Sign in to follow this  
MancRL

Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils Challenge Cup

Leigh Centurions have drawn Salford In the next round of the Challenge Cup. Could be a very interesting game this one.

Probably the worst draw they could have got. Salford still aren't firing on all cylinders, while Leigh seem to have hit the ground running. (Bit of a cliche fest there.) If there are any televised matches this round, I guess this one will be it. Salford invariably put up a dismal performance when they're on TV.

Still, it'll leave them free to concentrate on getting a place in the top 8.

It will be a very interesting match if The Hock is playing.

This could work either way. He could have a cracker and cause all sorts of problems for Salford, or he could have a crack up and cause all sorts of problems for Leigh. You just have to expect the unexpected with him.

One little caveat though. According to someone on RLFans, he's under investigation by the RFL for some homophobic tweets he sent. If this is true (the poster didn't provide a link to show that it was) and he's found guilty, then he may not be available to play. Never a dull moment with Gareth.

Amen to that one RedJohn

Word is (albeit internet word) that there's a clause in the deal releasing Gareth from his contract at Salford stipulating that he can't play against Salford until after 2016. Gareth claims he didn't know it was there (and, to be fair, unless the deal was written up in cartoon form or he had someone read it to him, why would he?) and the Leigh club didn't know about it either.

It remains to be seen what will happen (if it's true).

Once again, never a dull moment with Gareth.

I hope Gareth abides by the deal he appears to have signed with Marwan and doesn't play, because I fear that if he does, he might get a bit overexcited and do something profoundly stupid.

Well Red John it looks like Gareth can play. Luckily Mr Chase is not playing so Gareth might just behave himself LOL

Well Red John it looks like Gareth can play. Luckily Mr Chase is not playing so Gareth might just behave himself LOL

I'd wait and see if he takes the field. There's been a bit of trash talking by the two chairmen which seems to have piqued a few people's interest. Personally, I've still got a tiny bit of "meh" about the game (and, to some extent, the Challenge Cup), but I'll be there tomorrow to see what unfolds.