Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest happybunny

Irlam Hornets

Guest happybunny

Are there any members of Irlam Hornets ARLFC from 1980-85 on here who are willing to speak? I played for the Hornets (Under Jed, Dave Potts, and Nick ???) before moving down to London, and Playing for Ealing (Brent-Ealing) from 1989-94 under Mick McCombe who had a brother called George, any links?

if you can remember names then may be worth mentioning them...

I assume there was a Connor or two playing then? - maybe John Blackburn?

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

Ive got loads of Irlam Hornets match programmes from that period and I know most of the players. I researched the statistical history of the club but once I completed it I handed it on to then secretary Phil Bethel. I was on the committee myself from about 1990 to 1995. Hornets merged with Eccles at the start of this season and they are now Salford City Roosters. John Blackburn played for them in the very early days and so did Graham and John Connor. Who are you looking for in particular?