Koukash reveals all.........again

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GH,the archetypal panto villain.Marwan charges in on his white horse to smite the evil that is the Leeds club.

Marwan saves the day and Rugby League. :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

I'd actually envisage it being more like Shrek riding in on donkey to smite the evil lord Farquad :D

Not that i'm comparing how Kath Hetherington's looks to Fiona or anything :tongue:

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

He gets everywhere doesn't he the sleeve.

Got rangi chase suspended. Made Harris 'ill' wrote Kevin lockes resignation letter, theo fages too. Provided the legal advice for Puletua.

Is there no end to his machiavellian maneuvering?

got to hand it to the sleeve! kaukash should be grateful to him for making him popular on here.not too much just a little bit popular

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

McDermott commented on Koukash's leadership in relation to the playing group and his constant public criticism and behind the scenes goings on. Why is that outrageous?

I didn't say it was outrageous. That's just hyperbole. I said it was poor form.  McDermott didn't just 'comment'.  He offered up a personal criticism live on TV.  I notice Adrian Morley isn't leaving the club.  He's taking on an ambassadorial role at the club following his retirement.  Being employed by Dr K must really be awful.

Of the two, who is getting the best out of the playing group in performances and results?

You see, this is the difference.  It is McDermott's job to get the best out of the playing group, not Hetherington's.  It is the Salford coach's job to get the best out of the playing group, not Koukash's. 

Do Salford not have coaching staff to take care of the playing side and speak about performances?

Yes they do and you will notice they haven't criticised Hetherington, which would have been the equivalent.

He gets everywhere doesn't he the sleeve.

Got rangi chase suspended. Made Harris 'ill' wrote Kevin lockes resignation letter, theo fages too. Provided the legal advice for Puletua.

Is there no end to his machiavellian maneuvering?

Chase was suspended by the coaching staff, apparently for not turning up to training.

Locke lost his claim against Salford for alleged unpaid wages. That was reported in the RL press weeks ago.

Puletua's claim is to be heard soon.

Harris was no loss to Salford.  The bloke can't coach.  He can't maintain discipline either, as could be seen by the number of suspensions the players were getting.

Theo Fages is still employed by Salford.  He went on 'sick leave' a few weeks back.  He announced that, not Salford.  (Locke and Fage have the same agent btw)

But none of the above is the business of Hetherington, McDermott or anyone at the Leeds club. 

I watched the Backchat interview last night and for once Koukash came across pretty well for the most part.

I sort of get what he's saying about McDermott as leadership comes in many forms. He didn't phrase it very well but I guess what he meant was there's nothing McDermott can teach him about leading & running a business, but conversly there's nothing Koukash could teach McDermott about leading a group of rugby players in a dressing room.

McDermott was out of order to question how Koukash runs a club as he has no idea about running one himself, likewise Koukash should refrain from the personal attacks on McDermott's leadership skills with the team as he has no idea about that side of things.

As for the 'hooker' jibe about Hetherington, I guess in time we'll find out what 'bad advice' or 'lies' Hetherington was supposed to have told Koukash when he took over Salford.

Personally i've never been much of a fan of Hetherington. He was a very average journeyman player, failed coach and as soon as Sheffield got some success he cashed in and walked away. He comes across as pretty arrogant, painting this picture that Leeds success was down to him (when in reality its Caddick's huge investment in better quality players, staff & infrastructure that is the main contributor), but Koukash is also pretty arrogant and looks down on Hetherington. It appears he still sees him as a slimy, arrogant double glazing salesman (but then again a leopard and his spots and all that ;) )

the only player Caddick paid for was Harris and that was a loan the only loan he has made regards players.He bought the club took on the debt but the club after the Harris deal was self financing .In order for Hetherington to Found The Sheffield club he remortgaged his own house ,and I am certain he also contributed to the purchase financially from the sale of Sheffield

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

It's all entertainment, especially in between games.

I am all for McDermott disrespecting MK and MK disrespecting him back.

Feuds are fun any professional sporting context.

Fwiw, if McDermott had criticised the opposition coach for getting far less out of his salary cap hitting team, then I think that would have been fine. Sadly, even Mourinho doesn't go quite that far (save obliquely).

Chase was suspended by the coaching staff, apparently for not turning up to training.

Locke lost his claim against Salford for alleged unpaid wages. That was reported in the RL press weeks ago.

Puletua's claim is to be heard soon.

Harris was no loss to Salford. The bloke can't coach. He can't maintain discipline either, as could be seen by the number of suspensions the players were getting.

