need to get both the team and themselves through it with a commanding victory.

South Sydney will have shaken a few vanity mirrors loose at Saints perhaps calling some players off the golf course and into attendance at  a refresher course in RL application. I can see Saints exacting a 40 point revenge on whoever they come across.

Saints to right some wrongs....

in the mood they are in and likely that luke walsh will play saints to win 56-6

Walsh is our invisible number 7.  His mum says he's been confirmed fit to play but Cunningham says he won't be rushed back.  Meanwhile Saints fans are starting to get suspicious.

Thankfully Lance Hohaia is named in the 19 as he should have been last weekend.  Hopefully he will play as he actually has a kicking game. 

I've no idea how this game will go. 

Walsh is our invisible number 7.  His mum says he's been confirmed fit to play but Cunningham says he won't be rushed back.  Meanwhile Saints fans are starting to get suspicious.

Thankfully Lance Hohaia is named in the 19 as he should have been last weekend.  Hopefully he will play as he actually has a kicking game. 

I've no idea how this game will go. 

I'd like to see the following team put out:

1. Lomax

2. Makinson

3. Percival

4. Dawson

5. Swift

6. Burns

7. Hohaia

8. Amor

9. Roby

10. Walmsley

11. Greenwood

12. Vea

13. Thompson

14. Richards

15. LMS

16. Masoe

17. Jones

It won't happen though as the 'Queen Bee' will be at scrum half again... in fact, I'd have been tempted to give Hewitt a spot on the bench and 20mins later in the game.

I'd like to see the following team put out:

1. Lomax

2. Makinson

3. Percival

4. Dawson

5. Swift

6. Burns

7. Hohaia

8. Amor

9. Roby

10. Walmsley

11. Greenwood

12. Vea

13. Thompson

14. Richards

15. LMS

16. Masoe

17. Jones

It won't happen though as the 'Queen Bee' will be at scrum half again... in fact, I'd have been tempted to give Hewitt a spot on the bench and 20mins later in the game.

So you'd drop your captain completely?

I would as I wasn't an advocate of giving him the captaincy in the first place. I personally don't think he'd get into the back row as Greenwood and Vea are playing extremely well as the starting backrowers, Thompson is top-quality (pick of the forwards against Souths IMO) and LMS has far more utility and punch going forward. The only player he'd compete for a place would be Jones. I personally think Wilkin is/has always been over-rated and stifles the side.

I think it was unfortunate that Wilkin was chosen as captain.  Inevitable but unfortunate.  He isn't our best second rower and he isn't a 7 in any universe but appointing him captain has ensured he will play regardless of his form or how many penalties he gives away at key moments.  He will play but hopefully Cunningham will have grown up a bit since last week and will play Hohaia in the halves given that Hohaia has learned how to play in the halves since coming to Saints.  He has a very good and appropriate kicking game, reads the game well, is pacey, has a step and can defend exceptionally well, all the things we so badly needed on Sunday but didn't have because Cunningham opted to play Wilkin in the halves.

What I like about Wilkin is that he doesn't take the game too seriously. In fact his own personal errors never fail to amuse him.

I hope come 10pm Friday his sides have split.....

Edited by Gates1

I would as I wasn't an advocate of giving him the captaincy in the first place. I personally don't think he'd get into the back row as Greenwood and Vea are playing extremely well as the starting backrowers, Thompson is top-quality (pick of the forwards against Souths IMO) and LMS has far more utility and punch going forward. The only player he'd compete for a place would be Jones. I personally think Wilkin is/has always been over-rated and stifles the side.

Yeah i'd agree,always thought Wilkin talks a good game is very easy on the eye for the fairer sex,but as a RL player with a so called top club has failed to deliver in any position he's played.

Amazed how many times he got selected in rep squads

Yeah i'd agree,always thought Wilkin talks a good game is very easy on the eye for the fairer sex,but as a RL player with a so called top club has failed to deliver in any position he's played.

Amazed how many times he got selected in rep squads

He got selected in rep squads for the same reason lots of Wigan and Leeds players have been selected recently - we won trophies at that time.  We stop winning trophies, we stop getting players selected.  Wilkin being chosen for England reflected a weakness in our England coaching set up.

He got selected in rep squads for the same reason lots of Wigan and Leeds players have been selected recently - we won trophies at that time.  We stop winning trophies, we stop getting players selected.  Wilkin being chosen for England reflected a weakness in our England coaching set up.

Yep can agree with this

He got selected in rep squads for the same reason lots of Wigan and Leeds players have been selected recently - we won trophies at that time. We stop winning trophies, we stop getting players selected. Wilkin being chosen for England reflected a weakness in our England coaching set up.

Many wise words there....

Saints to right some wrongs....

in the mood they are in and likely that luke walsh will play saints to win 56-6

I watched both these sides play last week and I'd be highly, highly surprised if Saints win by 50 tonight.

Whats going on with Walsh, they said he had the sniffles on TV at the souths game. Man up or go home

I'm beginning to wonder. I thought his ankle was fully recovered and it was some viral thing keeping him out, and I don't think we wanted to risk him before the South Sydney game. I'm concerned as to why he isn't back playing now though, he's obviously very important for us.

Edited by MrFussy

Saints by plenty. Too big and powerfull for Cas pack looking at selection. Although DP doesn't have that much available in the squad to change that with two of the bog guys (Jewitt and Mariano) out I don't get his selection choices in leaving Wheeldon (who did a decent job last week) and Webster out for the much smaller Nathan Massey - who I just don't think is good enough for this level.

Could be a long night as a Cas fan......