Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 24 London 12

coolie

At the beginning of season mark sawyer said we'd budgeted for gates of 1300 average.. With still the batley home game to come.. A 2,000 gate would take the average to 1492.. Almost 200 fans extra per home game for what the club had budgeted for

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League game average is 1441.

We'll be lucky to get that for the Batley game in my opinion - school holidays, declining interest amongst floating fans at this time of year, blazing sunshine (??).

You could well be right BSJ were missing the Batley game to the those peski holidays. 

Would certainly agree that the atmosphere in the second half was rocking

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Would be interesting to see the attendance' s home & away over the past 3 years

Since batley's slump ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if we've failed to.get a gate of 2000+ on a few occasions

In the league last year (ave: 1044) we only had one 2000+ gate and that was against Fev at the start of the season. Attendances always seem to be higher earlier in the season, whilst the initial hope and enthusiasm still burns in all fans (and also when it coincides with Easter holidays), so there were 1999 at home to Batley in April compared with 1160 at their place in August.

In 2013 (ave 892) we didn't get anywhere near 2000 for any league game. Batley at home in April drew 1364 and away in June only 1074. We lost both of these games.

In 2012 (ave 1114) at their place there were 1353 in April and at ours 1705 in August. Once again we lost both games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The Bulldogs average attendance this season is 1,010

Is that league or all matches Tom? I'm just quoting league figures.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Is that league or all matches Tom? I'm just quoting league figures.

Are you including the season tickets given out to kids BSJ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I am not aware of what the Bulldogs policy is of what they declare as their official attendance figures. Whether this includes free giveaways to juniors or corporate. The information I supplied previously is taken from the Clubs website.

I am not aware of what the Bulldogs policy is of what they declare as their official attendance figures. Whether this includes free giveaways to juniors or corporate. The information I supplied previously is taken from the Clubs website.

You're a man in the know Tom, which is it? Are they inflated by freebies or souls through the gate, and I'm not aving a go I don't know how Batley or any other club do it. I am only drawing on what Club England does as I think they add people who aren't actually there on the numbers.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

At the beginning of season mark sawyer said we'd budgeted for gates of 1300 average.. With still the batley home game to come.. A 2,000 gate would take the average to 1492.. Almost 200 fans extra per home game for what the club had budgeted for

As bsj pointed out I can't see us getting 2000 for doggies game. Next few weeks are when the demon summer rugby really takes its toll. 1500 would be excellent but hope I'm wrong!

I take it only bradford Leigh fev and Halifax have an higher average? So we are the 5th best supported club in the championship

We aren't really though are we? We are just lucky enough to be close to Bradford and to have played them on a nice sunny day!

Published attendance figures PM. No need for pejorative remarks, thank you.

We aren't really though are we? We are just lucky enough to be close to Bradford and to have played them on a nice sunny day!

In my opinion, having looked at such numbers over many years, anyone who attempts to analyse attendance figures for the club and reach a definitive conclusion will simply be wrong. There is no true pattern and there are a host of variables every single season.

In my opinion, having looked at such numbers over many years, anyone who attempts to analyse attendance figures for the club and reach a definitive conclusion will simply be wrong. There is no true pattern and there are a host of variables every single season.

Indeed they are and guess that was the point of my post BSJ.

However I am  very confident that if we took away fans out of it we would have a gate of 720 every week, falling to 572 once we hit school hols.  The main consolation is that it is much higher than the Cheaters....

Anything beyond this is due to who we are playing..

Indeed they are and guess that was the point of my post BSJ.

However I am  very confident that if we took away fans out of it we would have a gate of 720 every week, falling to 572 once we hit school hols.  The main consolation is that it is much higher than the Cheaters....

Anything beyond this is due to who we are playing..

So how do you explain Sunday's gate Nick? 230 London supporters do you reckon?

There isn't really a science to it - it is easier to forecast the weather.

So how do you explain Sunday's gate Nick? 230 London supporters do you reckon?

There isn't really a science to it - it is easier to forecast the weather.

I counted them as 189 so guess I need to up the Rams support a little.. It was a nice day though and my Kids are back form Uni and have finished their exams....

You can only say that your attendances are going up if your 'core' support has risen.

Our average gates have gone up this season for sure, but with a bit of help from some teams having good away following.

How would you quantify this?

How many Dewsbury fans were at the Bradford Bulls game?

Tom

Gates are better than the mid 80's

But worse than early 2000

We have a bigger core support than batley for sure

And we're a million miles away from cougarmania

Would like to us have 2 seasons of winter rugby just to compare where the game is

And minus the excuses of summer rugby,days out & holidays

I do believe a "thining " of established clubs will take place over time for the game at a lower level to exist

In my lifetime seen teams disappear like

Chorley / Lancashire lynx

Runcorn /Huyton

Scarborough

Nottingham

Mansfield

Bramley

Kent

Cardiff

Bridgend

Championship my have to turn into super league 2

Without the funding super league gets

But yet still expected to compete

A trimming of the fat will come eventually

Whether we like it or not

Gates are better than the mid 80's

But worse than early 2000

We have a bigger core support than batley for sure

And we're a million miles away from cougarmania

Would like to us have 2 seasons of winter rugby just to compare where the game is

And minus the excuses of summer rugby,days out & holidays

I do believe a "thining " of established clubs will take place over time for the game at a lower level to exist

In my lifetime seen teams disappear like

Chorley / Lancashire lynx

Runcorn /Huyton

Scarborough

Nottingham

Mansfield

Bramley

Kent

Cardiff

Bridgend

Championship my have to turn into super league 2

Without the funding super league gets

But yet still expected to compete

A trimming of the fat will come eventually

Whether we like it or not

Why?

Archived