Rams land Conroy on one-month loan

Tom Coates

"Nathan has Super League experience already and I see him in the same mould as Adam O'Brien when he came to the club"

Dewsbury Rams are pleased to announce the addition of Nathan Conroy to the squad on a one-month loan.

Read the full story: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/43358/rams-land-conroy-on-one-month

I give in. another hooker.

If I was Joel Farrell I'd abandon ship now and find a club that recognises that he is probably the best prospect outside super league for sometime.

Or maybe he's just not a hooker in GMs mind?

I give in. another hooker.

If I was Joel Farrell I'd abandon ship now and find a club that recognises that he is probably the best prospect outside super league for sometime.

Or maybe he's just not a hooker in GMs mind?

Joel is better at second row or loose forward - he's a runner rather than a dummy half.

Don't worry, he'll be a first team regular soon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

“Faz is doing exactly what we ask of him,” said coach Morrison.

“We haven’t thrown him in every game. He’s got a couple of things to improve on but he’s got a big future in the game.”

Source: http://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/dewsbury-look-stop-big-dip/

By GM's own admission, the team have been getting results without playing particularly well, so it seems to me, if the need to "improve on a few things" is an obstacle to selection, more than Joel would be missing on a regular basis. I've heard his discipline let's him down, but then maybe the frustration of putting in MOM performances and then being dropped for the next match does that to you. I'm with Nick on this - on current form, his name should be first on the sheet. As for the loan signing of a  young hooker - where does this leave wagga (or is he still injured) ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Whilst nobody wishes to doubt the coach I would imagine a good proportion of fans find the non selection of Joel surprising to say the least.

He's played in eight first team games this season so I can't understand the expression "non selection". We have a squad of players that GM is using to best effect in order to reach the highest position in the league followed by the play-offs. If younger players are over-used, especially in the forwards, then the chances of mid-season burn-out would increase and this wouldn't benefit the team at all. If there was a case of a match that was lost but might have been won by the inclusion of a certain player then I could understand this grumbling but there hasn't has there?

The success of the team is paramount and each player has his part to play in that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Think folk miss the point of farrell's development

Potential has to be nurtured

Not just thrown in at the deep end

Which long term can be counter productive

He's our weapon of mass destruction... So why waste a tactical weapon on every battle you have

You don't,you save that weapon until it is recharged and chomping at the bit ready to go

The world has become all here and now...

Whiskey will be matured in a week,champagne in a day

And a future rugby league star over night

I think not

Have patience ;)

:)

Think folk miss the point of farrell's development

Potential has to be nurtured

Not just thrown in at the deep end

Which long term can be counter productive

He's our weapon of mass destruction... So why waste a tactical weapon on every battle you have

You don't,you save that weapon until it is recharged and chomping at the bit ready to go

The world has become all here and now...

Whiskey will be matured in a week,champagne in a day

And a future rugby league star over night

I think not

Have patience ;)

:)

Absolutely correct,Farrell is going to be a super league player of the future,things happen when he plays,i will go as far and say he will be our stand out player on Sunday,even if he doesn't start.He loves playing against the doggies.

He's played in eight first team games this season so I can't understand the expression "non selection". We have a squad of players that GM is using to best effect in order to reach the highest position in the league followed by the play-offs. If younger players are over-used, especially in the forwards, then the chances of mid-season burn-out would increase and this wouldn't benefit the team at all. If there was a case of a match that was lost but might have been won by the inclusion of a certain player then I could understand this grumbling but there hasn't has there?

The success of the team is paramount and each player has his part to play in that.

How old is Faz (not in his profile) ?  - I assume that as he was released by giants after featuring in their under twenties he is over 20. With all due respect to you and coolie BSJ, I think this perception that players in their early twenties need wet nursing is absolute tosh. Am I the only one who considers them to be men, and not boys ? I give you four names (there are undoubtedly many more) for consideration. An altogether different Farrell made his first team debut at 16, and was an international by 18. Sam Burgess made his debut at 17 and was an international by 19. James graham was a SL first teamer at 18. Kevin Sinfield made his debut at 16, and was a regular before 18yrs old. I doubt any of the above spent much time as bucket men once it was established they were good enough. As far as I'm concerned, playing every week keeps your match fitness levels up far better than being rested every other week- unless you are built like Bambi. Faz has proved he can take on decent SL defences, so let's make the best of him now before he heads back to SL.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

He's just 20 GOR and isn't a full-time pro, unlike those others that you mention.

If fans prefer to enjoy his exploits every single week for the next few seasons then see him missing more and more frequently with injuries then so be it. Fortunately you aren't picking the team. :tongue:

GM has a good squad to keep happy, most of whom have a decent shout for inclusion so, to me in any case, squad rotation makes sense. What we do need is our best players, including Farrell, to be fit and well at the back end of the season too. Despite the thread topic I certainly don't envisage Conroy becoming a regular ahead of Farrell.

I would certainly like to see Faz feature more than he does but trust the coach to handle him to get the best out him and the team. I know that he is turning heads in the wider game, in fact the Fev Chairman voiced his admiration of him when we spoke a while back. I'm sure his performance against Warrington also raised his stock. Still not convinced about his natural position, perhaps he will develop into loose forward,though do like him at 9 too.

Archived