Sign in to follow this  
MancRL

Marwan Koukash: No timescale on Iestyn Harris decision.

Iestyn has officially left the club. Statement here.

I've posted this here and written it very small in the hope that no-one else sees it and turns it into some fact-free anti Marwan rant.

Hi Red John sorry I am struggling to keep my print small so others may read this. Poor Marwan he has all the money and thinks he can do just what he wants. Guess the next manager needs to join a Union and he might have a bit more clout than poor lestyn had. sorry not to reply sooner but been on hol.

Welcome back eddrudd. You've not missed anything. Theo Fages handed in his notice, had it turned down and is now "on sick leave"; Rangi has been suspended by the club and has since posted on Instagram that he's been on the verge of giving up the game completely...just another week at Salford. Fortunately, Rangi's Instagram hasn't yet been picked up by the main forum's MarwanWatch (I'm taking a risk by mentioning it here). We really don't need another Marwanophobic rant from halfwits on there. The last one included a bit of puerile name calling, which is so gratingly childish, I wonder how the people doing it are able to function out there in the real world.

For all his (apparent) wealth, Marwan's naive approach certainly hasn't paid dividends. To be fair to him, though, it does look like he's been badly advised at times. I don't know who suggested Brian Noble as coach, but many of us were uncertain about his appointment, and the fears we had weren't assuaged when he set about assembling a group of players that looked more like a social worker's caseload than a professional sports squad. The way Nobby was dismissed was appalling, as was the "departure" of Iestyn. This entire period has just highlighted the need for a Director of Rugby. We now have one (at least temporarily) in Tim Sheens, and some of the apparent shenanigans going on at the moment may actually be down to him rather than Marwan (don't tell the main forum that though). It's been bubbling around the terraces for some time now that Tim has been more Domestos than Mr Sheen, and has been deep cleaning the squad rather than polishing it. It's been suggested that he's getting rid of players that he doesn't believe are up to standard, both on the field and in their off-field demeanor. It seems some quite high profile members of the first team squad have been caught in Tim's chlorine soaked cloth and will be leaving at the end of the season. This will, I fear, lead to the inevitable "No-one can work with Koukash" rants on the main forum, but I gather that some of the players going aren't necessarily leaving of their own volition.

As ever, it all remains to be seen. Things may become clearer once SL status is certain (if it becomes certain, of course). It seems there are some fairly major signings already in the bag, just waiting to be announced. The biggest signing would be Tim Sheens staying on or, failing that, having someone in line to take his place. I think the further away Marwan is from the playing and coaching staff, the better things will be.

Hi Red John thanks for the update here,s hoping Marwan gets someone to help him and Salford