6-7 Jun: Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 6th JUNE
University of Gloucestershire All Golds v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

SUNDAY 7th JUNE
Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
London Skolars v Coventry Bears KO 3pm
Oldham v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
Oxford v South Wales Scorpions KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm at Big Fellas Stadium, Featherstone

Looking forward to Sunday's match against Coventry (shame though Broncos are at home too - will hit attendance at both unfortunately). Skolars have been making slow but steady progress and performed well against Cru last week so I am going for a home win. Otherwise:

Rochdale, Oxford, Barriw and Hemel to win

Swinton v Newcastle should be interesting - Swinton to win (just)

I think Cru might just sneak a win as well

Looking forward to Sunday's match against Coventry (shame though Broncos are at home too - will hit attendance at both unfortunately). Skolars have been making slow but steady progress and performed well against Cru last week so I am going for a home win. Otherwise:

Your predictions, if correct, will make the league very interesting indeed.

Skolars played extremely well last week and could beat Coventry with a similar performance

I'll guess wins for Hornets, Thunder, Oxford, Skolars and Cougars... and obviously Crusaders!!

SATURDAY 6th JUNE
University of Gloucestershire All Golds v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

SUNDAY 7th JUNE
Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
London Skolars v Coventry Bears KO 3pm
Oldham v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
Oxford v South Wales Scorpions KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm at Big Fellas Stadium, Featherstone

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Given that we have never beaten Hemel, even in friendlies, we will need to be a hell of a lot better than we were at Oxford to get anywhere close...

We got a good bunch of lads, just need some nous and consistency.

Shall see you there.Things seemingly looking up at New River.

Should hopefully sneak a win. 

think All Golds

Barrow 

London 

North Wales

Oxford 

Swinton

Rochdale 

will be a real work out at Oldham for Crusaders will be a cracking game good luck Cru

SEE U ALL AT WHITEBANK

Barrow, London, North Wales, Oxford, Swinton & Rochdale all to win

No chance are we ever going to beat one of the heartlands teams while we're in the mess we are. Just hope we can keep it a close game v Rochdale

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

I'll discipline by one player cost Barrow the win today after already spending 10 mins in the bin he goes and gets himself sent off, IMO the coach should take equal responsibility as he should have took him out of the game, Att 1125

One of the worst performances I've seen over the years.

At Skolars Even allowing for this years home performances.The second quarter was abysmal. Tackling appeared optional as did line breaking. It seems incredible they were so competitive at Cru last week.

That said you have to congratulate Coventry on their play

How tight is this league?! Any one of us could win it but also anyone could miss out on the play-offs altogether.

Could cause some controversy over the fixture system. We don't all play each other twice which I never like but it's only just come to my attention how uneven it has made things. York for example only have to play Keighley, Oldham, Rochdale and Barrow once. Four really tough games dodged. Our single match opponents? Scorpions, Coventry, Oxford and Hemel. If it comes to points difference having one match against Scorpions who ship an average of over 60 points against the top teams is a disadvantage.

Anyway that little moan aside I'm really enjoying this league. Probably more than I would be if we'd stayed up last season and be getting thrashed by professional sides. Some cracking matches and very evenly matched teams.

Fantastic win at Oldham for Crusaders, after a slow start they took control of most of the game scoring some great tries . good support again from traveling Crusaders fans, and as always a good welcome from Oldham rugby league club and there fans . Nice to watch a game at Whitebank in sunshine for a change. should be a belter next week at the Rock when we play Rochdale . good luck to Oldham for rest of the season

Well, I probably had the strangest experience of game day - sitting on top of the Waterloo memorial in Waterloo, Belgium with a glass of champagne waiting for scores to be texted in by Number 7!!! I did get some odd looks letting out a cheer when the full time whistle sounded!

Archived