Sign in to follow this  
Barnaby Reddin

Crowd Watch week 6 of the 888's

The NRL shirts have become a thing. Its become a Marvel Superhero round. 

Leeds v Wigan happened 2 years ago and has been followed up with nothing. 

The NRL shirts have become a thing. Its become a Marvel Superhero round.

Leeds v Wigan happened 2 years ago and has been followed up with nothing.

why hasnt ru or soccer done it here.either? Completely different environment.

why hasnt ru or soccer done it here.either? Completely different environment.

it was you who asked why ignore the Leeds v Wigan game, we can ignore the Leeds v Wigan game because there is clear differences. 

I'd take some of that money back off them and centrally market SL games.......

How much would you take off the clubs??

How would you then market the game "centrally" are you talking expensive Radio and TV advertising??

What return on the cost would you expect?

Why do I not get marketed to by Leeds united and Leeds Carnegie as part of a collective advertisment urging me to see my local RU or Soccer club?? 

I can neither find any central marketing in the other codes that jumps out at me and  isn't paid for by their riches, nor can I agree with your gross assumption taking say 10% of SL's SKY income to run expensive advertising campaigns will lead to a nett profit in gate receipts.

Edited by The Parksider

I am not struggling. I am enjoying myself immensely. My central tenet is sound - these new games are better attended than the previous top 8 play offs - see above. I conclude this from more people attending this year than last. If I were to celebrate anything it would be how interesting the super 8s and the qualifiers have been as games.

Your central tenet is not flawed. The play off games are indeed more absorbing and better attended. I hope the SL semi finals throw up very big crowds as well as the MPG.

How much would you take off the clubs??

How would you then market the game "centrally" are you talking expensive Radio and TV advertising??

What return on the cost would you expect?

Why do I not get marketed to by Leeds united and Leeds Carnegie as part of a collective advertisment urging me to see my local RU or Soccer club??

I can neither find any central marketing in the other codes that jumps out at me and isn't paid for by their riches, nor can I agree with your gross assumption taking say 10% of SL's SKY income to run expensive advertising campaigns will lead to a nett profit in gate receipts.

Clever boy....claiming I said spend money on above the line TV and radio and then saying that united and Carnegie don't don't so i must be talking rubbish when in fact I never said anything of the sort.

It seems so. As do the NFL, NFL UK, Miami dolphins and Yorkshire County cricket. I must be particularly important.

Do the RFL ever market to you?

Absolutely bored of these threads with the same people banging each other over the head with the same arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....................... you get the picture?

I'm tempted to lock them on sight from now on.

I'm also going to invite the main protagonists to start posting under their real names from now on.