Clubs recruiting more from French local league - Who's the next crop to step up?

So this season has seen an upturn in English teams signing players from the French Elite league, a great thing for the sport in France. Boudebza, Nzoungou, Springer some of several players to make the step up.

So who's the next crop of players from the Elite league who has the potential to step up and make an impact at SL level?

I've heard good things about Bouzinac, Minga any TO looks like a future SL player for sure......anyone else?

Really can't win away, yet France and French players rammed down everyone's throats. Not all that, sorry.

No one thinks they're all that but God forbid anyone be a little over enthusiastic about one of of the few bright spots in the endless coal pit of despair that is RL expansion.

Presumably they think they'll want them in future, but that they aren't up to first grade standard yet. In which case, it's often easier to let teenagers develop in the place they're comfortable and let them deal with the other stuff like language barriers and homesickness a bit later in life? 

No, they've been signed on a loan/trial basis for the U19s until the end of the season. They should be there soon if they're still going.

No one thinks they're all that but God forbid anyone be a little over enthusiastic about one of of the few bright spots in the endless coal pit of despair that is RL expansion.

...well said...heaven forbid get a bit excited over some up and coming talent...

Snapski, do you not think that a strong French national team, giving England a tough game every season, would be a good thing for the game?  To me it's a no-brainer: I'd love to see a competitive three game series every year along the lines of Origin.

Of course we are nowhere near that being a reality, and maybe myself and the other posters on this board are clutching at straws in seeing the recruitment of young French players by English clubs as a step in that direction.  But one thing is certain: Catalans alone cannot possibly develop the number of French players to make their national team competitive.  For this to happen we need both Toulouse in SL and French talent being picked up by English clubs.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Nzounggou has been playing in the Saints U19's but has been training with the 1st team squad (though I suspect this is largely because he is full time and most of the Saints U19's are at college during the day so only train in the evenings)

I suspect he's already shown enough in 1 month for Saints to now offer him a full time contract going forward.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Clement Boyer Toulouse to Halifax

The 21 yr old prop with 50 plus games for Toulouse it has been reported re-signed for the French club but will guest with Halifax until the end of the present Championship season.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

but dragons continue to sign antipodeans, surely they should look to the elite league to recruit rather than the nrl

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived