Logan Tomkins

bluewhite10

Positive is that he may be better now but lucock can't be blocked by another wiganer.However we are getting the p### took out of us by Wigan, he got recalled last week because this deal and koucash loan fee dictated so. It's gone too far. Anyone says any different and you're blind to what's going on.

Seems we're an irrelevance to Wigan.

The mood of the forum though seems almost unanimous for once - Lets give it a real shot and come out fighting!

Get tierney on loan and bin dr. It's a joke, as you all know I'm one who's defended it against anonymouse and town123 until I'm blue in the face, but Wigan have made us all look idiots now. Get Alex back, Sammut and Jp and if we go down with that then we've simply not been good enough, but we know them lads will run there blood to water for us.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

What did i say last week,get shot of the lot of them and if we go out of the league,at least go out with a cumbrian side and not 5 bloody wiganers.I accept possibly tierney on loan would be acceptable,but i would rather have carter,lucock, and the rest of non playing players back into the team,WANE said he did not like to leave tomkins out of his squad of 19 but then he sends him to salford again,He doe's not give a toss about workington town,all he is bothered about is getting his lads a game especially the younger kids anywhere he can to keep them from knocking on his door and i am wondering if that was that the reason tomkins was withdrawn last week,i was all for having wigan lads on DR but that soon went flat when all we were receiving were U19 players.I think the time is now right to ditch them all,go back to playing OUR own players, and then i think, OR know, the feel good factor will come back.I would love to see sammut in towns colours and possibly two big props has well has has someone stated previously we have no go forward,phil likes to play the wigan way,well thats ok,but when you have not got the right personnel to carry out that object, it falls flat when it gets to jack murphy,lets play some good old fashioned rugby league with a good pack,charlo done it although at times it got a bit boring but we were still winning games.

Get tierney on loan and bin dr. It's a joke, as you all know I'm one who's defended it against anonymouse and town123 until I'm blue in the face, but Wigan have made us all look idiots now. Get Alex back, Sammut and Jp and if we go down with that then we've simply not been good enough, but we know them lads will run there blood to water for us.

agreed wonky and when you look at the table as it stands it looks like us, haven or hunslet who will most likely join donny and you have to say the other two are doing far better from the DR/loans option.

Interesting snippet in the star ...

When asked about PV attitude comments Coward said " I think players may be playing within themselves because they don't want to make any mistakes ...the last thing players want is to make errors ... And get some stick for making errors "

Is that's what's known as a comeback ?

I get what he's saying in terms of trying things , but we are still making errors not trying things , so at least it's more acceptable making mistakes if you're trying something and playing some rugby and out of the box stuff.

Either way it does appear all is not harmonious and something is not right this term ?

I was on the border line on DR but this latest episode has definitely swung me in to the no DR's camp.    My question would be though what have we as a club done about it?     Have we made our feelings known to Wane and Radlinski or are we just sitting back letting them walk all over us?    When we have wanted forwards we get backs and vice versa and it makes you think what input PV has in to who they send?

Having said that the DR system was intended for young inexperienced players to gain experience for their development when it was brought in.   That went by the board from the very first week when Swinton played Wood, Mendeika and McCarthy against Town and others followed and that is when the RFL should have done something about it.   From that point it became a system to give experienced players game time when returning from injury, etc.

Like many well intentioned things in our game they are all right until someone has to push the boundary a bit further until it is removed altogether.    If the system isn't going to be for the purpose as laid down in the RFL's Operational Rules guidelines then it needs scrapping soonest.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

The only solution is to have a deep and strong squad of your own and be independent . As teams have since time immemorial . Other teams have gone that way , whereas we have chosen ( again ) to build DR into our squad system . Even the numbers we have seem not to have the trust of PV in terms of maintaining our quality so he looks to DR for that and giving pressure on the shirt .It's a big risk when your fate to a degree is in the hands of other people , for whom your interest is nowhere near their top priority . If we had this new blood that PV had faith in then we wouldn't need these DR players to anything like the same degree . Wigan mess us about , of course they do as they look after themselves , but they only exacerbate a problem we made for ourselves

You are then back into the reserve side conundrum (if clubs go away from DR) by having a deeper squad and most clubs are now saying they can't afford it

I don't know what they're gonna do , but as it stands DR has little life left in it . I thought they were gonna modify it last year but it never happened. No doubt come this autumn and winter there'll be more meetings... Maybe stronger rather than deeper is more the issue squad wise . Who knows , adding financial and geographical to keeping players happy , all in all there's no easy out . Phil is looking to this avenue to win short term and I back him on that ,but what repercussions there are who knows , and beyond that we need our own solutions . And if it wasn't there so would everyone

this is where people have misunderstood most of my posts , i am not against dr at all as a concept but i could see over the past 12 months its growing abuse of the system in the way that Keith T has in my opinion correctly pointed out .

I think we meet in the middle Anonymouse . I'm not all for it as a concept . I like having these players we'd never otherwise get , and I see where PV is coming from , but beyond the quality issue is all those other abuses and behind the scenes confusions that never get explained

this is where people have misunderstood most of my posts , i am not against dr at all as a concept but i could see over the past 12 months its growing abuse of the system in the way that Keith T has in my opinion correctly pointed out .

when your getting the likes of manfredi and even last year with Burke, tierney, Murphy and Farrell then it's hard to argue against it, but the likes of shorrocks,Lloyd etc if we really wanted to we could probably get on loans regardless of partnerships. And if it's true and we can't bring in loans because of these players then it makes even more of a moccary of the whole situation. We all want what's best for our club, wether we agree with each other or not but now the best thing for us is certainly not dual reg.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

The loan situation is one of those issues people wonder about . If you had three or four loanies then you're getting consistency and you're reliance on DR is lessened . Other teams go that way , but as you say , who knows

And they have a closer relationship with Leeds than we have with Wigan .

yes between us the hawks and haven we are getting the worst deal and as I said earlier that is the 3 teams most likely to join donny for the drop as it stands. Starting to get the feeling it's now or never for us to add to the squad. (If we can)

when your getting the likes of manfredi and even last year with Burke, tierney, Murphy and Farrell then it's hard to argue against it, but the likes of shorrocks,Lloyd etc if we really wanted to we could probably get on loans regardless of partnerships. And if it's true and we can't bring in loans because of these players then it makes even more of a moccary of the whole situation. We all want what's best for our club, wether we agree with each other or not but now the best thing for us is certainly not dual reg.

the big difference last year was A) consistency in selection - you knew you was getting Burke,Murphy and Farrell most weeks and then Hulme came half way through. B.  because of the consistency they had time to gel in defence and accepted as part of the squad

whereas it seems this year its been in and out and in key positions as well. I said last year that the best thing to do is take 3/4 players on year long loans 

It's a necessary evil IMO. If our recruitment had gone as planned and we were playing out of our skin sitting in the top half of the table, once Wane/Radlinski broke promises for the second season in a row we could have just told them where to go. But with most of the squad underperforming Phil obviously feels he needs to use them no matter how badly they treat us as survival is the no1 priority. So it is what it is, we just have to live with it and see where we go with it and make the best of a bad job.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived