Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Not really.  There is now a pro-remain, less conservative (if at all conservative; I don't know) new editor in charge.  I expect there will be lots of changes in the Mail's tone and content, and probably a drop in their readership as a result.

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Let's hope you're right.

It looks as though you might be on to something. And looking at the comments (I know, I know) it would seem that the new direction isn't exactly winning over all of the readers: Rees-Mogg’s hard Brexit group is being probed over a secret bank account: Commons watchdog concerned Tory set is 'misusing public funds' to support its campaign to crush May's Chequers plan

:lol:

If I were to write a book "anti-Semitism for Beginners" this, the Jews are secretly controling everything, trope from Mark Serwotka  would be chapter 1:

Union leader suggests Israel 'created' anti-Semitism row

This is straight "I'm not a racist but":

Any don't believe any of the usual anti Semitic tripe you see on the extreme fringes of politics. Having said that if you don't believe the Israeli Government isn't laughing up it's collective sleeve at recent events in the Labour Party you must be pretty new to politics.

They hate Corbyn with a vengeance and they would be really pleased if he was removed and a more pliant, pro Israel, leader installed in his place.

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any don't believe any of the usual anti Semitic tripe you see on the extreme fringes of politics. Having said that if you don't believe the Israeli Government isn't laughing up it's collective sleeve at recent events in the Labour Party you must be pretty new to politics.

They hate Corbyn with a vengeance and they would be really pleased if he was removed and a more pliant, pro Israel, leader installed in his place.

I see you dodge the fact that this is yet more clear evidence (despite your constant claims that none exists) of anti-Semitism at the heart of the current Labour party establishment.

And yes, of course those who dislike Labour will be pleased that Labour continues to shoot itself in the foot as far as AS is concerned, but the Labour leadership have no one but themselves to blame; it's no one else's fault but theirs that leading Labour figures keep spewing out their clearly anti-Semitic views.

3 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

I see you dodge the fact that this is yet more clear evidence (despite your constant claims that none exists) of anti-Semitism at the heart of the current Labour party establishment.

And yes, of course those who dislike Labour will be pleased that Labour continues to shoot itself in the foot as far as AS is concerned, but the Labour leadership have no one but themselves to blame; it's no one else's fault but theirs that leading Labour figures keep spewing out their clearly anti-Semitic views.

What's anti Semitic about suggesting the Israeli Government might have more than a passing interest in the leadership of the Labour Party ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

When I was in secondary school, as part of GCSE History, we had to study a contemporary conflict.  Studying the Northern Ireland conflict probably made sense, it being a Catholic school in the UK, but as two-thirds were Catholic kids, it was rather quickly decided that there was a good and bad side. 

This is expected of teenagers.  Going into that class, it would have seemed horribly anti-Protestant. 

No-one was actually an anti-racist Protestant (to those about to make an oh, so, clever point that you cannot be racist against a religion, I refer you to the topic we are discussing (and, **** off).  But, there was very blinkered thinking that overlooked that most of our friends and communities were Protestant.  But, "prod" was a purely perjoritive term.

That is, I think, comparable to what is happening in the minds of those Corbyn fans who are saying the worst things.  Not quite racism, but insensitive and blinkered.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What's anti Semitic about suggesting the Israeli Government might have more than a passing interest in the leadership of the Labour Party ?

I think I addressed that in the first post that you responded to; I could explain it again, but I it's not my job to understand it for you. <_<

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

That is, I think, comparable to what is happening in the minds of those Corbyn fans who are saying the worst things.  Not quite racism, but insensitive and blinkered.

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Edited by Griff9of13
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Yes.

But, to me this looks like a goose.  Which is not a big difference, but pointing out how much it looks like a water based, beaked bird is not going to change my mind.

4 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

If I were to write a book "anti-Semitism for Beginners" this, the Jews are secretly controling everything, trope from Mark Serwotka  would be chapter 1:

Now Griff this is not evidence of what you say it is

The suggestion that institutions and the Government of Israel may be behind some of the attacks on JC and the Labour Party is not Antisemitic.

It doesn't become antisemitic cos you want it to or think it does.

You need to demonstrate how it's antisemitic otherwise it's just an opinion which will be as valid as the one you quote and just as likely to be correct or incorrect.

It is fairly normal for governments to get up to jiggery pokery to further their own interests using all sorts of agendas, processes, institutions and proxy groups to do so. It would almost be a bit weird if they didn't.

But your argument can be counterbalanced simply, " I feel you're being antisemitic by insisting the Israeli government isn't competent enough to form strategies like this, your insistence that they couldn't possibly be involved in any way using this quote is tantamount to saying Jews are victims and can't manage to defend themselves."  So really you're just a big antisemitic racist! Do I need an emoji here to say this demonstration is very much tongue in cheek Griff however serious the issues involved?

Edited by Oxford

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

if you don't believe the Israeli Government isn't laughing up it's collective sleeve at recent events in the Labour Party you must be pretty new to politics.

Nah, just biased for Telfon or against JC or both whilst they moan about imaginary antisemitic dragons and form an unholy alliance they all seem extremely comfortable with.

More evidence that's all.

Edited by Oxford

37 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Nah, just biased for Telfon or against JC or both whilst they moan about imaginary antisemitic dragons and form an unholy alliance they all seem extremely comfortable with.

More evidence that's all.

Another of the "I'm not a racist but" club I see.

• Like 1

Another of the "I'm not a racist but" club I see.

Another "I'll make stuff up if I can't find any evidence" Club I see.

This sort of thing serves no purpose Griff.

And your lack of evidence or proof is no more a smoking gun than it is a duck.

By the way a Saudi saying for you "The son of a duck is a floater!"

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In this case it's a dead duck.

But it serves the purpose of doing the Teflon's job for them which is the essential role of the middle for diddles when all is said and done.

As a member of the PCS I would much prefer the General Secretary comment and concentrate  on issues such as low pay and failure to treat racism by Government management.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, Bob8 said:

You actually can back this up.

You have a history of making statements that turn out to be fiction.  Here is one where you can actually back up that your statement and truth overlap.

I do not understand why you do not snap it up.

Another Trump tactic - accuse me of making things up, yet offer no evidence for your claim.

If you are going to accuse me of making stuff up at least quote what you think you refer to0.

Otherwise you are just shouting "FAKE NEWS" and your buddies think you are right.

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I've said previously its Corbyn's advisors that I have most issues with -

On a side note, his world view seems to match Walter.... !

Would you surround yourself with those types of advisors if you weren’t of similar mind and thought? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

In October last year Ms Bailey told the BBC she had been told by a senior party official that reporting what happened to her could "damage" her and that she was given no advice on what she should do next.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45550003

Pretty damn horrible and believable. 

Wonder if this means we may have a leader of the opposition capable of opposing the government in the foreseeable?

16 hours ago, JohnM said:

In October last year Ms Bailey told the BBC she had been told by a senior party official that reporting what happened to her could "damage" her and that she was given no advice on what she should do next.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45550003

What does she need advice for ? She's old enough to know she should have gone straight to the police with her complaint.

That's the spirit! Makes you wonder why The Party has a process. 

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What does she need advice for ? She's old enough to know she should have gone straight to the police with her complaint.

Jesus Christ.