Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FearNothing

RFL Proposals for New League 1 Structure for 2016

Discussion on the new proposals for League 1 from 2016...

Proposal here:-

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/32977/kingstone-press-league-1-to

To kick things off, I posted this on another thread....

"

Just read through those proposals, they have a chance of being fairer, one or two points maybe a bit skewed still but could be a step in the right direction.

The Tolouse issue needs to be finalised at the earliest opportunity though - and if they're in, then earliest negotiations with Airbus in Broughton (up by us) and the Tolouse factory and airfield should be entered into to ease everyone's travelling to & from France..... (they regularly fly the wings from Broughton to Tolouse so maybe the RFL could have a centrally controlled/funded arrangement...)

edit - re-reading the proposal, IF Tolouse come in, that'll probably lead to one of the current top 8 being pushed down into the bottom 7.....just saying....."

It just looks even more complicat to me and still does not mean that a league winner will be promoted.

Initially you play all teams once only - therefore fixture lists will still favour some teams over others with more home games against top teams than for others

After the 8 split, I assume the points carry which carries forward the inequality and compounds it by offering further home advantages to some teams.

The advantages provided by home should not be underestimated. Old hams home record is one of the reasons they are top and Swinton have only lost one home game.

As league one has a number of teams who to me can all win on the day and there is very little between them then even small advantages can be telling.

Unless all teams are played home and away and the winner goes up, there will always be some skew of fairness however they try

Can't we just play 28 games? No ipro cup, all clubs home and away and then top two go up. Swinton this year. If they reach the playoff final will have played 28 games + two challenge cup games and four friendlies

Unless all teams are played home and away and the winner goes up, there will always be some skew of fairness however they try

Can't we just play 28 games? No ipro cup, all clubs home and away and then top two go up. Swinton this year. If they reach the playoff final will have played 28 games + two challenge cup games and four friendlies

This has been my point consistently.....funny enough you guys have played the same as us (we had one less friendly and an extra challenge cup game)

There will be some many opinions on this but I find that the RFL don't want a simplified system for any of our leagues they must have their own agenda ?? But as for me a simple RL fan I endorse what has been said above play everybody home and away top team gets promoted and then decide what else