Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

13 Sept: Qualifiers - Halifax v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm

34:10 at FT

The wheels have fallen off Leigh at the exact wrong point of the season.

Excellent and deserved result from the part timers. Sounds like Leigh were smashed off the park despite being fulltime. Sad to see Acton once again kneeling somebody in the head. No need for it. All that money Leigh have spent has got them nowhere.

Never mind. They're good losers and will just suck it up and get on with it.

Massive result... With away fixtures coming up does this mean Leigh have little chance of making 5th spot?

Gosh they've really blew their golden opportunity haven't they, Rowley must getting sick into his nearest toilet right now....

As a Leigh fan let me say we were, outrun, out thought, out enthused, and out coached, Halifax were better in every department, in fact there was not a Halifax shirt that was bettered by any Leigh player, and also the ref had a topping game.

Best of luck to Halifax in their remaining games, if they play like they have today they will really shake these qualifiers up.

Lol

I remember in the 2014 season when I said to you we should share a pint when the Bulls and Leigh meet in the League next year, your reply was it would only happen if it was a cup draw, funny how you went really quite after that statement!

Lol lol lol lol I nearly fell off my chair with laughter when I looked at the score. Great result fax well done.I know I shouldn't laugh but it's great when the underdogs win.

Edited by thundergaz

Lol lol lol lol I nearly fell off my chair with laughter when I looked at the score. Great result fax well done.I know I shouldn't laugh but it's great when the underdogs win.

Same here but it was after seeing Fax 20-0 up at one point!

Will Rowley get the sack now?

As a Leigh fan let me say we were, outrun, out thought, out enthused, and out coached, Halifax were better in every department, in fact there was not a Halifax shirt that was bettered by any Leigh player, and also the ref had a topping game.

Best of luck to Halifax in their remaining games, if they play like they have today they will really shake these qualifiers up.

I concur , Fax played really well in both attack and defence , best team won , even when we looked to be getting back in the game they didn't panic and snuffed us out , Murrel and Tyrer had blinders , their backs covered everything we did , their forwards ran strong and made more yards than our

Onward to next week , should be interesting to see which team gets back on the horse between us and the Bulls

Leigh can still make the million £ game if we can win next week againt the Bulls. Fax still also have a good chance of making it

Well it should be a high scoring game next week Lobby, both teams think it is "tick and pass" when it comes to defence, something like after you sir, you go first.

Halifax deserved all the plaudits today, and I'd sign Marshall for life. What he has done with a group of PT players is wonderful. Today is the best I have ever seen Fax play. Sure we were poor, but that's because they had us sussed in every department, and once they got a roll on they just made us look like the part timers. Scott Murrell was my MOM - he put some hits in and had influence all over the park. I blame the HKr cockerel / part time Fax fan for getting him fired up (those in the know will know who I mean)

I felt gutted for the Leigh lads, all bar maybe two who still let discipline slip, put lots of effort in but came up against a team determined to win. Every play we made went sour, then after the first 5 mins of the second half where Fax perhaps looked a tad nervy, they regained control so 75 of 80 mins were theirs.They had us sussed, we had nothing in the tank and no answer or 2nd ideas after plays went wrong. Once Fax got their confidence of the win, we just looked crushed. 

I hope Fax continue to play so well, they'll certainly be contenders for top spot etc if they do next season. Win, lose or draw I'm LTID, I've seen much worse and of course much better. 

Edited by amm

No matter what Leigh have shook the game of RL and brought the flair back into the sport.

Well done to Fax great result for the club and well done to Paul Rowley said in his after match interview Fax outplayed Leigh and unlike other coaches didn't blame the Ref .

Rome was not built in a day all you Leigh haters Leigh will come back bigger and stronger .

No matter what Leigh have shook the game of RL and brought the flair back into the sport.

Well done to Fax great result for the club and well done to Paul Rowley said in his after match interview Fax outplayed Leigh and unlike other coaches didn't blame the Ref .

Rome was not built in a day all you Leigh haters Leigh will come back bigger and stronger .

I can't see Leigh or anyone having a better side than Leigh have had this season in the championship. Especially if SL clubs come cherry picking Leigh's and the Bulls best players once the 8s is over.

I can't see Leigh or anyone having a better side than Leigh have had this season in the championship. Especially if SL clubs come cherry picking Leigh's and the Bulls best players once the 8s is over.

Oh woe is me

Plenty of good RL players out there

Oh woe is me

Plenty of good RL players out there

Yes there is but if moi moi, hock higham, brierley and ridyard and co can't get you up what you going to get next hardhaker hall sinfield etc? Lol. The above is about the best the champ clubs will attract I'm afraid. Edited by thundergaz

All the brash Leigh fans backing down a bit now. Can never understand why they were so bullish, and giving the big I Am, after a couple of cup wins, and doing well in the 2nd division.

Mick Gledhill and some othe Bradford fans were bad, before. But would sooner have them back.

Yes there is but if moi moi, hock higham, brierley and ridyard and co can't get you up what you going to get next hardhaker hall sinfield etc? Lol. The above is about the best the champ clubs will attract I'm afraid.

I think champ clubs could do better than hardaker, hall and sinfield TBF! ;-)

Yea their is but if moi moi, hock higham, brierley and ridyard and co can't get you up what you going to get next hardhaker hall sinfield etc? Lol. The above is about the best the champ clubs will attract I'm afraid.

Don't you just love all these madam petulengro's , they can see the future , all billionaires because the KNOW everything

We'll still have the bulk of this years squad next year , with hopefully some new quality additions

If they're good enough , great ,if they're not , fine , but speaking to Fax fans today , they like 90% of the Leythers are really enjoying this new structure no matter what the results , the Fax fans certainly seemed to enjoy today's game , us Leythers less so

It's sport , exactly as we know it Jim