6 Mar: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

Cas running rampant and doing pretty much anything they like. Wigan might be able to do something if they had a leader, but the scoreline's long gone.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42:8 now. A thumping.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carney immense in attack, if not defence. Forwards outstanding . Dorn usual self, missed, but so much use in attack.

Wakey should have been put to ground at home

Saints could have gone either way, ref disputed.

42-8 now

Done and dusted

That was pretty much the case after 40 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan with and without Sean O'loughlin look like two completely different sides.  He offers leadership, some steel in defence, go forward and clever hands on their structured run plays

I can't think of another player in another team who would be missed as much as O'loughlin is by Wigan when he isn't there

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22-4...didn't see this one coming

I did, though. Remember how Cas were last season and they will be better this season. Wigsn, my team are overrated, too, as is their coach. Despite all that, well done Cas.

Wigan with and without Sean O'loughlin look like two completely different sides.  He offers leadership, some steel in defence, go forward and clever hands on their structured run plays

I can't think of another player in another team who would be missed as much as O'loughlin is by Wigan when he isn't there

Yep, agree with that.  It's not as obvious as Wire's reliance on Briers and now Ratchford but it's much more important.

I did, though. Remember how Cas were last season and they will be better this season. Wigsn, my team are overrated, too, as is their coach. Despite all that, well done Cas.

Perhaps I underestimated them in light of their off-season departures (plus after watching their performance against saints). I think Wigan will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.......clubs like Wigan, Saints and Leeds have a winning mentality that gets them there in the end  

With a full squad I'd fancy this. However Mariano and Jewitt now joined by Moore (ban), Solomona (injured), Tansey (Injured), Webster (dropped) and (Potentially) Lynch (injured) I suspect we will lack the ability to get on top in the forwards.

I think Wigan by a few scores, more if we don't cut out the silly errors we have produced so far this season.

Could my predictions be any worse this season. Cas simply looked more up for it, better drilled and more threatening.

Superb performance. Take a bow Luke Gale exceptional tonight, good to see the old Carney back (not so good for Charnley), Luke Dorn was dangerous every time he got the ball and forwards (Matt Cook and Nathan Massey especially) stepped up and really impressed considering missing forwards.

Well done Cas!

I'd expect that Wigan will rally a bit sometime in the season, but will be too far behind the leaders by then.

I did wonder about Cas losing so many influential players in one go, but they certainly didn't look short-handed tonight.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Magnificent result for us tonight.

Didn't see it coming but should not have doubted DP.

Need to kick on now. Get the injured players back and we should be in the mix.

Thursday at Fartown should be very interesting....

Just seen the Wane interview - he looks shell shocked & devastated by it.

Sounds like Shenny has a dislocated shoulder....

Carney's hand off on Charnley for the opening try was immense! He dropped him like a sack of spuds. He is one powerful man. The second one looked pretty good too.

Kick return in second half (won't make highlights) but was just as good. He must have dropped Charnley in similar fashion 4 times tonight

Kick return in second half (won't make highlights) but was just as good. He must have dropped Charnley in similar fashion 4 times tonight bad dreams for Josh tonight!

Carney had a lot of making up to do after his, er, performance against us last week!

I thought Cas might beat Wigan but I didn't see a tonking coming.  Well done Cas! 

Looking at Wigans side tonight there wasn't one player who makes you think "oh no, not him" if you were an opposition fan. their use of home grown players is admirable but a club like wigan should have a few stars in the mix.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Looking at Wigans side tonight there wasn't one player who makes you think "oh no, not him" if you were an opposition fan. their use of home grown players is admirable but a club like wigan should have a few stars in the mix.

" A club like Wigan " ? , much as I'd love to see the pies bouncing round 8th-9th near the end of the season ( especially as Leigh have already beaten them this year ) and I dislike Mr Wane with a vengeance , his and their policy of playing home grown players is fantastic for the sport , and I do wish them success for it

So more " clubs like Wigan " is what we need

" A club like Wigan " ? , much as I'd love to see the pies bouncing round 8th-9th near the end of the season ( especially as Leigh have already beaten them this year ) and I dislike Mr Wane with a vengeance , his and their policy of playing home grown players is fantastic for the sport , and I do wish them success for it

So more " clubs like Wigan " is what we need

True. Many of us Cas fans decided last night it would be great to play a team like Wigan every week, or simply Wigan every week. So much so the request was made by several thousand singing fans

Archived