BBC manchester

roughyedspud

Chris is on the RL show tonight..

Get tweeting jack dearden your questions..

I wonder what the first question will be?

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Originally Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:04 AM on the Boundary Park thread. These questions remain the ones I would like answering.

The fundamental questions which remain unanswered are.....

What are the current plans for development of Whitebank? What is the development timescale? What are the barriers to development? Which organisations are involved in discussions. What is the proposed cost of development?

We have also asked... If the team is promoted, where will they play while Whitebank is developed? Is the policy that this ground will be inside the boundaries of Oldham borough? Which grounds are under consideration?

I asked those questions at Meeting 1, four months ago. At meeting 3, five weeks ago, I reiterated the importance of this issue and said that even if detail can't be shared, the broad aims and timelines for decision making must be published, or our process would not be credible.

We were told we would get some feedback on this 'within days' of the meeting. We have not received anything. As you know this Monday's meeting was 'postponed' by the club. No alternative meeting date has been suggested by the club.

It was the promise of being able to speak to the artitect in the first meeting and then nothing.

Getting rugby Oldham involved was a major boast but it's gone all Pete tong.

More this goes on the more bridges are burnt I watch/support Oldham because of scott Naylor and the boys.

Maybe ch needs to speak to Sammy Gee about how to deal with the supporters because not only is he playing well he is a gentleman

Have just listened to the Podcast on Radio Manchester. Did anybody think he'd actually have any news regarding where Oldham are going to play?. As usual, he couldnt give a straight answer. Dont know how Whitebank could be developed now seeing as Keepmoat are going to build new homes at the end of the Pitch.

Isn't it those big gaps further down from the ground?  I don't think it'll affect the stadium.

Yes, it doesn't affect the stadium apart from less off road parking on match days. Several hundred potential new fans!

Have a look on the Plans, Document 6886 Limehurst DAS Whitebank site 2. It's very close to the Ground.

Archived