Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

Boris looks like he's been dressed by a charity shop in Kensington, Corbyn looks like he's been dressed by a charity shop on a council estate slum.

God help us all if either of them ever gets to lead this country !

Is that your voting criteria?

99% of the drivel written about Corbyn was written in advance with a few chosen words from the speech added then published. In other words, editorialised opinion to suit the newspapers' owners opinion and barely a bit of actual news in it.

He's the Sam Burgess of politics!

It's well accepted that The Tory Party is the nasty party ,so after this week we can refer to The Labour Party led by Jeremy Corbyn as the Nice party the represents human decency ?

Are they really? don't make me laugh

A leader who classes Hamas, Hezbollah and Murdering #### like Adams and his sidekick McGuiness as his friends

A shadow chancellor who admires IRA murderers and wanted to assassinate an elected leader of her majesty government

A further cabinet member who's done time for Arson

Yeah really nice!!!

As for the rest of the shadow cabinet some are has beens, most are total rookies, one even admitted she'd never met JC when he appointed her, another had only been elected in May. And the Eagle sisters FFS :shout:

Scraping the Barrel springs to mind

As for the conference all the soundbytes and clichés are from 30 years ago, which were rejected then

Love how JC keeps referring to his mandate of 60% who voted for him, which is true but JC these were left wing labour voters and me and my like we wanted you to win, 40% didn't want him.

He's already backtracked on his EU and NATO withdrawal and now his Anti Trident statement is against most of his cabinet, no wonder they didn't want to debate it in Brighton.

Heard John Pienaar today questioning him about not using the deterrent,seems like JC thinks he can talk the others round

Fun times ahead Cant Wait

Are they really? don't make me laugh

A leader who classes Hamas, Hezbollah and Murdering #### like Adams and his sidekick McGuiness as his friends

A shadow chancellor who admires IRA murderers and wanted to assassinate an elected leader of her majesty government

A further cabinet member who's done time for Arson

Yeah really nice!!!

As for the rest of the shadow cabinet some are has beens, most are total rookies, one even admitted she'd never met JC when he appointed her, another had only been elected in May. And the Eagle sisters FFS :shout:

Scraping the Barrel springs to mind

As for the conference all the soundbytes and clichés are from 30 years ago, which were rejected then

Love how JC keeps referring to his mandate of 60% who voted for him, which is true but JC these were left wing labour voters and me and my like we wanted you to win, 40% didn't want him.

He's already backtracked on his EU and NATO withdrawal and now his Anti Trident statement is against most of his cabinet, no wonder they didn't want to debate it in Brighton.

Heard John Pienaar today questioning him about not using the deterrent,seems like JC thinks he can talk the others round

Fun times ahead Cant Wait

A bit of whataboutism here but what the heck, the right wing of the tory party has long links with the orange order and various loyalist paramilitary groups can I invite you to condemn them?

Edited by Phil

They are not only in good company, they got there before the others who took credit. People like Corbyn and McDonnell started the talking that paved the way for Major, Blair, Mowlam etc. The set the foundations of the NI peace process.  Eventually, people will come to realise that talking is the only way to solve problems in Palestine and the wider Middle East too because it's fairly evident that armed conflict isn't getting anyone anywhere.

yasser-arafat-and-john-major-in-1993-lon

article-2733768-20C9813500000578-745_634

image.jpg

They are not only in good company, they got there before the others who took credit. People like Corbyn and McDonnell started the talking that paved the way for Major, Blair, Mowlam etc. The set the foundations of the NI peace process.  Eventually, people will come to realise that talking is the only way to solve problems in Palestine and the wider Middle East too because it's fairly evident that armed conflict isn't getting anyone anywhere.

yasser-arafat-and-john-major-in-1993-lon

article-2733768-20C9813500000578-745_634

image.jpg

That really is delusional.

If they had been talking to both sides in those disputes your theory might have some legs.

The truth is they were taking sides, showing sympathy to terrorists, and by doing so were putting lives in danger but without having to suffer any of the consequences themselves.

That is very different to what politicians or even the Queen was doing.

they got there before the others who took credit. People like Corbyn and McDonnell started the talking that paved the way for Major, Blair, Mowlam etc. The set the foundations of the NI peace process.  

Peace is about dialogue with BOTH sides, all these 2 did was criticise the westminster polcies and publically support Sinn Fein and the IRA when they were killing civilians

"when they were killing civilians"

as they did to my son-in-law's brother.   Tells us all we need to know, eh. Weary.

Edited by JohnM

"when they were killing civilians"

as they did to my son-in-law's brother.   Tells us all we need to know, eh. Weary.

Both sides were killing civilians.  The UVA and UVF were at one time killing Catholics indiscriminately simply for being Catholics.  The government (both parties) were talking to the IRA in secret most of the time. You've got to start somewhere.  If we're gong to start a round of "whataboutery" the Duke of Edinburgh's sisters were married to SS men, one of them even called their child Adolph.

how about I introduce you to me son-in-law and you can try to explain it all to him.

how about I introduce you to me son-in-law and you can try to explain it all to him.