Theo Fages is still employed by Salford. He went on 'sick leave' a few weeks back. He announced that, not Salford. (Locke and Fage have the same agent btw)

But none of the above is the business of Hetherington, McDermott or anyone at the Leeds club.

and pretty clearly as was alleged, not rumour emanating from the sleeve.

Think ill just leave this here for the saints fans

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_15696-mcmanus-takes-aim-at-koukash.html

thats not really McManus it's the Sleeve he's not only a hooker he's a shapeshifter too

JAMIE PEACOCK

Its outrageous becuse firstly McDermott can't possibly know exactly what going on behind the scenes at Salford as he's not part of it. He's made this comment based purely on 2nd hand information and no doubt from someone with an axe to grind with Koukash, so the information is hardly likely to be fully credible. 

Secondly, in case you hadn't realised Koukash leads the whole of the Salford club, he doesn't directly lead & manage the players, thats what the coaching team does. In the interview he even called Tim Sheens 'the boss' when it comes to matters regarding the players and stated that it was they who suspended Rangi Chase, not him. Player performance (or lack of it) at Salford is down to the coaching team and it appears Iestyn Harris had paid the price for that failure this year. 

Koukash has made some big errors in his time so far at Salford, he's the first to admit that, but I think he's well within his rights to defend himself against what McDermott said, particularly as its evident its Hetherington pulling his strings and is the source of many of these allegations of unrest and mis-management.

I dont know if Koukash has said it publically but he's certainly not tried to hide the fact he believes its Leeds who have unsettled Theo Fages by holding talks with his agent and making some big money offers before even asking for permission to speak to the player. I suspect this is part of the 'agenda' he referred to in the interview

The Brian McDermott interview clip is on the Sky Sports website.  He has a go at Koukash for the way he publicly berates his players.  If it's not bad leadership to do that, why is Koukash the only club chairman that feels the need to mouth off in such a manner?

All the other club chairmen leave it to the coaching staff to deal with performance and media comment on players.

As an outsider looking in who has no allegiance to either of the clubs and no axe to grind, I'd say Koukash undermines the players and the coaching staff with his leadership style.  The results on the field bear this out.

Anyway I've just been informed that there will be a big contract announcement in the YEP believe in the Sleeve! if my info is correct and there is an announcement my bet is McGuire his final 3 years,but who knows?

JAMIE PEACOCK

thank christ we have steve o'connor

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

All the other club chairmen leave it to the coaching staff to deal with performance and media comment on players.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league/339754/Eamonn-McManus-rap-stirs-up-St-Helens

thank christ we have steve O'Connor

I suppose you thank the same individual for the son-in-law of Gary Hetherington who failed miserably in attempting to fool the anti-doping agencies,as well.

Nothing like bringing the sport into disrepute,is there?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I also have to laugh at the idea that a few years in the Marines gives McDermott any kind of automatic credibility or respect over Marwan. This is a guy who, as a child, was burned out of his home, marched barefoot across Syria and Iraq and experienced things that McDermott couldn't even imagine.

How do you know what McDermott experienced as a marine? One of the lowest posts ever on this forum.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league/339754/Eamonn-McManus-rap-stirs-up-St-Helens

I suppose you thank the same individual for the son-in-law of Gary Hetherington who failed miserably in attempting to fool the anti-doping agencies,as well.

steve runs the club not james rule

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

steve runs the club not james rule

I think James Rule has more input on running the club than SOC at the moment, he is CEO after all and was appointed by SOC. In fact SOC does less and less nowadays hence him selling on part of his ownership to other directors

How about a link to what McManus actually said and when? Did McManus go along to a training session and have a go at the squad, with this then being reported?  Did he simply ring a newspaper and say 'I want to have a rant about how bad the team are playing?

Koukash's leadership methods aren't working.  The team finished 2nd bottom, 3 coaches have come and gone, numerous player disputes and they look like being in the so called million pound game.

Is he so arrogant he can't see he is part of the problem?

The Brian McDermott interview clip is on the Sky Sports website.  He has a go at Koukash for the way he publicly berates his players.  If it's not bad leadership to do that, why is Koukash the only club chairman that feels the need to mouth off in such a manner?

As an outsider looking in who has no allegiance to either of the clubs and no axe to grind, I'd say Koukash undermines the players and the coaching staff with his leadership style.  The results on the field bear this out.

I think there are two problems with what Brian said. Firstly, he's taken an isolated incident (the defeat at Headingley) and extrapolated from it to get to the conclusion he'd already reached. Salford went into that game on the back of victories over Hull KR and Catalans, and went on to win two of the following three games. Same squad, same coaches, same club, same owner, but Brian had nothing to say about these. It's what happens on here, where people take an isolated incident (or, often, just make one up) and go to town on it, but disregard anything that doesn't conform with what they've already decided is true. Just look at this thread. The same names that seemingly always have something to say when there's a whiff of something Marwanophobic to whine about are strangely absent when there's something positive to report about the club.

