NRL Finals series

Allora

Hey mate, I have been watching Rugby League for 25 years now, if I was to list the top 5 best games i have seen that would be in it. It was a better game than anything I have seen in the last 3-4 years. Probably the best I have seen since Brisbane/st george Semi in 2011. 

Good for you. It looked like a great atmosphere.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree but Cowboys are more than a solid team without JT as well. Morgan, Coote, Scott, Hannant, Cooper, Tamou, Taumalolo and Granville. They would beat most teams just with them players. I still think they will make the GF this year. It'll be Broncs/Cows

Storm will beat the Cowboys for me as they just know what they have to do. No better side at defence than Melbourne at Playoff time and they have the Players that know how to win games at the crucial time. Plus the rise of Munster has given them an extra weapon.

Storm will beat the Cowboys for me as they just know what they have to do. No better side at defence than Melbourne at Playoff time and they have the Players that know how to win games at the crucial time. Plus the rise of Munster has given them an extra weapon.

I hope not. The Storm have to be one of the most boring teams to watch. I genuinely can't see them making it to the GF, but you never know. Another Broncos v Cowboys match would do nicely, although I'll be surprised if the Roosters don't make it. 

The Roosters are still the best team in the competition for me. They were on a fantastic run and were brought back down to earth.... I expect them to refocus and win on the next three weekends now.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I still think it will be a Broncos v NQ Cowboys re-match in the GF

It can't be.

These are the options:

Roosters can play Sharks, Cows, Bronx

Canterbury - Sharks, Cows, Broncos

Cows - Chooks, Dogs, Storm

Sharks - Chooks, Dogs, Storm

Brisbane - Chooks, Dogs. Storm

Storm - Cows, Fish, Horsies

It can't be.

These are the options:

If Cowboys win they play storm, if Roosters win they play broncos 

It can't be.

These are the options:

Semi final line up is

Broncos V Roosters/Bulldogs

Storm. V Cowboys/Sharks

I'd be feeling fairly good if I were in the Cowboys camp and they get the Broncos again, only because I think if you play that game another 9 times the Cowboys most likely win all 9. Not to take anything away from the Broncos outstanding D but I thought the Cowboys just looked a bit more balanced and threatening overall. Amazing game even by current NRL standards. Hard to think that at least 1 of those 2 don't make the GF.

No mention of Eto Nabuli's try yet? Almost physically impossible but then the NRL tore up the rule book for what is and isn't physically possible quite some time ago. Truly sensational moment.

NRL is pretty good eh?

Also Wade Graham is the best second rower in the world right now. Didn't realise he was only 24.

One of the last 17-year-olds to debut in the NRL before the 18 rule was introduced. He's always been a big boy though.

I hope not. The Storm have to be one of the most boring teams to watch. I genuinely can't see them making it to the GF, but you never know. Another Broncos v Cowboys match would do nicely, although I'll be surprised if the Roosters don't make it. 

Think they are a good Team to watch especially watching the big 3 who automatically know where the others are. Plus watching Koribete and Munster is hardly boring. What the Storm do way better than any other Team and have for years is control the ruck and the Speed of the game. People moan about it but it is a skill that they have mastered while others struggle to match or beat it. Roosters knew what the Storm would do and yet they couldnt break what they were doing. Rugby League is very much a game of working out what the Opponent is doing and trying to combat that. It is not all about 5 drives and a kick or scoring great tries. You Need to control the ruck and the Speed of a game to win a game. While it may be boring to watch Melbourne to some I think ist great to see how a Team can be so consistant year in year out kill off opponents despite being given Little Chance.

Think they are a good Team to watch especially watching the big 3 who automatically know where the others are. Plus watching Koribete and Munster is hardly boring. What the Storm do way better than any other Team and have for years is control the ruck and the Speed of the game. People moan about it but it is a skill that they have mastered while others struggle to match or beat it. Roosters knew what the Storm would do and yet they couldnt break what they were doing. Rugby League is very much a game of working out what the Opponent is doing and trying to combat that. It is not all about 5 drives and a kick or scoring great tries. You Need to control the ruck and the Speed of a game to win a game. While it may be boring to watch Melbourne to some I think ist great to see how a Team can be so consistant year in year out kill off opponents despite being given Little Chance.

