Looks like same old, same old

Chairman LMAO

I think Rowe was outstanding saw he got injured and hope it's not long. I thought Lee mitchell and Sam Scott was also good. Backs again struggle we need something . I have heard dewsbury and another club are keen for Rowe we need to keep him and James Brown.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In principle I would agree Andy.

But why on earth would any of our better players want to consider signing on the dotted line for next year. Even without the potential trips to Oxford and Hemel which are looking more likely by the week unless things improve dramatically, where's the enjoyment in playing for Batley right now. There doesn't seem to much looking at the players body language. We have no attacking tactics, one half back, hardcore fans who are subsequently losing interest, a coach whose tactics don't evolve despite repeated failings and who doesn't feel we need squad additions despite playing a hooker and second row at scrum half in recent weeks, and a discernible lack of leadership on the paddock.

Unless of course we can offer them a wad of money, which we can't.

So what exactly do we have to offer and bargain with.....

I wouldn't blame players like Brown and Rowe for holding out and waiting to see if better clubs with higher aims and objectives make them an offer for next year, as sad as it feels to say it.

i think the whole talk of relegation is probably a bit OTT, I think you have some very winnable games in comparison to the two cumbria clubs and hunslet. Big game for you up at whitehaven a real four pointer, and with Donny and hunslet at home I think you will be ok.

I think donny are gone and another place between hunslet, Haven and Worky

" I have heard dewsbury and another club are keen for Rowe we need to keep him and James Brown."

We have been the feeder club for Fax and Fev over the past few years, now you can add Rams to the list.  Like it or not we are going to be in their shadow from now on.

i think the whole talk of relegation is probably a bit OTT, I think you have some very winnable games in comparison to the two cumbria clubs and hunslet. Big game for you up at whitehaven a real four pointer, and with Donny and hunslet at home I think you will be ok.

disagree there,havens remaining home games

hunslet

batley

workington

Dewsbury

away

eagles

Donny

London

fev.

I'd say looking at fixtures out of the bottom 5 haven have a kinder run in than most,but that said those games still have to be won .Think batley could turn London over ,mid week trip to the mount having played 3 days earlier could play into batleys hands

Cant really say anything that hasnt already been said.

When talking to one of our players last night it would seem they are as fed up of the coach and his tactics as we are as fans.

If you keep doing what you've always done you'll get what you've always got.

Until Kear goes we will continue to struggle, but its falling on deaf ears so as fans theres not much more we can do - people are voting with their feet and crowds will continue to dwindle, to be honest im questioning whether ill be going to the next couple of games.

Unfortunately we seem to be at a point where fans want change but the club wont make the change, and the club is slowly dying as a result.

Its a sad state of affairs when nearly everyone in our group of fans had money on Sheffield to win at a -12 handicap, that shows just how far we have slipped, and to be fair it was an absolute gift of a bet and never in doubt.

When all is said and done, rugby league is an entertainment industry and we are customers, and we are getting royally short changed at the moment.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Well said BTJ couldn't agree more the club is on a life support machine right now

with no chance of any change.When we lose our next 2 home games that will be

one home win out of 9 so much for making the mount a fortress.We have a

chairman who is blinded by his own optimism and a pathetic excuse for a coach.

Lets see if he still thinks optimistically when we're financially ruined in division 1

next season.

When you support a team the size of Batley your always going to experience peaks and troughs and we have been fortunate to have had relative success over the past decade so any downturn in fortunes is going to feel a lot worse. I'm sure some of you older folk have seen far worse than this as frustrating as it is to watch. I'm just glad that we've been treated to some decent spectacles over the past few years and not suffered the same fate as teams such as Oldham. As long as there is a team to support that is the main thing and the people of this club do seem to rally round and get together when our backs against the wall so if we did somehow go down i'd like to think we have the ability to come back stronger. Fair play to everyone at the club over the past few years for raising expectations but we need to stick with them now more than ever.

disagree there,havens remaining home games

hunslet

batley

workington

Dewsbury

away

eagles

Donny

London

fev.

I'd say looking at fixtures out of the bottom 5 haven have a kinder run in than most,but that said those games still have to be won .Think batley could turn London over ,mid week trip to the mount having played 3 days earlier could play into batleys hands

Looking at that with all due respect you could get nothing from the away games, dews bury at home will be tough, four pointers against batley and worky, and hunslet will be loaded with Leeds players. Certainly no walk in the park

To be honest, Tom, I know one or two die-hards who hardly ever go nowadays and, to be honest, I'm finding difficulty summoning up much enthusiasm these days ... a supporter for 33 years and a 'worker' at the club for 8.  God, if people like me are disillusioned (and I'm guessing quite a few others with a similar record), you do start to wonder where we will end up as a club if things don't change and change quickly.

