featherstone away

billybulldog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28-26, unbelievable.

Not really unbelievable, how many times have we folded and thrown away winning positions this year.

Hunslet won and are on a roll, they will relegate us on last day of the season, if ee arent down before then.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Incredible. We actually deserve to go down if the last 8-10 minutes of the game were as bad as they sounded on the live commentary.

I decided not to go today for a variety of reasons, but was actually really regretting that choice when we were 6-6 at the break - even moreso when we were 26-6 up.

Given both the bashing to our confidence this calamity will inflict and the fact Hunslet have a gimme against Doncaster next week, I really fear that the writing is on the wall for us now.

r02c.gif

I'm in a daze. 26-22, hooter goes, Ainscough picks a kick through up in acres of space under no pressure, opts to kick it out into touch... Slices it. Fev score. If he'd spilled the kick through, knocked on and picked it up, run it into touch, run and taken the tackle etc. we'd have won.

Unbelievable.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I'm in a daze. 26-22, hooter goes, Ainscough picks a kick through up in acres of space under no pressure, opts to kick it out into touch... Slices it. Fev score. If he'd spilled the kick through, knocked on and picked it up, run it into touch, run and taken the tackle etc. we'd have won.

Unbelievable.

Thats actually funny

Thats actually funny

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Another game thrown away. we just do not know how to win the tight matches. I really do fear for our chances of avoiding the drop now. What a terrible season will it ever end?. Three games left for us and we have to win two of those. It is  time for the players to deliver forget what has happened today, get out there and do the job for the club.

Another game thrown away. we just do not know how to win the tight matches. I really do fear for our chances of avoiding the drop now. What a terrible season will it ever end?. Three games left for us and we have to win two of those. It is  time for the players to deliver forget what has happened today, get out there and do the job for the club.

Agree, but the ridiculous thing was it wasn't even close until the last 5 minutes - it should never have got anywhere near close!  l despair!!

If we were as creative with ball in hand, as we are at throwing matches away, we would be in the top four!!

He kicked up in the air for joy when the hooter wentt imo a complete brain fart of monumental proportions. Fev were rubbish today and we gave them the win litereally gave them it lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just how stupid can you get - you have the ball in your hands when the hooter is blown but instead of taking the tackle the clot decides to kick the ball in the air and the rest is now history . The Featherstone DVD will be shown around the Rugby League world for years  as an example of the most stupid play ever !!

These Batley players have invented more ways of giving the ball away this season than I thought possible . It is gross incompetence by the players and to blow a 20 point lead inside 8 minutes takes some doing with Ainscough's party piece after the hooter as the crowning glory !! They had Featherstone on their knees and then pressed the self destruct button with less than 10 minutes to go on the clock after 70 minutes hard work . The only decent try Featherstone scored was the one where Cooke kicked  for the winger to burst through .

I feel sorry for Kevin and JK because this shambles was down to the sheer lack of professionalism of the Batley players !!

Just how stupid can you get - you have the ball in your hands when the hooter is blown but instead of taking the tackle the clot decides to kick the ball in the air and the rest is now history . The Featherstone DVD will be shown around the Rugby League world for years as an example of the most stupid play ever !!

These Batley players have invented more ways of giving the ball away this season than I thought possible . It is gross incompetence by the players and to blow a 20 point lead inside 8 minutes takes some doing with Ainscough's party piece after the hooter as the crowning glory !! They had Featherstone on their knees and then pressed the self destruct button with less than 10 minutes to go on the clock after 70 minutes hard work . The only decent try Featherstone scored was the one where Cooke kicked for the winger to burst through .

I feel sorry for Kevin and JK because this shambles was down to the sheer lack of professionalism of the Batley players !!

you feel sorry for kevin and jk, are you being serious or just a stupid fool, if it hadn't been for jk's bad coaching over past 2 season's we would not be in this mess, & if your feeling sorry for any one, feel sorry for the die hard fans that pay all that money for season tickets, for away travel, & for paying for away games, them's the one's you should feel sorry for, not an old washed out coach who can only play one man rugby, get a grip, UNBELIEVABLE STUPID THING TO SAY

you feel sorry for kevin and jk, are you being serious or just a stupid fool, if it hadn't been for jk's bad coaching over past 2 season's we would not be in this mess, & if your feeling sorry for any one, feel sorry for the die hard fans that pay all that money for season tickets, for away travel, & for paying for away games, them's the one's you should feel sorry for, not an old washed out coach who can only play one man rugby, get a grip, UNBELIEVABLE STUPID THING TO SAY

Steady on old bean.

We are all frustrated and exasperated over todays new disappointment but its only a game when all is said and done.

34 players took to the field and left at the end.

This hasn't always been the case.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

How the chuff we won that Lord only knows. For 71 mins we were dire..... proper plop.

You can batter ainscough all you want. ... The poor b7gger made a mistake that will haunt him forever..... but for fev to be in a position to win from that error was a bigger crime IMO...

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Something to consider. I thought it at the time, but wasn't sure whether Craven was injured or not. On around 70 minutes, Alex Brown came on. Why we had a sub winger, I'm not sure. Anyway, Ainscough went to fullback and Browny onto the left wing. What had been a fairly rock solid defence for 70 minutes turned into a farce.

If Craven was injured, then fair enough. If he wasn't, then why this substitution? To give Browny a run out? Were we that sure that we'd shut the game out? I wasn't, not going uphill against a team that still had a lot of creativity in their ranks (even if they'd not shown it up to then).

We went to after that.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I don't blame Ainscough btw, he's been one of our best players this year and always gives 100%.

Archived