Sign in to follow this  
The Parksider

Dual Reg - the fightback begins

So you dont know if fans are going to watch Leeds.

But more away fans make the numbers higher.

Maybe enquire with the Terminator how he comes to the conclusion a great many have walked away due to DR?

He just may have more detail than me. I have of course always asked fans I know about whether they are not interested any more.

The answer seems to be that 1,500 of them walked away after we were told we could not be in Superleague in 1999.

Those I know who still went after that are largely ambivolent towards the DR thing. It's maybe the diehard thing. 

Edited by The Parksider

Under the normal loan rules the receiving club must pay the player's contract as if he was at his parent club but that doesn't apply to DR.

No, that's not so.  The "receiving" club has to pay whatever's agreed.  Could be more, could be less.  Furthermore, it's not paid to the player through the PAYE system, it's paid to the club holding his original registration, + VAT.

It's a bit like hiring a plumber.  You don't pay the plumber a wage, you pay his employers.

No, that's not so.  The "receiving" club has to pay whatever's agreed.  Could be more, could be less.  Furthermore, it's not paid to the player through the PAYE system, it's paid to the club holding his original registration, + VAT.

It's a bit like hiring a plumber.  You don't pay the plumber a wage, you pay his employers.

Gotcha my lad. A man of fact not fantasy.

Can Rovers afford to go full time next year assuming 3rd. is best they can do??

Can Rovers afford to go full time next year assuming 3rd. is best they can do??

Fev ?  I've no recent information, I'm afraid.

Oh my! Have you also left as well as Nahaboo?

hopefully :tongue:

That's pretty much what I said. Ok the loan payment can be varied but that's not really the point of the discussion. Under DR clubs get players for free in certain circumstances. Do you think Hunslet paid Delaney's wages or a Town paid Lee Mossop's the other week ?

Do you think Hunslet paid Delaney's wages 

Not at all, the deal is Leeds save £100,000 using Hunslet as the "A" team, we don't have to pay for it as well. I suspect Leeds are paying for all those loaned/DR'd in.

Unsure about permatemporary contracts though, did Hunslet pay for Liam Hoods contract in full, did Featherstone pay the permatemporary contract of the four Leeds players, maybe the RFL investigation will find out?

It's all about the money. Get them on loan or as permanent signings you have to pay for them. Get them on DR and they are free gratis.

I must have misunderstood the bit where you said "get them on loan .... [and] you have to pay for them.

Nor are they necessarily free gratis on DR.  They may be, they may not be.  It's up to the clubs to agree.

Oh my! Have you also left as well as Nahaboo?

I'm not a Fev supporter, pal.  Though they are my local club and I have a lot of friends there.

Edited by Griff