i like u am a die hard supporter of 40yrs and i am a retired gentlemen of 60ish yr old, & now i am considering retireing from what my beloved batley, unfortunetly there is not one thing to cheer about when i sit up there with my family, i love my rugby league as do my family but it has got to the stage were its embarassing,i buy 4 season tickets every year for me and my family and will not be doing it nxt year, its a hell of alot of money for something you are not enjoying watching, i just wish we had the gallent youth and local spirit back, but im afraid under mr Kear that will not ever happen again.

i like u am a die hard supporter of 40yrs and i am a retired gentlemen of 60ish yr old, & now i am considering retireing from what my beloved batley, unfortunetly there is not one thing to cheer about when i sit up there with my family, i love my rugby league as do my family but it has got to the stage were its embarassing,i buy 4 season tickets every year for me and my family and will not be doing it nxt year, its a hell of alot of money for something you are not enjoying watching, i just wish we had the gallent youth and local spirit back, but im afraid under mr Kear that will not ever happen again.

I love how Kear is being blamed for all the club's ills. When will people realise that yes - he's not entirely blameless, but he can only work with what he's being given.

The focus needs to be firmly upon those in charge of the club who have allowed this malaise to set in over a number of years. Forget Kear, take off your rose-tinted spectacles and acknowledge that we can't expect success without remedying the underpinning issues of lack of investment, ambition and business sense.

Kear's coaching and gameplan worked miracles in 2013 and got us to a Grand Final. Why? Because we had excellent players like Ben Black, Gareth Moore, George Flanagan and Miles Greenwood forming the spine of the team. As it stands, we currently only have about 4-5 players who are actually good enough at this level, and are signing reserves from Hunslet and students to plug gaps. Why? Do you think Kear is happy with having to scrat around at the bottom of the pond for dregs, or would he prefer to be building a team around the likes of Kain, Sammut or Cooke??

Seriously, the number of quality players who (I'm reliably informed) have been either offered to us or been in talks with us at various stages of the last two years - but not ended up actually signing, is ridiculous.

r02c.gif

We never win at Whitehaven remember last season and the diabolical second half showing when a win was vital. Watching us at the present time have to admit we have more chance of a away win though. Our home form leaves plenty to be desired and after the next two games at the mount London and Leigh we are looking at a 1 win 9 losses record. good job the slope favours us or we would be in trouble

I love how Kear is being blamed for all the club's ills. When will people realise that yes - he's not entirely blameless, but he can only work with what he's being given.

The focus needs to be firmly upon those in charge of the club who have allowed this malaise to set in over a number of years. Forget Kear, take off your rose-tinted spectacles and acknowledge that we can't expect success without remedying the underpinning issues of lack of investment, ambition and business sense.

Kear's coaching and gameplan worked miracles in 2013 and got us to a Grand Final. Why? Because we had excellent players like Ben Black, Gareth Moore, George Flanagan and Miles Greenwood forming the spine of the team. As it stands, we currently only have about 4-5 players who are actually good enough at this level, and are signing reserves from Hunslet and students to plug gaps. Why? Do you think Kear is happy with having to scrat around at the bottom of the pond for dregs, or would he prefer to be building a team around the likes of Kain, Sammut or Cooke??

Seriously, the number of quality players who (I'm reliably informed) have been either offered to us or been in talks with us at various stages of the last two years - but not ended up actually signing, is ridiculous.

Yippedy friggingdo, at last someone else with the balls to realise what the real issues are

Yippedy friggingdo, at last someone else with the balls to realise what the real issues are

There are a number of fans who've known what the 'real issues' are for a long time, Gary.

Unfortunately, their concerns have been drowned out by the yelping of sycophantic performing seals as they're thrown fish from a bucket.

r02c.gif

Looking at that with all due respect you could get nothing from the away games, dews bury at home will be tough, four pointers against batley and worky, and hunslet will be loaded with Leeds players. Certainly no walk in the park[/quote

like I said they still have to be won,but I'd rather have those fixtures especially at home where you expect to pick up points ,than those of other teams,town have Leigh,Bradford, Fev and London left at hom which is looking very tough

There are a number of fans who've known what the 'real issues' are for a long time, Gary.

Unfortunately, their concerns have been drowned out by the yelping of sycophantic performing seals as they're thrown fish from a bucket.

trouble is Tom if you dare to speak the truth that's when the seals band together to try put you down or deflect from the real issues

Looking at that with all due respect you could get nothing from the away games, dews bury at home will be tough, four pointers against batley and worky, and hunslet will be loaded with Leeds players. Certainly no walk in the park[/quote

like I said they still have to be won,but I'd rather have those fixtures especially at home where you expect to pick up points ,than those of other teams,town have Leigh,Bradford, Fev and London left at hom which is looking very tough

H4E, as you well know it isn't the bottom two clubs after 23 games that are relegated as there are another 7 games each after that point.   Also after the 23 games several clubs could be losing DR and loan players back to their SL clubs because if they play just 1 game for another club after the 23 they cannot then be recalled to their SL club.   Haven should be losing their French "trialists" on 18th June (that's their 28 day period over) unless they are both offered contracts by Haven.    All this could and probably will change certain games in those last 7 so who knows what will happen?     

