Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

24 Sept: Super 8s - St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm (TV)

what is the ref playing at?Why didnt he go to the video ref for it to be ruled out?? has he not read his instructions?

Four legs good - two legs bad

Well played Wire. Great end to the season and a great way to say goodbye to some wonderful players.

We love our game of Rugby League but things need to change, big time.

Well, how does that effect things?

Saints 4th unless Giants lose by a cricket score...still no idea who plays who

Who says the LLS doesn't matter?

Yes, he overly utilises that phrase.

I missed most of the first half. Within the first 2 minutes of the second half, Stevo had said 'stanza', 'utilise', 'outfit' and 'offload'. He has to go. I find him tiresome, boring, loud and far too opinionated, as well as a stereotype. There must be someone far better.

The LLS matters a very great deal, and I am delighted it's getting more prominence this year - with the Sky helicopter hovering over the Pennines...

Another superb game. Fabulous to see Wire playing so well - Hill is pure class. Currie will also be a superb player. I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed to see the real Asotasi step up at the last. Finally, on Wire, I know it has been written plenty of times, but what an inspiring effort by Penny to get himself back up to the highest level the hard way.

As for Saints, I was surprised how poor they were. Though maybe that was more reflective of their efforts throughout the super 8s than last week. 4th, though, gets them a golden ticket and they'll take some beating.

Good to see Wire sign off on a good note. I hope their fans on here feel suitably optimisitic for 2016 and their internationals do us proud against the Kiwis.

One of the best games I've seen this year. Been a very good spectacle.

Absolutely tremendous game to watch. It took a while getting there but the score was a fair reflection in the end.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Cunningham is an asshole.

Cant help himself with ref digs.

It's not a dig to say that Warrington slowed the ruck down more. It's part of the game. Part of slowing the ruck down more is being smart and playing to the referee. That's not a dig, that's a fact of life 

It's not a dig to say that Warrington slowed the ruck down more. It's part of the game. Part of slowing the ruck down more is being smart and playing to the referee. That's not a dig, that's a fact of life 

Thanks for the input, Kieren.

So do you not think that part of slowing down the ruck is playing the referee? 

I think there is evidently an awful lot wrong with the game, including deluded video refs, players who should behave better and coaches who should learn how to lose gracefully.  Your post is obfuscating the way your team has behaved in recent weeks, especially tonight.

I think there is evidently an awful lot wrong with the game, including deluded video refs, players who should behave better and coaches who should learn how to lose gracefully.  Your post is obfuscating the way your team has behaved in recent weeks, especially tonight.

So playing the referee is part of playing the game, and all Cunningham said was Warrington did it better than Saints (as well as other areas of the game). Talk about defensive on your part! 

So playing the referee is part of playing the game, and all Cunningham said was Warrington did it better than Saints (as well as other areas of the game). Talk about defensive on your part!

Wire controlled the ruck better, not the ref. Using the ref in it suggests something untoward.