Watersheddings Memories (book)

Pigeon Lofter

Is this available anywhere??

I have (irregularly) typed the title into Google,but never been successful in tracking down a copy on Amazon,Abe Books,ebay etc. Can't visit "local" bookshops as I live on the South Coast.

Is there another source anywhere?

And if the book was so successful (as it clearly is),why didn't the publishers go for a reprint?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
On 9/14/2015 at 8:58 PM, Pigeon Lofter said:

Is this available anywhere??

I have (irregularly) typed the title into Google,but never been successful in tracking down a copy on Amazon,Abe Books,ebay etc. Can't visit "local" bookshops as I live on the South Coast.

Is there another source anywhere?

And if the book was so successful (as it clearly is),why didn't the publishers go for a reprint?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, clifford said:

It does come up on ebay from time to time if that helps 

you can set a search on eBay so that it alerts you when it become available.

I can help set it up, if you need help just shout.

13 hours ago, SINGE said:

you can set a search on eBay so that it alerts you when it become available.

I can help set it up, if you need help just shout.

Thanks! I've just done that,so will see what happens! 

Someone,somewhere,sometime will decide to sell their copy...surely?!

3 hours ago, Ex-scrumhalf said:

I'll try Waterstones and WH Smith's in Oldham for you and if it's in I'll get it for you and let you know.

Thanks!! I even thought about putting a classified ad in the Chronicle,but it seems to have closed down?

On 1/11/2018 at 9:47 PM, clifford said:

It does come up on ebay from time to time if that helps 

I'm on it! Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thanks! I've just done that,so will see what happens! 

Someone,somewhere,sometime will decide to sell their copy...surely?!

Thanks!! I even thought about putting a classified ad in the Chronicle,but it seems to have closed down?

I'm on it! Thanks.

That's right mate,no more Oldham chron.We now have the Oldham times,a new newspaper that was started up after the demise of the çhron.It's online if your interested.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Ex-scrumhalf said:

I'll try Waterstones and WH Smith's in Oldham for you and if it's in I'll get it for you and let you know.

Tried Waterstones and WH Smiths in Oldham today but unfortunately they have none left and Waterstones confirmed that it is out of print. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you

13 minutes ago, clifford said:

Smiths had two copies of the 50's book 

Try oldham library as they might sell an old copy 

They do from time to time 

If you mean the magic or myth book they do indeed have one or two in. There are also copies of Craig Halstead's books in as well

Hi folks

The Heritage trust still have copies of some of the books including the 'Kangaroos, Kiwis and ROUGHYEDS' and OLDHAM RLFC In the 1950s. MAGIC or MYTH etc. Sadly we haen't got Watersheddings Memories. There is still a chance we may do a version and out it in the Apple Bookshop later in the year, or similar.

If you want to support the trust we would gladly supply the books direct - message me if you want details.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Just a quick note on books - there is a superb book on the Oldham Players & Club from World War 1 coming out in September/October this year. We are hoping to run a patronage scheme on this - I will forward more details when the flyer is sorted.

Thanks all for your support

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Ex-scrumhalf said:

If you mean the magic or myth book they do indeed have one or two in. There are also copies of Craig Halstead's books in as well

I have been to Oldham Library today and they have five copies across the borough but none for sale. However they have just emailed me to tell me that the library service have a bookshop in the market hall that sells off old library books. I never knew that before and I go in there regularly. Unfortunately they don't keep records of books in there for sale electronically so they have advised me to call in and have a look. Next time I am up there I will call in.

On 1/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, ultimate roughyed said:

Hi PL.  I have a copy of the book if you would like to borrow it.

Regards

UR

Wow.....thank you....thats a fantastic offer!

I'll PM you some details.

If you can let me know a mailing address,I will send you cash for postage and an address label for myself,and get the book returned within a week.

If you don't want to post it,I have a brother living close to Rochdale who might be able to collect it on my behalf and then pass it on. An extra link in the chain,but less work for you.

Either way works for me.

PM will be sent tomorrow. Thanks again!!!

:clapping:

53 minutes ago, Roughyedz said:

On my phone but one has just been listed on E-Bay if you still want your own copy ? ?

It is item no. 362216895945

37 minutes ago, ultimate roughyed said:

Watersheddings Book

Here it is PL if you want to buy your own, still very welcome to borrow mine as well.

Thanks gentlemen!! Above and beyond the call of duty! Much appreciated.

I've joined the auction,so will see how it goes....hopefully,there won't be an avalanche of bidders.

The seller is in Sussex too....same as myself....I even might end up collecting it in person,which will be a strange turn of events!

On 18/01/2018 at 9:38 PM, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thanks gentlemen!! Above and beyond the call of duty! Much appreciated.

I've joined the auction,so will see how it goes....hopefully,there won't be an avalanche of bidders.

The seller is in Sussex too....same as myself....I even might end up collecting it in person,which will be a strange turn of events!

Let us know how you get on Lofty . . .  East Preston , so not far for you at all in fact, just down the road from Brighton in fact ...... 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Archived