Eloi Pelissier is angry

Hvy wg

Guash is a very talented player, he was a real threat to all the england junior teams he played against, a good organizer and skillful, it's just his size that lets him down on defense,

He's only there because his dad is president but he does a good job in the french elite,

Must be tough bloke if he's willing to play in the middle against blokes twice his size!

In reply to some earlier posts regarding Toulouse or a second French Superleague/Championship team in general, I think that they would have an effect on the number of (quality) french players to play the game.  Ok, there has recently been an increased number of Frenchmen coming over to England (a couple at HKR, Springer at Cas, Bradford, Saints and Warrington signing some juniors) but if Toulouse were in the system who is to say that even more players would not be looking to make the step up to fully professional rugby.  There may not be the high quality at the beginning (that is not meant to be a dig at the current Elite level in France, I have no idea of the standard) but even if that is the case, with full time training, a proper youth set up, a professional behind-the-scenes well run club, the quality should increase within a few years, and looking at longer term, then would this not hopefully attract more youngsters to the game, who may go on the be the next Escare, Gigot or Pelissier.  

To be more relevant to this conversation, players like Pelissier would have an option to play for another club without having to cope with a huge change in culture and lifestyle.  I seem to remember one of our french contributors saying that recently a young french player was lost to union due to a dislike/fallout with Catalan Dragons.  Is it not a terrible situation that we lose a promising young player to the whole sport just because of a disagreement with a single club?!?!

Back on topic, I really hope that Pelissier can force his way into the starting line up, a big ask considering the competition but one which would really signal the rise of a start if he could do so.  On the other hand if he does not manage this I hope that an English (or NRL) club take a punt on him and he continues to progress his career.  you never know, maybe even in a years time after Toulouse storm Championship 1 he could become their big signing of the year to lead an assault on promotion to the SL.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Henderson, he's a very good hooker and runs his blood to water every game. Pelissier might be more explosive but that's because he works in short spells. Henderson does a lot of the hard work around the ruck that often goes unnoticed and he is at least the equal of Pelissier

I agree with you to a point DoubleD but I think the major problem is the short term thinking of Catalans. Henderson is what 32? Catalans should have been giving Pelissier progressively more game time each season so he was ready to be a long term replacement. I think he's played less this year than last year.

As a Wakefield fan I'm probably cutting my own throat here but I think a second French club is needed!

Surely the reason behind including Catalan was to help improve the French game by raising the profile of RL in France while also providing French players with an opportunity to play at a higher level. If Catalan continue down the road of signing overseas players then they're defeating part of the reasoning for their inclusion in the SL.

Beyond that, a second French Club would instantly start a local rivalry which if stoked up could see a mini boom in the popularity of the game, higher attendances, more media interest and more youngsters wanting to play Rugby League.

The new French club could position themselves as the real France representative by having more Frenchmen in their side but more importantly they could fuel the rivalry big style by boasting that Catalan aren't really French they're Basque, Catalonian or even Spanish.

The same ethos could be applied to a good extent in London, Rugby Leagues heartland clubs thrived on a local rivalry that isn't present in France and London.

"I seem to remember one of our french contributors saying that recently a young french player was lost to union due to a dislike/fallout with Catalan Dragons.  Is it not a terrible situation that we lose a promising young player to the whole sport just because of a disagreement with a single club?!?!"

Reported here that Mickaël Goudemand the forward who shone against the England Academy a few months back has returned to Avignon from Toulon Espoirs set-up. If so good news for either SOA/ Catalans Academy.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

"I seem to remember one of our french contributors saying that recently a young french player was lost to union due to a dislike/fallout with Catalan Dragons.  Is it not a terrible situation that we lose a promising young player to the whole sport just because of a disagreement with a single club?!?!"

Reported here that Mickaël Goudemand the forward who shone against the England Academy a few months back has returned to Avignon from Toulon Espoirs set-up. If so good news for either SOA/ Catalans Academy.

Merci beaucoup Audois.  Good to hear that he is back in the game.  I'm very grateful for your, and everyone else's, updates.  Fingers crossed he progresses and becomes a star for years to come.

i would willingly swap pellissier for herremaia, although i like azza but eloi would be a long term signing due to his age come on denis get the cheque book out after all we have a history of signing french players

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Shame Catalan wouldn't . Would cost a few quid alongside Herimia. If Catalan wanted him at all.

I'd happily swap Michael Channing for Kallum Watkins but can't see Leeds going for it.

just a figure of speech old chap no need to be sarcastic

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived