Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

12 Sept: Qualifiers - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Widnes Vikings KO 6pm

From a purely selfish point of view we need Widnes to take the last game seriously. So I'm hoping for a win for Trin.

Boooooooooo!

Tough game for both sides, I think Trinity are the form team despite their loss to HKR.

Wakefield bossed that game and blew numerous try scoring chances, they dominated territorially and HKR scored off two fortuitous bounces of the ball.

The week before against Leigh Wakefield again dominated but didn't put the points on the board.

I think this week will see Wakefield convert that dominance into more points which will see them pinch a tough match against a good Widnes team.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wakey win this by 8pts or so....we tend to struggle against them (apart from the home tonking we gave them earlier this year but they're a different prospect now) and we are likely to walk into this too relaxed after last week's win

don't think so chuffer the lads will know how vital this game is as it will virtually seal a top 4 place 

Discuss Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Widnes Vikings here.

I'm sure, if I look closely, I'll find summat mightily impressive about this post that warranted Gates 1 to like it.  :huh:

Give me a bit more time.  :read:

Due to the Cricket finishing early, commentary for this match will be on Five Live Sports Extra. They are currently covering HKR v Bradford.

Listening on the radio. Widnes sound for far too good for Wakefield.

I think you're an official RFL plant on this forum.

Either that or you've certainly bought into this "Every minute matters" malarky.

Can't fault your enthusiasm if so.

I wouldn't go that far OF; stuck in the house trying to write my MSc dissertation. Listening to Wakefield getting hammered is far more enjoyable than that!

Hanbury MOM surely?! 4 tries...

I wouldn't go that far OF; stuck in the house trying to write my MSc dissertation. Listening to Wakefield getting hammered is far more enjoyable than that! Hanbury MOM surely?! 4 tries...

Aha!, now I see.

:)

Hull KR & Widnes pretty much safe now. Widnes points difference of 140 ish means they could probably lose their last two home games without worrying too much about Wakefield, Leigh or Bradford catching them.

Hull KR & Widnes pretty much safe now. Widnes points difference of 140 ish means they could probably lose their last two home games without worrying too much about Wakefield, Leigh or Bradford catching them.

Hopefully they'll still want to hit 10 points against Salford