Sign in to follow this  
buford t justice

Scott Leatherbarrow - enough is enough!

Dreadful again today, hes been very pedestrian and slow this year, and offers very little to the team in games

His kicking game is also dreadful, with most kicks finding the man and not open space.

Can someone at the club please either give him a rocket up the backside, or start to look for another scrum half, as he is without doubt a major hindrance to our attacking play.

Have to agree, his kicking game and passing is by far the worst iv'e seen so far in this division, no control of kicks, i.e straight down throat, & his passing is so slow and flat, we need a scrum half that can take charge on the pitch and lead the player's, we simply have no leader, just show's how much you need a ben black or tiger in your team. Imo

Dreadful again today, hes been very pedestrian and slow this year, and offers very little to the team in games

His kicking game is also dreadful, with most kicks finding the man and not open space.

Can someone at the club please either give him a rocket up the backside, or start to look for another scrum half, as he is without doubt a major hindrance to our attacking play.

It is a team game, and he is not the only one to  be struggling. It seems to me he is playing to a clear game plan so John Kear might want to take some responsibility too.

Not sure that to be having a go at one player is particularly right on this occasion.

Who could we get that is any better? And he is much better defensively that Moore was imo

It is a team game, and he is not the only one to be struggling. It seems to me he is playing to a clear game plan so John Kear might want to take some responsibility too.

Not sure that to be having a go at one player is particularly right on this occasion.

Im not having a go, merely pointing out that hes been dreadful so far and shows no sign of improvement and something needs to be done.

I could make a case for every other squad member having at least one good game this term, but hes not doing anything in games to warrant anything other than negative comments.

If we had another half back i have no doubt he'd be dropped.

Edited by buford t justice

I totally agree he has no attack flair with Moore he had a great change of pace and a good kick at posts in the locker too where Scott has neither he misses a lot at post and seems to panic a lot.

I'm guessing the club will be sticking by him anyway so let us fans get behind him too. I'm sure he knows himself if he's not giving all he can or if he thinks he can do better then it's upto him to get himself in gear. All we can do is support him if JK is doing too.

Regardless of Leatherbarrow's injury, the last two games have shown that we are in desperate need of an experienced halfback. We might well pay the price at the end of the season for not recruiting a 6 or 7 who can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Ben Black had the ability to do so, even when half-fit.

Regardless of Leatherbarrow's injury, the last two games have shown that we are in desperate need of an experienced halfback. We might well pay the price at the end of the season for not recruiting a 6 or 7 who can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Ben Black had the ability to do so, even when half-fit.

This is probably a sentiment shared by many Championship clubs but, in reality, who is/was out there who would have fitted this description?

This is probably a sentiment shared by many Championship clubs but, in reality, who is/was out there who would have fitted this description?

That's a good point BSJ, but Mr Kain was available until very late in pre-season and the option was always there to look overseas - which our club is unfortunately loath to do.

Danny grimshaw is available after not been selected to play stand off at hunslet

According to my sources he's not an option for us - despite his dispute with Hunslet.

So, we need to pull a rabbit out of the hat from somewhere. It's likely that we'll move Leak to the halves for Sunday, but given his previous appearances at halfback he's not the answer. I like him at hooker, but we need an experienced player to take control of a game and manoeuvre us around the pitch.

If we don't find an adequate replacement for Leatherbarrow - who let's face is it hasn't broken any pots so far, we'll end up in real trouble by the mid-point of the season.

The question 'who's out there?' has previously been posed to me when I've suggested looking for a replacement. It's maybe a valid point, but I'd hope that we have networks in place that could solve the problem.

Edited by TheTerminator

According to my sources he's not an option for us - despite his dispute with Hunslet.

So, we need to pull a rabbit out of the hat from somewhere. It's likely that we'll move Leak to the halves for Sunday, but given his previous appearances at halfback he's not the answer. I like him at hooker, but we need an experienced player to take control of a game and manoeuvre us around the pitch.

If we don't find an adequate replacement for Leatherbarrow - who let's face is it hasn't broken any pots so far, we'll end up in real trouble by the mid-point of the season.

The question 'who's out there?' has previously been posed to me when I've suggested looking for a replacement. It's maybe a valid point, but I'd hope that we have networks in place that could solve the problem.

my sources tell me we could have the problem solved but not in time for bradford game

All these sources !

The sauces I have are tomato, HP brown and the obligatory mint right at the back of the cupboard.

And mine never tell me anything.

Edited by Bull dogging