Secondly, he's decided Salford's heavy defeat is Marwan's fault, but other heavy defeats are never down to the club officials. He seemed to have nothing but sympathy for Neil Hudgell, for example. Again, it's what happens on here, and again this thread is an example. Marwan says something vaguely crass and we're told he's making the game a laughing stock. Brian McDermott and, previously, Eamonn McManus have a pop at Marwan, but that doesn't meet with the same kind of over-egged drama queen response. In fact, as I recall, it was trouser tepees all round.

Still, at least he managed to say what he said without having to resort to cringeingly infantile name calling, like one halfwit on here did (no prizes for guessing who). Fortunately, a grown up was quickly on hand to edit it away.

It all leads to a kind of disconnect between the actual Marwan and people's ideas of him, as evidenced by the comment that "for once" he behaved on the TV programme he was on. Why "for once"? Were we expecting him to slaughter a doe-eyed puppy live on air or something? I'm not naive enough to believe he's some kind of saint - he comes across as crass and a boor, and I certainly wouldn't buy a used car from him, and I can accept that he's probably "the worst" club owner in the game at the moment (by whatever definition you want to give "the worst") - but, as shown by the TV appearance, he isn't significantly worse than most of the others. He's just subject to some strange, obsessive scrutiny by fans of other clubs (by and large, Salford fans don't obsess over him anywhere near as much, and he's our chairman!) who are looking for something to whine about. I just hope it all blows over. It would be a shame to see this forum go the way of RLFans.

I think there are two problems with what Brian said. Firstly, he's taken an isolated incident (the defeat at Headingley) and extrapolated from it to get to the conclusion he'd already reached. Salford went into that game on the back of victories over Hull KR and Catalans, and went on to win two of the following three games. Same squad, same coaches, same club, same owner, but Brian had nothing to say about these. It's what happens on here, where people take an isolated incident (or, often, just make one up) and go to town on it, but disregard anything that doesn't conform with what they've already decided is true. Just look at this thread. The same names that seemingly always have something to say when there's a whiff of something Marwanophobic to whine about are strangely absent when there's something positive to report about the club.

Secondly, he's decided Salford's heavy defeat is Marwan's fault, but other heavy defeats are never down to the club officials. He seemed to have nothing but sympathy for Neil Hudgell, for example. Again, it's what happens on here, and again this thread is an example. Marwan says something vaguely crass and we're told he's making the game a laughing stock. Brian McDermott and, previously, Eamonn McManus have a pop at Marwan, but that doesn't meet with the same kind of over-egged drama queen response. In fact, as I recall, it was trouser tepees all round.

Still, at least he managed to say what he said without having to resort to cringeingly infantile name calling, like one halfwit on here did (no prizes for guessing who). Fortunately, a grown up was quickly on hand to edit it away.

It all leads to a kind of disconnect between the actual Marwan and people's ideas of him, as evidenced by the comment that "for once" he behaved on the TV programme he was on. Why "for once"? Were we expecting him to slaughter a doe-eyed puppy live on air or something? I'm not naive enough to believe he's some kind of saint - he comes across as crass and a boor, and I certainly wouldn't buy a used car from him, and I can accept that he's probably "the worst" club owner in the game at the moment (by whatever definition you want to give "the worst") - but, as shown by the TV appearance, he isn't significantly worse than most of the others. He's just subject to some strange, obsessive scrutiny by fans of other clubs (by and large, Salford fans don't obsess over him anywhere near as much, and he's our chairman!) who are looking for something to whine about. I just hope it all blows over. It would be a shame to see this forum go the way of RLFans.

Perhaps if Koukash had taken a different approach, Salford may have been able to achieve far more?  Beating a fellow middle 8 side and a Cats side who never travel and whose season was over would then not have been followed by a drubbing.  Are you really counting wins against Championship sides as some sort of proof Koukash way is right?

Koukash only gets looked at because he has a strange desire to seek out publicity at every opportunity. Sadly for Salford, the stories very rarely have a positive slant on them.

The league position and crowds tell their own story. You can't just go out and buy success.

Does Koukash seek out the media or does the media seek him out in the hope he will say something different? Koukash is not the normal SL Chairman the game has been used to; he upsets the status quo and certain people within the game, both supporters and clubs, see that as a threat. Whilst when quoted he comes across poorly at times, I have no issues with Marwan and wish him an Salford all the best. The game is much better with them.

Archived