Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

Class war, Russians … sounds right out of the Corbyn playbook.

I'm no Corbyn fan, but there's a world of difference between this crackpot and Corbyn.

17 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

I'm no Corbyn fan, but there's a world of difference between this crackpot and Corbyn.

Not to me there isn't.  They are both crackpots.  They just express their crackpotism in slightly different ways.

1 hour ago, shrek said:

Ian Bone's tweets

Is that who was used as evidence of something? That's a new low point.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is that who was used as evidence of something? That's a new low point.

Eh?

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Not to me there isn't.  They are both crackpots.  They just express their crackpotism in slightly different ways.

Bit like Thatcher and Hitler eh? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Bit like Thatcher and Hitler eh? 

Blimey, that was a quick example of Godwin's Law even by leftie standards!

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

Well I just thought, why not? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Whereas Corbyn doesnt?  😀😀😀😀😀 more tax for "the rich",  write off student loans, natonalise the railways, etc etc etc all designed to win votes even though these "policies" can never be implemented even if Corbyn ever came to power. Hes no different to Boris, especilayy in bed -ask Diane Abbot!  😲😲😲😆😆😆

I think Corbyn is an idealogue, who believes he and his side are right and everyone against them is therefore wrong. 

Johnson is not into racism, but will happily say racist things to get votes, regardless of what the results are.

The track record of ideologues is actually worse historically. 

5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

To be fair, it was pointing out ludicrous comparisons.  It is a pretty fair use.

On 8/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

not sure this is 100% about antisemitism tbh.  

I don't think anyone cares about what it's really all about at all.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Well I just thought, why not? 

Might as well, everyone else does.

6 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I think Corbyn is an idealogue, who believes he and his side are right and everyone against them is therefore wrong. 

Johnson is not into racism, but will happily say racist things to get votes, regardless of what the results are.

The track record of ideologues is actually worse historically. 

I think everyone is an ideologue and if you take that as a measure it's the democratic ones who've fared worse. The Royalist ideologues have done well in the UK, for saying.

Your analysis of Johnson is pretty accurate for mine but using things like racism as means to an end makes for racist,  in the same way you can't be a bit pregnant.

12 minutes ago, ckn said:

That all looks nice  , but all I’m bothered about is are they any good and effective ! I feel labour under Corbyn can be to preoccupied with the perception and box ticking - getting women all round him at PMQS etc - but challenging the government with the best spokespeople is really all that matters . Some labour frontbenchers I’ve heard have been really terrible . I feel s lot of the best people are on the back benches and out in the cold as they’re off message or not Corbyn cheerleaders . Yvette Cooper etc who is outstanding in holding the tories to account 

Edited by DavidM

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That all looks nice  , but all I’m bothered about is are they any good and effective ! I feel labour under Corbyn can be to preoccupied with the perception and box ticking - getting women all round him at PMQS etc - but challenging the government with the best spokespeople is really all that matters . Some labour frontbenchers I’ve heard have been really terrible . I feel s lot of the best people are on the back benches and out in the cold as they’re off message or not Corbyn cheerleaders . Yvette Cooper etc who is outstanding in holding the tories to account 

But they're an equal and diverse bunch of z-listers!

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

But they're an equal and diverse bunch of z-listers!

Indeed . And it’s the old ‘ leader looks better ‘ - and with this guy they’d have to be really poor !

Must be someone else that can be included, someone who passed JC the salt one lunch time? A person who saw him from a taxi?  Stayed in the same hotel in Benidorm?

It's all very social media this stuff!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, westlondonfan said:

One misrepresentation after another.

OK perhaps you can at least, substantiate your claim that “Stalin killed more people than Hitler!”?

seriously?

You are asking me to prove an historical accepted statement?

Unbelievable!

3 hours ago, Cherry and White said:

i must have missed this, seen nothing on the BBC or in the press ...

It is odd the way association by choice with racists barely gets a ripple but association by convoluted route to a possibility makes you just a big racist, isn't it?

Mind you with aunty we are talking about the same institution who in the middle of the RL text places Saturday's Premiership team news so although not surprising it is very telling.

There again  "Teflon is a Racist"  is a dog bites man story and headline so maybe they're correct!

A bit like middle of the road ideologue attacks Jeremy Corbyn on forum, hardly the stuff of Pulitzer investigative journalistic dreams is it?

Edited by Oxford

6 hours ago, kiyan said:

seriously?

You are asking me to prove an historical accepted statement?

Unbelievable!

You actually can back this up.

You have a history of making statements that turn out to be fiction.  Here is one where you can actually back up that your statement and truth overlap.

I do not understand why you do not snap it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

I do not understand why you do not snap it up.

You do really though don't you Bob?

Come on ..." an accepted historical fact "  which is funny and tragic at the same time in itself, about which fascist killed more people Flim or Flam?

Okay I'm game you count the minorities of the Third Reich and I'll do the imagined opponents of Uncle Joe ........ 1    2    3    4  come on Bob keep up! 5 6 7 8

33 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Yep . Not much on the BBC about it. How odd.

Sometimes it's when our media says nothing that speaks volumes. Look for it tucked away on late night BBC 3 at best if I were you.

If I were to write a book "anti-Semitism for Beginners" this, the Jews are secretly controling everything, trope from Mark Serwotka  would be chapter 1:

Union leader suggests Israel 'created' anti-Semitism row

This is straight "I'm not a racist but":

The Independent reported that Mr Serwokta had told an event organised by the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign at the TUC this week that there was no place for anti-Semitism in the Labour movement...

..."Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'll tell you what - one of the best forms of trying to hide from the atrocities that you are committing is to go on the offensive and to actually create a story that does not exist for people on this platform, the trade union movement or, I have to say, for the leader of the Labour Party,"...

Edited by Griff9of13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, ckn said:

Not really.  There is now a pro-remain, less conservative (if at all conservative; I don't know) new editor in charge.  I expect there will be lots of changes in the Mail's tone and content, and probably a drop in their readership as a result.

6 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Not really.  There is now a pro-remain, less conservative (if at all conservative; I don't know) new editor in charge.  I expect there will be lots of changes in the Mail's tone and content, and probably a drop in their readership as a result.

Let's hope you're right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1