I wouldn't argue that there is a great amount of skill involved in what Melbourne do. It's fantastic coaching to continually produce a team that can do what they do to a high standard most weeks. And Koribete and Munster are exciting talents. But for me, the way the Storm play, produced some of the most sterile, lifeless games I've seen this year. They do what they do very well, but it doesn't appeal to me. It'll be fascinating to see who makes it through this weekend to play the Storm, and to see how they go about trying to overcome Melbourne's tactics.

In terms of this weekend's games, I think the Roosters look a much weaker side without Warea-Hargreaves but still expect them to get up on the Bulldogs. Just.

Cowboys-Sharks should be a cracker. I don't think I've ever seen an NRL second row as good as Lewis-Gallen-Graham but I still expect the Cowboys to get home in relative comfort. Robson and Bird are gritty defensive halves and Robson has a good kicking game but that halves combo doesn't inspire me much at this juncture and the Sharks move the ball just about least well of any side in the comp as a result. They'll need the exceptional Ennis to have an absolute blinder around the ruck to get over the Cowboys. Their outside backs are not too shabby - Beale is amongst the most destructive ball-running centres in the comp and Holmes total dynamite but the sad fact is that they just don't see enough of the ball. I think this will change when Maloney joins next year and they could be a top 3 outfit but for now it's Cowboys by 8-10 and they're surely the team of this weekend's 4 that the Broncos and Storm would most want to avoid.

What does everyone make of the Storm "Wrestlemania" allegations btw? I can't say I've ever much noticed but then I don't really look for that kind of thing. It's very interesting that NRL have wrestling experts watching the games (in general, not just the Storm) and they're highlighting tons of illegal wrestling moves. More power to NRL for being on the front foot with this. The cannonball, the crusher, the shoulder charge - NRL is seeing 'em all off and rightly so. Great work.

In terms of this weekend's games, I think the Roosters look a much weaker side without Warea-Hargreaves but still expect them to get up on the Bulldogs. Just.

Cowboys-Sharks should be a cracker. I don't think I've ever seen an NRL second row as good as Lewis-Gallen-Graham but I still expect the Cowboys to get home in relative comfort. Robson and Bird are gritty defensive halves and Robson has a good kicking game but that halves combo doesn't inspire me much at this juncture and the Sharks move the ball just about least well of any side in the comp as a result. They'll need the exceptional Ennis to have an absolute blinder around the ruck to get over the Cowboys. Their outside backs are not too shabby - Beale is amongst the most destructive ball-running centres in the comp and Holmes total dynamite but the sad fact is that they just don't see enough of the ball. I think this will change when Maloney joins next year and they could be a top 3 outfit but for now it's Cowboys by 8-10 and they're surely the team of this weekend's 4 that the Broncos and Storm would most want to avoid.

I'm hoping Bulldogs will win, it will be easier to beat the dogs at suncorp than the Roosters. Lewis for mine is the best second rower in the comp at the moment. He has scored something like 12 tries this year, that's more than most wingers. Robson is easily the most underrated half in the comp. He isn't flashy or brilliant, he is slower than a tortoise, but he controls the game so well, and he is an old school leg tackler, he stops them in his tracks. Beale is another underrated player, he doesn't score many tries but he always passes at the right time and fins a lot of space for his winger. Most of Holmes tries this year have come because of Beale. Although this, I'm still tipping the Cowboys by 12, and Dogs by 1 in Golden Point. Can't wait. 

Each time I have watched the Roosters, I am slightly taken aback to see how well Sam Moa is playing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Waerea-Hargreaves, best prop of the league when he's on his day. He destroyed Paramatta single handedly. 

Napa and Evans are good but lack the go forward and intimidation level that JWH naturally has. Really hope to see him with NZ this year. Kasiano, JWH, Taupau, Taumalolo, Mannering? F*ck me...

Here's my fave shot of the Eto Nabuli try. Wow. If this isn't the best still shot of rugby league in 2015 so far I'm not sure what is.

11057606_10153559653052383_1467456564582

Shame that Nabuli seems to have left Rugby League for Rugby Union.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived