Sign in to follow this  
ehbandit

Hull FC under 23s

So Head Coach Barry Eaton (Assistant Coach at Leeds) would go against his Boss Brian McDermott if he suggested Leeds players to be selected for Hunslet as part of Leeds player development requirements? Come on..

Of course he wouldn't and doesn't.

The Hunslet supporters who kept the club going were clear that they were fully in hoc to Leeds but it was that or close down.

It is according to the Hunslet fans I spoke to , so who told you different , uncle Gary ?

Nobody told him different it's just Scotchy taking a different stance to tease you. 

1. If thats the best evidence you can come up with then you've well & truly lost this argument !

Given that the clubs only reintroduced their reserves over the last 2-3 years, what on earth has 10 years of origin results has to do with it ?

2. Lets just see over the next few years which clubs produce the larger number of 1st team quality players, those that run reserves or those that dont and use the DR system. 

1. Nothing.

2. The clubs that run reserves that will play more games, will be playing for their chosen clubs, will be playing in a competition to win it and not be guest players until they get withdrawn from DR at the end of July.

Having lived through the days of "A" teams proper, DR is a pale shadow, no point waiting a "few years" it's a no brainer.

Of course he wouldn't and doesn't.

The Hunslet supporters who kept the club going were clear that they were fully in hoc to Leeds but it was that or close down.

Nobody told him different it's just Scotchy taking a different stance to tease you.

You somehow think I don't already know Scotchys little games ?

You somehow think I don't already know Scotchy's little games ?

Not if you react so easily.

He makes some good points on this, SL reserves isn't a brilliant idea, in fact it's not even an idea, just a reversion.

But the stuff about Hunslet being in control of their own team and crowds being higher due to Leeds involvement was just teasing....

He makes some good points on this, SL reserves isn't a brilliant idea, in fact it's not even an idea, just a reversion.

But the stuff about Hunslet being in control of their own team and crowds being higher due to Leeds involvement was just teasing....

It's a game we've been playing for years

All well and good teasing (trolling?) however he claims that's the route to go but won't admit the true relationship between Hunslet/Leeds and won't provide any examples of where it can be replicated elsewhere. Reserves seems the only other option for some clubs where hey can have the same level of control that Leeds have over Hunslet

All well and good teasing (trolling?) however he claims that's the route to go but won't admit the true relationship between Hunslet/Leeds and won't provide any examples of where it can be replicated elsewhere. 

Then my good friend you win the argument.

Very few on here will concede an argument even a sensible one, but a spurious one based on a false premise, no chance.

For example I can't get any detail of how a return to licensing will actually work, or where the massive investment just waiting for the RFL to tap into will come from.

Attempting to get that is part of the reason I've run up over 19,000 posts asking for such things.......

All well and good teasing (trolling?) however he claims that's the route to go but won't admit the true relationship between Hunslet/Leeds and won't provide any examples of where it can be replicated elsewhere. Reserves seems the only other option for some clubs where hey can have the same level of control that Leeds have over Hunslet

just because parky has repeated the incorrect assertion doesn't mean it is true. The reason why he calls it teasing is that he knows he has no evidence to the contrary.

My simple question on your argument would be, if Leeds are controlling the selection of players realistically Hunslet. Why aren't Hunslet always playing them?

And reserves aren't the only other option. Not only that but reserves are a damaging and counter productive option.

Edited by scotchy

So would making the NCL a semi pro league not be an option ?

the standard is the issue.

Players who aren't quite good enough for SL and those who aren't quite ready should be aging each other. Under the reserves and under the NCL they would be split as some would be playing in the championship and some the reserves/NCL lowering the standard of both which becomes a vicious cycle.

Have young British ayers playing in the championship and league 1 which expands the talent pool there and further down.

The reserves will take players out of the talent pool and seperate then from the rest of the game.

So what is the answer then because standards are dropping already un the NCL and the talent pool is diminishing .

If I were you I wouldn't bother arguing with him any more. He's been so indoctrinated by Hetheringtons guff that he wont accept any other point of view even when its fully supported by evidence. 

He claims reserves will be playing at a lower standard than the championship depite evidence from the NRL that reserves teams there are now performing better than the teams using a DR system.

He's trying to convince you that its somehow in the players interest to not allow them stay with their club of choice beyond the age of 19, and that forcing them to move clubs, go part time, have access to lower standards of coaching and facilties will somehow make them better players.

Then of course there's his biggest joke of all in trying to convince everyone that Leeds haven't taken over Hunslet and dont use them as their own reserves team.

Just leave him to carry on wittering away in his Leeds fantasy land

Edited by Saint Toppy

If I were you I wouldn't bother arguing with him any more. He's been so indoctrinated by Hetheringtons guff that he wont accept any other point of view even when its fully supported by evidence.

He claims reserves will be playing at a lower standard than the championship depite evidence from the NRL that reserves teams there are now performing better than the teams using a DR system.

He's trying to convince you that its somehow in the players interest to not allow them stay with their club of choice beyond the age of 19, and that forcing them to move clubs, go part time, have access to lower standards of coaching and facilties will somehow make them better players.

Then of course there's his biggest joke of all in trying to convince everyone that Leeds haven't taken over Hunslet and dont use them as their own reserves team.

Just leave him to carry on wittering away in his Leeds fantasy land

Every single thing you have written here is factually incorrect. And it's quite a long post so it's almost impressive.

The reserves will be playing at a lower level than the championship. It's laughable to suggest not.

The best Australian sides are the dual registered ones. That's why dual registration Northern Pride are the interstate champions. Pretty much everyone with any knowledge of lower league RL in Australia is comfortable that the Queensland cup is the superior competition.

I don't believe we should stop players playing for their chosen club at 19. I'm very much in favour of young British players playing for British clubs. The poor facsimile that is reserves however is pointless and counter productive. If saints was to keep the registration of a player they should be prepared to play them.

Leeds haven't taken over Hunslet. Certain people might find it convenient to state so but they are wrong and however many times they repeat it. It isn't going to make it true. Just an oft repeated lie.

See what I mean, completely indoctrinated !

Hetherington must be like the Borg to Leeds fans - resistance is futile

I didn't know Gary hetherington had anything to do with the Queensland cup or interstate championship.

Nor does he have anything to do with you repeating a lie you have no evidence for.

Seems someone might need to find a new bogeyman

Like the championship then.

As I pointed out and you as usual ignored , they play at the equivalent of Leigh East or Miners facilities , so NO , mr Quinlan didn't play in front of big crowds

As I pointed out and you as usual ignored , they play at the equivalent of Leigh East or Miners facilities , so NO , mr Quinlan didn't play in front of big crowds

When he is playing sides like Newtown he will be. 

People who have come out and said they think the reserves are a good idea include the SL chairmen of clubs like Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Salford, Hull & championship club Leigh, SL coaches Tony Smith, Keiron Cunningham, Shaun Wane, the chairmen of NRL clubs Penrith, Manly, Canterbury, Wests, Newcastle & the NZ Warriors, other vastly experienced people in the game like Tim Sheens and Phil Gould, then there's the NRL CEO Todd Gereenberg who was instrumental in reinstating the Canterbury reserves when he was there.

Then on the other side we have Gary Hetherington ! How many other people have come out and said a reserves league is a bad idea ?

So Scotchy you'd have us believe all those other people in the game are wrong and your beloved Hetherington is right ?

Edited;

I wouldn't cuddle up to Hetherington too much if I were you Scotchy given the good Doc's latest comments :biggrin:   

Edited by Saint Toppy

Peter O'Sullivan is a huge fan of the Queensland cup and how it develops players through its dual registration like system.

Peter O'Sullivan, in case you didn't know, was the man who discovered Greg Inglis. Israel Folau and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and was responsible for recruitment and development at the storm and Roosters.

Phil Gould has admitted the Queensland cup is the better comp and better for developing players.

So that's the storm. Broncos. Cowboys. Titans. the Roosters. Don Furner and the raiders, the bunnies, eels, and sharks and leeds all using a dual registration system.

Who am I going to believe?

Edited by scotchy