Sign in to follow this  
dipset11

forwards backs...what's missing?

Think nico had a great game and wingers too props and loose were great aswell as most pack chandler mitchell.what do we need to change it up?do we need a strike centre?quality hb?

Strike centres & scrum halves are as rare of rocking horse dung you only have to watch Super League for that & even rarer on our budget.

To a man yesterday every player worked their socks off & we weren't that far away from a victory & the same applies to the other games we've lost.

A bit more composure & more creativity in the final 3rd are the only things lacking.

I think one thing we could do with is an experienced half back who can calm us down and give us a bit of leadership and direction, as yesterday we went through sets of six far too quickly at times and rushed attacks in the final third, when perhaps a little more composure was needed. Unfortunately those kind of players command a big wage and are few and far between.

Having said that I thought Southernwood was excellent yesterday and formed a nice little partnership with Nicholson and Leak - its well documented that ive not been impressed with Leatherbarrow this season so far and i thought we looked far better in the halves without him, the kicking game in particular was very good and we looked more dynamic and creative.

Cant find fault at all with anyones performance yesterday though, every one of the lads gave their all and did the themselves, the fans and the club proud.

Said before the start of the season, who is going to be our "leader" on the field?  How many times do we get into a good field position and then, as already said, blow it by lack of composure.  We are badly in need of someone who is going to control the manner in which we play in the centre of the park.

By the looks of yesterday and the previous weeks all your missing is a bit of luck or maybe a kind bounce of the ball. shame about yesterday sounds like you deserved to win. It would of been nice if you had of won but hats off to your boys for even being in with a chance in the last 10.

I think one thing we could do with is an experienced half back who can calm us down and give us a bit of leadership and direction, as yesterday we went through sets of six far too quickly at times and rushed attacks in the final third, when perhaps a little more composure was needed. Unfortunately those kind of players command a big wage and are few and far between.

Having said that I thought Southernwood was excellent yesterday and formed a nice little partnership with Nicholson and Leak - its well documented that ive not been impressed with Leatherbarrow this season so far and i thought we looked far better in the halves without him, the kicking game in particular was very good and we looked more dynamic and creative.

Cant find fault at all with anyones performance yesterday though, every one of the lads gave their all and did the themselves, the fans and the club proud.

I agree why would we want to change this, any other team bar Leigh we'd have beaten yesterday

All the team were fantastic so proud of our lads

Having said that theres a loan rumour of a scrum half coming in this week.