So, would you propose that we never talked to them and the Irish troubles were still going on, more innocent people were dying to bombs and outright terrorism?  I say this as someone who lost a good friend to the IRA in service and another who killed himself due to PTSD from seeing that friend die.  Sometimes you need to talk to evil people for the greater good of stopping more deaths. 

Take the current Syrian situation, if Assad signed a proclamation that he'd abide by every UN Human Rights Committee guideline in return for amnesty then I'd be tempted to sign simply to help protect the future.  Better the devil you know with a reason for behaving than the devil you don't who won't.

So, would you propose that we never talked to them and the Irish troubles were still going on, more innocent people were dying to bombs and outright terrorism?

Misrepresentation. Where did I say or imply that? My son in law was executed by the IRA in cold blood so to have Jezza and his mate and his supporters on here proposing awards for the IRA is a bit hard to take.

Obviously there was atrocities from both sides no one is denying that, what is repugnant is that JC invites his "friends" over to Westminster 3 weeks after the Brighton bomb and continues to befriend nasty evil Arab murderers, whilst honouring other IRA butchers with memorial plaques in London recently.

I've no doubt the British government were in "private" talks with Sinn Fein but that is what they were private, so as not to give any publicity to the Sucm.(will this beat the swear filter).

And then to appoint McDonnell to any position just beggars believe after his famous statement:-

"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle.

"It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.

"The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA."

He later told the Sun: "The deaths of innocent civilians in IRA attacks is a real tragedy, but it was as a result of British occupation in Ireland.

"Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process."

Disgusting and yes I heard his so called apology/justification on Question Time which was a joke

As for WR photos interesting that both Major and the Queen ain't smiling unlike the creep McGuiness

A bit of whataboutism here but what the heck, the right wing of the tory party has long links with the orange order and various loyalist paramilitary groups can I invite you to condemn them?

Links maybe but buddies and honouring them No

But I will condemn terrorists of any side

As it happens my son in law served in NI too.  The question has to be asked Why were they there?  The majority of the population of Ireland didn't want them there.  Northern Ireland is an anachronism.  An enclave on the island of Ireland.  Gerrymandered to keep it protestant.  

If we're gong to start a round of "whataboutery" the Duke of Edinburgh's sisters were married to SS men, one of them even called their child Adolph.

WTF so he's got to tell his sisters who to marry?

Did he invite them to the palace?

You are getting desperate now

Anymore misinformation/lies/bull you can find?

As it happens my son in law served in NI too.  The question has to be asked Why were they there?  The majority of the population of Ireland didn't want them there.  Northern Ireland is an anachronism.  An enclave on the island of Ireland.  Gerrymandered to keep it protestant.  

I presume you want to give the Falklands to Argentina like your messiah does?

WTF so he's got to tell his sisters who to marry?

Did he invite them to the palace?

You are getting desperate now

Anymore misinformation/lies/bull you can find?

Plenty on your behalf where NI is concerned.  The Ulster Unionists weren't just "buddies" of the Tories, they actually sat in the Commons as Tories up to 1972.  This at a time when the "B Specials" (basically NI version of the KKK) were knocking seven bells out of anyone who questioned the Orange Order's divine right to rule.  It was (maybe still is) The Conservative and Unionist Party.

I presume you want to give the Falklands to Argentina like your messiah does?

Not if the majority of those living on the islands don't want it, no.  That stipulation doesn't apply to the island of Ireland.

Plenty on your behalf where NI is concerned.  The Ulster Unionists weren't just "buddies" of the Tories, they actually sat in the Commons as Tories up to 1972.  

Their unionists not republicans so they sit with the party that defends their principles, fact is if I don't like a political situation I don't murder 2 young kids in Warrington and so on

Their unionists not republicans so they sit with the party that defends their principles, fact is if I don't like a political situation I don't murder 2 young kids in Warrington and so on

No you slaughter a peaceful civil rights march in Derry.  As I said they didn't just sit with the Tories they sat as Tories.

No you slaughter a peaceful civil rights march in Derry.  As I said they didn't just sit with the Tories they sat as Tories.

Who did that?

I know the IRA murdered Jonathan Ball (AGED 3) and Tim Parry (AGED 12)

Two wrongs but come on kids

As it happens my son in law served in NI too. The question has to be asked Why were they there? The majority of the population of Ireland didn't want them there. Northern Ireland is an anachronism. An enclave on the island of Ireland. Gerrymandered to keep it protestant.

nonsense

He was there because as an innocent civilian he was born there , brougth up there, lived there, like the rest of his family.. then executed there by Jezza's heros.

Edited by JohnM

no one is pretending that reform wasnt necessary and that both sides did terrible things and that certain of these things had to be overlooked in the quest for peace, but once again, your desperate dodging and weaving to stay loyal to Jexzza dont do you any credit...not that you really care.

I swear this was a thread about Labour.

Anyway, they've dropped Corbyn's absolute commitment to scrapping tuition fees.