what's the big secret

DEANO

I think the sport in general is on a downward spiral outside superleague. The crowds compared with 10 maybe 15 yes ago is shocking.In the time when they no promotion or relegation I think people got fed up.What's the point in supporting a club when you know they could only get so far due to not having fancy ground and bags of cash.Its about what happens on the pitch.And they called rugby union elitist(just my opinion).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the sport in general is on a downward spiral outside superleague. The crowds compared with 10 maybe 15 yes ago is shocking.In the time when they no promotion or relegation I think people got fed up.What's the point in supporting a club when you know they could only get so far due to not having fancy ground and bags of cash.Its about what happens on the pitch.And they called rugby union elitist(just my opinion).

But when you know you can have a fancy ground and bags of cash, playing at an amateur ground and having no money is quite galling.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Spot on

Pretty much why I stopped watching lower division rugby league. It became completely pointless. As MR says, glance at the attendance stats and thousands of others clearly thought so, too. The sport will never get those fans back.

At least your "boss" has given us 9 days notice for the venue of the game next weekend, BUT been in all our diaries as a Sunday for months and plans have been made for a Saturday off for families and the like. When is game? Saturday at 6pm! Another late journey home, all three of our longest games have been Saturday evenings. The most ironic thing is that our Match Day Manager is a life long York fan from the city, and can not now make the game.  The sooner you guys can get your club back the better for everyone in rugby league. Will see some of you next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived