Bulls reaction

town4me

I couldn't make today's game but listened to it on Bradford community radio and they were absolutely raving about Callum Phillips and also very impressed with Karl Olstrom's aggression. When Bradford scored those 4 quick tries to kill the game they were saying how it was cruel on Town and that the score didn't reflect how hard we had made it for Bradford.

final scoreline was a little misleading. Anyone seen T123?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do they compare to Fev guys ? we have to play them at Odsal in our game in hand and they don't seem to be ticking without Gaskell ??

hard to tell as town were a million times better today than they were against fev. Nothing much to fear from them although at home I think they will have too much.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I couldn't make today's game but listened to it on Bradford community radio and they were absolutely raving about Callum Phillips and also very impressed with Karl Olstrom's aggression. When Bradford scored those 4 quick tries to kill the game they were saying how it was cruel on Town and that the score didn't reflect how hard we had made it for Bradford.

Callum coming on along with the aggression of Scholey turned the game.

No coincidence that when they went off the game swung back again. I wish some of the bigger forwards ran as hard as Scholey, and Olstrom was excellent.

Well the lads gave us everything I was asking for and more today.     Even at 16 - nil I was content because two of their tries came from poor one on one marking not from any team fault.    We fought back great and had them worried when we got back to 16 - 10 just before half-time and it was them that wanted that half-time hooter.

We matched them man for man again in the second half until the extra fitness of full-time players kicked in.   Olstrum, Scholey and Walker were immense and any one of them could have got the MotM.   It looked to me as if we have picked up quite a few injuries with Matty probably being the worst with his shoulder.   Callum went off with concussion so that will mean a compulsory sit out for him.    Jason Mossop apart from a cut head was also limping quite bad at one stage and Scholey also was holding his shoulder.

I think some of the Bulls fans could do with thinking back a couple of years when they were asking clubs like us to support them with contributions in buckets to keep them afloat and be a little less arrogant.    And that bloody drum needed someone to put a boot through it!!!!   How did they get away with having it when our lads were stopped from having a drum a couple of seasons ago????

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Drums should be banned at rugby matches . End of . This is where our squad strength has been tested before ... Later in the season when injuries bite . This could be the big concern for us that must be put into calculations

Matty out with a dislocated shoulder :( , but hopefully some good news about more signings coming our way, one that our friends might not like !! played with a lot more pride and effort today, £1million against £150k, full- timers against part-timers, am proud off the lads today, Karl man of the match for me, big plays from Elliott, Sam P, and Mr Scholey well played lad, if we can play with that heart and determination well that's all us fans can ask for.

thought our bench players were terrific today , when they were all on together it looked like a totally different team . karl worthy man of the match , but scholey was superb .how many one on one tackles did jack make today , saved us half a dozen times , jason kept his opposite number quiet too .  all in all well done to every one....next week without stack , brett , matty and callum will be a struggle but a performance like todays will do for me .............and finally someone had to say it (although some will disagree ) i thought gareth hewer was the best ref i have seen at the ground this season , apart from letting both teams stand offside at times , he gave us lots of decisions no other ref has given us this year  .

Callum coming on along with the aggression of Scholey turned the game.

No coincidence that when they went off the game swung back again. I wish some of the bigger forwards ran as hard as Scholey, and Olstrom was excellent.

Absolutely, Scholey adds pace at the ruck coupled with good agression, Shackley and young Tom also went well, but afraid Chris Coward needs to step up his game if he wants to compete at this level

Yes, I don't think anyone could complain about Garetth Hewer today as he was equally fair with both teams.

Young Liam McAvoy was out on his feet for the last 20 minutes and it was pretty obvious he was struggling but maybe we had no more subs that we could use to give him a break.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I've said it before , I think hewer is up there with leatherbarra as the best around at this level . Very strong show from Farrell , linking well with Sam Powell and boy is he teak tough ... We need him with the holes in our fringe forward dept now . Fingers crossed for him and Powell . Hopefully Lewis is not lost to us as well , and up front we can find reinforcements to help out these lads and sammut . Good to see big Sidlow back ... If only !

Gareth has been the best ref in the league for the last couple of seasons, it's just some fans have blinkers on because of his haven ties. Liam mc seems out on his feet after about 10 minutes, he was last back on every kick last week. Needs to up his fitness to match the likes of stack and Karl.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

sounds like the game was same as when we had them up here they made a good lead we came bk then they took off with it late on be interesting to see if they do go back up would need a lot of new players same with leigh aswell gaskell was the difference when we played them give him a gap and he,s off anyhow batley where poor today be them or hunslet who go down with donny we,ll both be safe

hope you are right donald , but batley and hunslet both have donny to play , and batley also play hunslet as well , alot will depend on that game......a win for hunslet will see them safe......a win for batley and we could be 3 points behind batley come the last 7 games..........town have to win at either hunslet or haven to keep in touch......haven will finish a comfortable 8th .

Archived