6 Apr: The Super League Match Thread (Easter Part Two)

We opted to relax today it would seem!

Well done to Hull for a much needed win.  If there is one team I don't mind us losing to, so long as it isn't an important game, then it's Hull FC. :D

Very sporting of you to say so in defeat.

I'm pleased for the Hull players. What they haven't lacked this season is effort and commitment. I'm glad they've got some reward for that.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sporting of you to say so in defeat.

I'm pleased for the Hull players. What they haven't lacked this season is effort and commitment. I'm glad they've got some reward for that.

No worries.  Aside from anything else, you actually sing a class song as your club song, unlike some other teams I could mention!

No worries. Aside from anything else, you actually sing a class song as your club song, unlike some other teams I could mention!

My mate Ullman said he heard this one at the KC last Thursday....

"Que sera, sera,

whatever will be, will be,

we're going to Dewsbury,

que sera, sera."

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

My mate Ullman said he heard this one at the KC last Thursday....

"Que sera, sera,

whatever will be, will be,

we're going to Dewsbury,

que sera, sera."

:biggrin:  Not true though I reckon!

Hull fans can properly chant and stuff.  I remember a few years back at Knowsley Road when we played in the fog.  I think it was Longy's debut for you against us (and you beat us if memory serves!).  Hull fans came out with some really funny chants, responding to the ridiculous situation of not seeing half of what was going on.  I think only Hull and Saints fans do spontaneous humerous chants.  I don't remember hearing any other fans doing it, although I might have missed something I don't know.

I remember the "fog" game very well. You're quite correct, Long, Craig Fitzgibbon and Epilhame Lauaki all made debuts in a resounding victory that, as usual, proved to be yet another false dawn.

I persuaded RoyBoy to stand down the side on the 40m mark rather than with the rest of the Hull fans and it paid handsome dividends as we actually "saw" a fair bit of the game.

"What the feck is going on?" was a popular line heard drifting across from the end where the majority of away fans were during the game.

No worries.  Aside from anything else, you actually sing a class song as your club song, unlike some other teams I could mention!

But they never win at Wembley.

Back in my box, took a vow not to comment until Rovers lose again as it is not allowed by those in the know, the original Super League teams followers. Too many Aussies my aras.

:biggrin:  Not true though I reckon!

Hull fans can properly chant and stuff.  I remember a few years back at Knowsley Road when we played in the fog.  I think it was Longy's debut for you against us (and you beat us if memory serves!).  Hull fans came out with some really funny chants, responding to the ridiculous situation of not seeing half of what was going on.  I think only Hull and Saints fans do spontaneous humerous chants.  I don't remember hearing any other fans doing it, although I might have missed something I don't know.

Thought "shall we sing a song for you" last Thursday followed by Old Faithful (the East Hull version inc references to Wembley and the Boulevard falling over) was quite spontaneous in the tumbleweed atmosphere created by the Hull fatefuls.  Taxi. 

Back in my box, took a vow not to comment until Rovers lose again as it is not allowed by those in the know

:biggrin:

And I note you only stayed in it for four minutes.  :nono:

(Been digging for the info you wanted btw, still waiting for Hull FC's historian to get back to me.)

Enjoyed the Cas win. Thought our forwards stood up well - an area I thought we would really struggle in. Gale was exceptional, as was Milner - outplaying his very talented opposing hookers.

To win against an almost full strength Warrington away with 8 first team regulars out, most of whom you would expect to be picked in a 'strongest' Cas lineup and losing 2 players mid game through injury including you influential full back is an outstanding result.

Had Tanseys at 18's for first try - made the win even sweeter;)

Looked like a decent crowd. More than 7000 for sure.

6500 at Salford yet the game delayed due to crowd congestion. That tells us that either that Stadium should not have a certificate for its full capacity. Or Salford need to sort out some cash turnstiles.

Thought "shall we sing a song for you" last Thursday followed by Old Faithful (the East Hull version inc references to Wembley and the Boulevard falling over) was quite spontaneous in the tumbleweed atmosphere created by the Hull fatefuls.  Taxi.

Sorry but the only spontaneous thing I've seen HKR fans do when the visit Saints is fight with each other, which I suppose is entertaining in itself. ;)

6500 at Salford yet the game delayed due to crowd congestion. That tells us that either that Stadium should not have a certificate for its full capacity. Or Salford need to sort out some cash turnstiles.

I would imagine the problem was actually getting up the entrance road more than getting in the stadium itself, unless they were taken by surprise by the numbers and so were down on staff.

I had no issues getting in to the ground at Salford, but there were large queues for ticket collection at the front of the stadium which may have been the reason for the delayed kick off.

As for only Saints and FC doing spontaneous chants Really!! I've heard them at almost every ground, including the non super league grounds.

6500 would mean the stadium was only just over half full, and I'm pretty sure there were more than that there. At a guess, probably closer to 8000. Nevertheless, having to delay the kick off for such a crowd is poor. As has been said, a lot of people would have been delayed on the A57 approaching the stadium. This is also the approach road to the motorway junction, and the only viable route towards the western part of the city, so match traffic gets caught up in traffic heading elsewhere. It's difficult to think of a location in the whole of the city of Salford less accessible than Barton.

As for the cash turnstiles, that's up to the stadium management company. Apparently, making you buy a ticket is "for your convenience".

Archived