Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

18 Sept: Super 8s - St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Jones in? A monster kick and a great take.

Edited by Futtocks

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're leading St Helens by less than a converted try, you're never safe 'til both teams are shaking hands.

I wonder when the last penalty for a voluntary tackle was ? See lots of guys flinging themselves to the floor nowadays.

It's not a voluntary tackle as soon as the defender places his hands on him

Awful desicions by Wigan in the last 5 minutes. Should have kept hold of the ball and wasted some time.

Well done Saints! Excellent win. I know the ref gave wigan a good few chances but I'm sure Wane will still place the blame on him in some way. #theyplayedtherefbetter

Well done Saints! Excellent win. I know the ref gave wigan a good few chances but I'm sure Wane will still place the blame on him in some way. #theyplayedtherefbetter

Surely that's a joke. Did you miss the first half?

Well, he didn't, but those are just facts, and while the RUWC is on, facts take a holiday... ;) 

Big question is who will finish top now. Wigan, Hudds and Leeds all have difficult games, saints play a poor warrington team.

Great game between two strong, passionate sides.

Very difficult to pick a Grand Final winner at present.

Or a league leader.

Well said Eddie. So please no crowd watch thread cause it's the same old s**te each week. If people don't want to watch the sport then it is their loss.

Fair play to Wane, it was a gracious interview.

Outstanding advert for our game tonight, even if there was too much moaning at the ref from both sides.

Big question is who will finish top now. Wigan, Hudds and Leeds all have difficult games, saints play a poor warrington team.

Aren't Saints about 60 points back in the difference? If Huddersfield beat Leeds or its a draw, Saints will need to win by 60 odd more than Huddersfield do.

Only just caught up with the game and the thread and just seen Wane's video (I can only imagine the number of draft enraged posts deleted after that :) ). I was surprised by how that panned out. Saints are very resilient especially at home so the onus is on us to win next week. No lack of motivation there and we certainly will have to take Cas very seriously.

Very well played Saints. - the team and the fans deserved to lap it up big style. Some fine English players there and it looked a great atmosphere.

For us, there was a lot to like and we can travel in considerable hope now we may not have any more away games (everything crossed). I thought that Williams again showed he is and will be top class and that Gildart has come a long way - with the ever entertaining Gelling becoming more liability than asset he's about our best bet at centre these days. Great to see Young British talent coming through.

The super 9a have been consistently breath taking. Wow!

Fair play to Wane, it was a gracious interview.

Outstanding advert for our game tonight, even if there was too much moaning at the ref from both sides.

Both coaches never mentioned the ref and that was refreshing.

I thought the ref played a blinder. There was nothing not to like about that game, 100% endeavour from both teams and great for us neutrals.