Kicking game

Terry Mac

We now have a kicking game. Intelligent in-game kicks, variety, pressure relieving and excellent distance from penalties. We now also have someone who's a on-field organiser, talking and directing the team around the pitch. Someone who doesn't just talk the talk but also walks the walk. Full of enthusiasm.

If JARROD SAMMUT wants £90k a year we should pay it. We've needed this player for years, it would be a crying shame if we didn't keep him.

Spot on terry . Yesterday in the second half he took on more of an organising , controlling influence and was really into the guys with instructions and encouragement . And then he would pop up on last tackle with a killer pinning kick ! Worth every penny if it's there !!

it would be a fantastic signing but a 2 yr contract would be £180,000 , town would have to up its crowd by at least 115 full paying supporters a week every week to break even on that figure and then it would leave very limited space and funds to manoeuvre if other signings are needed , it would be a high risk and the big question is would the gamble pay off ? 

We now have a kicking game. Intelligent in-game kicks, variety, pressure relieving and excellent distance from penalties. We now also have someone who's a on-field organiser, talking and directing the team around the pitch. Someone who doesn't just talk the talk but also walks the walk. Full of enthusiasm.

If JARROD SAMMUT wants £90k a year we should pay it. We've needed this player for years, it would be a crying shame if we didn't keep him.

i would love town to secure JS's services as he is a "worth the entrance money alone " player but I doubt a club of our size can afford 90k for one player. Don't want to sound negative just realistic.

Where has this 90k figure came from? Has it ever been officially said or just the usual gossip. Putting him on community programme would be a big start.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I think everyone would love to keep him, fans, board, coach. Being realistic though his displays with us will have caught they eye of other clubs surely, and they can offer more money and a chance to win trophies. If we manage to keep him then it will be a masterstroke but I would think we have less than a 10% chance of it happening.

Where has this 90k figure came from? Has it ever been officially said or just the usual gossip. Putting him on community programme would be a big start.

probably gossip I too think its a rather high figure or maybe it was  90K contract over 2 yrs , 45K a year ?  maybe more realistic 

probably gossip I too think its a rather high figure or maybe it was 90K contract over 2 yrs , 45K a year ? maybe more realistic

even 90k for a club like Wakefield is massive. He was a player who left a relegated club and wouldn't have been wanted by the top 6-8 super league sides so it does sound over the top. As David says yet because he was on that surely 70k would get him up here. Take 20k off which I think you get for the community programme and it looks a lot more attainable.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

The £90k is a figure I heard from someone who should/ would probably know, regardless of that figure the reality is it's out of our league. However to bring a halfback over from Australia (what we were rumoured to be doing earlier this season)with his family and pay for his accommodation is a costly affair, then there's the gamble of how good he is. Maybe we can offer him that money and stretch to a bit more. ( the higher we finish the more we get) the community programme is a good idea if there is room or funding for him. That said were probably gonna be short of what he'd accept. We can live in hope though.

I noticed after we scored our first points yesterday and they put the kick-off directly in to touch.   Whilst others were saying take the two from the halfway line he was calmly walking towards the centre spot giving all the players a calm down signal with his hands.    He then booted the ball in to touch and within a couple of minutes or so we had another try.

I wouldn't know how much it would take to get JS signed on for a couple of years but from what we have seen I'm sure our directors will be doing everything possible to make it happen.    If in the end we can't afford him then so be it and let's just enjoy it while it lasts with him at Town.    Yesterday's crowd showed an increase of over 200 on the corresponding league game with Batley so who knows, if we get the word spread the crowds may keep rising.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

it would be a fantastic signing but a 2 yr contract would be £180,000 , town would have to up its crowd by at least 115 full paying supporters a week every week to break even on that figure and then it would leave very limited space and funds to manoeuvre if other signings are needed , it would be a high risk and the big question is would the gamble pay off ?

These figures would need 52 homes games each year, unfortunately with only around 15 guaranteed we would need around 400 additional fans at each home game. That said any decent stand off would be asking for a decent wage so the real figure is how much more than that to secure the best half back in the league!

If your constantly winning an extra 400 fans a game is easily possible I would say if he got 90k in super league and nobody wanted him I would say he would have no choice but to accept around 60k in the champ a community role would cover 25k so would have to make up 35k lot of dosh but if you want the best you've gotta pay for it

I've heard we are waiting to see how far we get this season and what prize money we win before we offer him a contract but one things sure he's loving it up here,that as David said is a good start..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Nobody will pay him that amount. He's burnt his bridges at so many clubs that his downsides are well known.

You might get him to sign for quite a lot less, just as long as he continues to behave himself.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

J.S is the little fella we have been crying out for ,for years.His kicking game is sublime,his ability to read the game and back up any break is superb,and he can tackle like a demon.Lets hope we give it our best shot to keep him a bit longer. :good: :good: :fan: :fan:

Archived