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Kear doesn't work with what he's been given, he works with what he asked for. Also he's not working with others sny better because he's of the opinion that he doeen't need anybody. Kev Nich isn't going to go out on his own and bring back a sack of players when he thinks that Kear thinks we don't need them is he?

H4E, as you well know it isn't the bottom two clubs after 23 games that are relegated as there are another 7 games each after that point. Also after the 23 games several clubs could be losing DR and loan players back to their SL clubs because if they play just 1 game for another club after the 23 they cannot then be recalled to their SL club. Haven should be losing their French "trialists" on 18th June (that's their 28 day period over) unless they are both offered contracts by Haven. All this could and probably will change certain games in those last 7 so who knows what will happen?

all very true Keith but as you know the higher you finish the more the super 8 fixtures favour you in home v away games .

all very true Keith but as you know the higher you finish the more the super 8 fixtures favour you in home v away games .

That all depends on where everyone else finishes.    Doncaster for instance look like finishing 12th at the moment but they could be quite a different proposition in the 7 games under a new coach, etc.   5th to 8th get the advantage of 4 home games  and 3 away whilst the others get 3 at home and 4 away but it depends who those teams are.

For instance the 10th placed team would play 7th, 11th & 12th at home and 5th, 6th, 8th & 9th away

while the 11th placed team play 5th, 8th and 12th and 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th away.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

you take off your rose tinted glasses & remember that was 2013, this is 2015 & weve been declining since,& sources that i know who played for batley in 2013 & 2014 that didnt re sign was not coz of money but because of kear, in other words if your face didnt fit so to speak.

you take off your rose tinted glasses & remember that was 2013, this is 2015 & weve been declining since,& sources that i know who played for batley in 2013 & 2014 that didnt re sign was not coz of money but because of kear, in other words if your face didnt fit so to speak.

Of course, the ridiculous exodus at the end of 2013 was nothing to do with players being offered less money for 2014, was it? I'm afraid the facts are that Kear's coaching and tactics worked a treat in 2013, and even last season - despite having to completely rebuild the starting XIII, we finished well inside the top half of the table. In any other season (i.e. one which didn't result in half an entire league being relegated) finishing 8th would have been a relative success.

On the whole, we've declined since 2013 due to the fact that other clubs have begun to show an ambition and drive (both on and off the field) which is far, far greater than our own. How exactly did we choose to build on a groundbreaking success in 2013? By letting almost an entire squad leave and not putting season tickets on sale until mid-December.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Kear's tactics have sometimes been a little baffling this season. He's not entirely blameless. However, the fact that some fans refuse to look past his failings and consider the wider issues is the main reason why, as a club, we're on a fast-track to the knackers yard.

r02c.gif

Of course, the ridiculous exodus at the end of 2013 was nothing to do with players being offered less money for 2014, was it? I'm afraid the facts are that Kear's coaching and tactics worked a treat in 2013, and even last season - despite having to completely rebuild the starting XIII, we finished well inside the top half of the table. In any other season (i.e. one which didn't result in half an entire league being relegated) finishing 8th would have been a relative success.

On the whole, we've declined since 2013 due to the fact that other clubs have begun to show an ambition and drive (both on and off the field) which is far, far greater than our own. How exactly did we choose to build on a groundbreaking success in 2013? By letting almost an entire squad leave and not putting season tickets on sale until mid-December.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Kear's tactics have sometimes been a little baffling this season. He's not entirely blameless. However, the fact that some fans refuse to look past his failings and consider the wider issues is the main reason why, as a club, we're on a fast-track to the knackers yard.

top post , hit the nail on the head that other clubs have gambled and offered players more cash than we have to get the signings they want and mass exodus in 2013 was due to pound notes nothing else and thats come from one of the former players  and if that wasn't the case how come Keegan has come back to same coach he left. if it was down to players leaving due to the coach, you are going to get one or two that don't see eye to eye and leave but that happens all over in any job.

No defence for JK but massive IF we hadn't had all the injuries that we have had to key players would we be in this position rather than in top 6  and would the same tactics have been used.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

The bottom line is that there is one owner of Batley Bulldogs, and if he chooses to proceed down this route, the concerns of which were widely documented last season, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I do find it hard to understand why he chooses not to proactively bring on board additional expertise, funding, and support to the board of directors, as this strategy is the only one that will rescue us long term, and ensure a competitive Championship rugby league club for some years to come.

The game of rugby league is developing at some speed, and unfortunately if we do not evolve, we will share the fate of the dinosaurs of the past

Archived