Wigan loan 2 to Salford

Wigan Warriors have loaned duo James Greenwood and Oliver Gildart to Salford Red Devils on one-month deals.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Who's actually confirmed as out for you Sunday? What's likely team?

Don't know yet. I guess it depends on how many of the injured players make a miracle recovery this week. So

Definitely out:

Rangi Chase, Weller Hauraki (both suspended)

Most likely out

Cory Paterson, Darrell Griffin (both probably suspended)

Josh Griffin, Tommy Lee, Jordan Walne, Adam Walne, Luke Menzies (long term injured)

Tony Puletua (in dispute, apparently)

Probably out

Ben Jones-Bishop, Junior Sa'u, Michael Dobson (injured last week)

Jason Walton (missed last week because of injury)

Jon Ford, Brad England (out on loan)

Potentially 16 players (plus any others who we're not aware of) missing from a first team squad of 29.

I think we'll see a few players making their debuts this week.

Neither are good enough yet for SL judging by their DR appearances in the Championship this season. Greenwood hasn't done too bad but is still a way off SL level, and Gildart is a promising kid but nowhere near Championship level yet never mind SL.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Surely under 19s would be better than playing coach.

Looking at squad probably along the lines of:

Evald's

Johnson

Caton Brown

Gee

Gildart

Locke

Fages

Morley

Godwin

Tasi

Hanson

Under 19?

Greenwood

George Griffin

Hood

?

?

?

Although I reckon a few of the doubtful will play pushing a few others out/to bench.

Big ask of some of the young us if so.

Evald's

Johnson

Caton Brown

Gee

Gildart

Locke

Fages

Morley

Godwin

Tasi

Hanson

Greenwood

George Griffin

Hood

?

?

?

Although I reckon a few of the doubtful will play pushing a few others out/to bench.

Edited - had you playing 14 (again ;))

Evald's

Johnson

Caton Brown

Gee

Gildart

Locke

Fages

Morley

Godwin

Tasi

Hanson

Under 19?

Greenwood

George Griffin

Hood

?

?

?

I think Ian Watson is a fallback option and it's not certain he'll play. He's older than Adrian Morley, so it may depend on whether they can get Saga to insure him. One of the U-19s (Ryan Lannon - apparently, the cousin of Gareth Hock) made his debut against Leeds last week, so I suspect he'll be in the squad this week. After that, it's anyone's guess. The fact that they've brought in two inexperienced players from Wigan suggests that they're not expecting too many of the injured players to recover, and they'll be reaching deep into their own U-19s to put a squad out.

I think Ian Watson is a fallback option and it's not certain he'll play. He's older than Adrian Morley, so it may depend on whether they can get Saga to insure him. One of the U-19s (Ryan Lannon - apparently, the cousin of Gareth Hock) made his debut against Leeds last week, so I suspect he'll be in the squad this week. After that, it's anyone's guess. The fact that they've brought in two inexperienced players from Wigan suggests that they're not expecting too many of the injured players to recover, and they'll be reaching deep into their own U-19s to put a squad out.

Talk about right time to play a team - saying that knowing Cas we will probably go and lose anyway!

At the moment, it does appear that fortune is favouring Cas. We might get a better idea of how desperate Salford are when the squads are announced (although maybe not even then - they named Adam Walne in the 19 for one game recently but I'd seen him the day before with a big bunch of strapping around one of his knees, suggesting he was just there to make the numbers up).

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan Bailey plays. Given Salford's difficulty in putting a squad together and our apparently non-existent fanbase, we might finally get to see if Ryan really can start a fight in an empty house.

At the moment, it does appear that fortune is favouring Cas. We might get a better idea of how desperate Salford are when the squads are announced (although maybe not even then - they named Adam Walne in the 19 for one game recently but I'd seen him the day before with a big bunch of strapping around one of his knees, suggesting he was just there to make the numbers up).

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan Bailey plays. Given Salford's difficulty in putting a squad together and our apparently non-existent fanbase, we might finally get to see if Ryan really can start a fight in an empty house.

Yeah I suspect a few more will play.

Haha - Expecting another low attendance then? Dont think you will get to find out, Baileys not playing according to Powellooking. Week or two to settle In 1st.

Attendances have picked up recently, and the feeling amongst the faithful is that they've actually been under-reported somewhat (unusually, I agree with them on this).

Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News is reporting that Garreth Carvell has joined the club as player welfare officer. What are you doing Sunday Garreth?

Notice it only mentions BJB doubtful possibly meaning others injured last week are good.

The squads are up! The squads are up!

Salford:

Locke

Jones-Bishop

Johnson

Morley

Tasi

Hansen

Fages

Taylor

Caton-Brown

Evalds

Walton

Hood

G Griffin

Forster

Gee

Lannon

Godwin

Gildart

Greenwood

Cas:

Clare

Shenton

Roberts

Gale

Lynch

Milner

Millington

O Holmes

Massey

Jewitt

Boyle

Moors

S Moore

Wheeldon

Finn

Tansey

Gibson

Robson

Maher

Walton and BJB come off the injured list for Salford (although there's no guarantee either are really available) and no Ian Watson. As suggested, Cas leave out Ryan Bailey. Sensible move by Daryl Powell. He'll no doubt be aware of the rumours surrounding Liam Hood's release from Leeds, and rightly feels Ryan needs protecting from people who aren't afraid to hit him back.

Attendances have picked up recently, and the feeling amongst the faithful is that they've actually been under-reported somewhat (unusually, I agree with them on this).

Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News is reporting that Garreth Carvell has joined the club as player welfare officer. What are you doing Sunday Garreth?

He's on Fev's books as a player. Not been fit enough to play yet mind, so he might fit in well at Salford at present!

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

The squads are up! The squads are up!

Salford:

Locke

Jones-Bishop

Johnson

Morley

Tasi

Hansen

Fages

Taylor

Caton-Brown

Evalds

Walton

Hood

G Griffin

Forster

Gee

Lannon

Godwin

Gildart

Greenwood

Cas:

Clare

Shenton

Roberts

Gale

Lynch

Milner

Millington

O Holmes

Massey

Jewitt

Boyle

Moors

S Moore

Wheeldon

Finn

Tansey

Gibson

Robson

Maher

Walton and BJB come off the injured list for Salford (although there's no guarantee either are really available) and no Ian Watson. As suggested, Cas leave out Ryan Bailey. Sensible move by Daryl Powell. He'll no doubt be aware of the rumours surrounding Liam Hood's release from Leeds, and rightly feels Ryan needs protecting from people who aren't afraid to hit him back.

Ryan Bailey probably asked not to play against the mighty Liam Hood, I can imagine him cowering at the thought...or maybe Powell just wants him to settle in before playing - pretty sure I know the answer to that one!

To be honest, especially if Walton and BJB play theirs still some talent in that squad and Cas would be well warned not to take the match lightly. We were dire out wide vs Widnes and still have 4 of our 5 starting 1st choice back line out as well as a couple of good forwards. Glad Gales back in, we looked dire without him. Great to see Moors back, hugely entertaining and dangerous player when fit - although suspect he wont make 17 and will be given another week. Young Ash Robson probably making debut. Hope we play him in his natural full back position rather than shoehorning him to wing.

Wouldn't suprised me if it ended up been a close game.

Hood put Bailey on his backside and gave him a black eye.I'd say the former rather than the latter.

So you are seriously suggesting a pro rugby league player has asked the coach not to play him because he doesn't want to line up against a young hooker who allegedly punched him?

Get a grip!

So you are seriously suggesting a pro rugby league player has asked the coach not to play him because he doesn't want to line up against a young hooker who allegedly punched him?

Get a grip!

nope not at all.all in jest.

no alleged about it.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Archived