Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

11 Sept: Super 8s - Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

This is going to be rather painful, I reckon.

Hull with nothing to play for and Wigan trying to keep the pressure on in case Leeds slip up.

Add to that, Hull look like they're bunging a few young 'uns in due to injuries and we could have a score of even greater than cup final proportions.

Pies 58 Hull FC 10.

It'll be interesting to see whether he plays Gelling and Burgess. If we are going for all out attack, then I would play both, and move Bateman back into the pack.

We only won the regular season game by a point, same again would be enough at this stage.

This is going to be rather painful, I reckon.

Hull with nothing to play for and Wigan trying to keep the pressure on in case Leeds slip up.

Add to that, Hull look like they're bunging a few young 'uns in due to injuries and we could have a score of even greater than cup final proportions.

Pies 58 Hull FC 10.

Wigan were available at -24 yesterday.

You won't see that again.

Two young lads who could be making their debuts for Hull are  Masimbaashe Matongo and Ross Osborne.

I've heard good things about the former, really hoping he plays at some point, if only to hear the attempts made by Eddie and Stevo at pronouncing his name.

Two young lads who could be making their debuts for Hull are  Masimbaashe Matongo and Ross Osborne.

I've heard good things about the former, really hoping he plays at some point, if only to hear the attempts made by Eddie and Stevo at pronouncing his name.

Matongo is a big lad for his age and is a very willing worker. I hope we see him and Ross Osbourne make their debuts. It will be a great moment for them.

If it does end 58-10 then there'll be no crowing from us Wigan fans as Catalans put 58 past us at their place earlier in the season when we had almost a full team selected.

All these injuries....is it extremely unfortunate or a symptom of the Super 8s,rather than every minute counts is it a case of the last 3 or 4 matches being meaningless. A lack of motivation.

Expect the gallant youth to perform with pride. Worry more about what this tells us about the coach and overall morale of the senior players.

Eminem.

Sounds a good un. Where's he from, South Cave?

Matongo is still relatively new to the game this is his first full season with the 19's, i watch a lot of the 19's games home and away as my nephew playes for them, Matongo's progression in such a short time has been a joy to watch. Osborne is also a very useful player, they will find it extremely tough on Friday but it will be a massive experience for them.

Considering our 19's have been short every week with players playing first team and injuries it's been a credit to them that they finished 3rd overall.

Edited by westhuller

All these injuries....is it extremely unfortunate or a symptom of the Super 8s,rather than every minute counts is it a case of the last 3 or 4 matches being meaningless. A lack of motivation.

Expect the gallant youth to perform with pride. Worry more about what this tells us about the coach and overall morale of the senior players.

Reminds me of the olden days when the senior players would suddenly develop mysterious injuries at the prospect of a 200 mile round trip to get beaten up for losing pay. It was the career 'A' teamers, A. N. Other and S. O. Else who usually ended up being thrown to the wolves.

Or maybe we're just a couple of old cynics.

My one and only first team game for FC came away at Bradford in the last game of the season. A few A teamers selected and I get on after 5 minutes when Kenny Foulkes goes lame....appeared,got his money,didn't fancy a beating. Something like 56-18 but yours truly playing as AN Other scores on his debut.

Was then signed on for 3 seasons.

Yes we are cynics but all these " injuries" are phoney.Hull have given up.Trust Wigan will maintain their integrity and do the business.

Edited by stevereed100

You know we're playing FC when SteveR ascribes "integrity" to us! :)

One oddity of the new system is that a team could have much more to play for and a more interesting end of season in the Qualifiers rather than the super 8s if you are it adrift...

That's the disappointing outcome of the Super8s. With 3 games to go 3 teams are already "disinterested".

Typically under the old play off arrangements every game mattered,fighting to stay in the top 8s or to get the easiest tie by getting as high as possible.

Exiled Wiganer is right I am looking to Wigan to be professional. 64-0 is the first target!

It was the career 'A' teamers, A. N. Other and S. O. Else 

Or maybe we're just a couple of old cynics.

I remember seeing such names on the back of the Widnes match programme in 1988......someone also said that they were used when a Rugby Union player was having a trial in order to maintain anonymity?