Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

28 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I take it he's not a fan of Jeremy?

I doubt that Jeremy is much of a fan of Peter Hain. Unlike Jeremy Peter Hain was an effective campaigner. As a teenager he played a major role in disrupting and eventually stopping cricket and RU tours to the UK by South African teams and later in the seventies started the Anti Nazi League.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jasper said:

"I am very disturbed by the investigation,

image.png.d02f2a474326812ee1af4209109932b4.png

I don't underestimate nor try to dismiss the idea that antisemitism is s problem, but the whole thing from start to finish has tried to target rather than answer or even ask the questions that need to be there. Some are content to fan the flames, others just enjoying the bonfire, but the rest are bringing kindling.

It was hard to argue a case that you were wholly against any form of antisemitism, and stand united behind all this when the prejudice was a side issue to burning Jeremy.

Making antisemitism into this, putting it there well ..... I'll leave that for you to decide.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, Phil said:

FFAD653E-2D89-4632-904A-F5EA02F23215.jpeg

Is "Rachael" still begging for money to fund her dwp appeal which has been going on for years now? The number of cretins taken in by "her" is quite outstanding, unfortunately we also allow them to vote.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I've seen that Rachel sponging for money on Twitter. 

Well, she's got to get her money from somewhere as she's "never done a days work". 

_20181110_004516.JPG

• Like 2

If taken at face value, her and possibly her husband as is often suggested, have built up a substantial Twitter following, they run a slick barrage of tweets each and every day which is well planned according to one interview I read.

So the thing I've never understood is, why people are not beating a path to her door, either political parties/figures looking to improve there social media impact or companies, they can't all be put off by her politics.  There can't be many managed to get such a substantial following on Twitter from the comfort of there own kitchen without already being a celebrity.

Something about this account and being unemployed just doesn't ring true with me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gswan said:

Is "Rachael" still begging for money to fund her dwp appeal which has been going on for years now? The number of cretins taken in by "her" is quite outstanding, unfortunately we also allow them to vote.

I’m neither bothered nor interested in her dwp appeal or whether she’s ever worked or not.

You need to find out what “ad hominem” means 

48 minutes ago, shrek said:

If taken at face value, her and possibly her husband as is often suggested, have built up a substantial Twitter following, they run a slick barrage of tweets each and every day which is well planned according to one interview I read.

Probably this one -

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/heres-the-woman-behind-britains-most-divisive-twitter

• Thanks 1

He's just a big racist, you know ...

Banksy's Latest pro-Palestine Stunt Sparks Spat With Top Israeli Art Collector

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/.premium-banksy-s-latest-pro-palestine-stunt-sparks-spat-with-top-israeli-art-collector-1.6637712

Fancy getting your knickers in a twist over the jacket someone wears in the middle of November, rather than the fact there are ex-military personnel sleeping rough. It just about sums up the right these days.

9 minutes ago, Mark S said:

rather than the fact there are ex-military personnel sleeping rough.

Yes turning up at the Cenotaph to remember heroes whilst ignoring those who served and ended up living in the street.

Time for a "people living on the street have always been around and always will be" post I think.

16 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Fancy getting your knickers in a twist over the jacket someone wears in the middle of November, rather than the fact there are ex-military personnel sleeping rough. It just about sums up the right these days.

I just think he's a scruffy old man, he'd probably turn up to a close family funeral wearing exactly the same and think it was perfectly acceptable.  It's what's in his intent that's important rather than the clothes he wears and he's shown nothing but respect for the day in the best way he can.

That said, I know judging folk on their dress sense is daft but it's just another thing that makes people think he's not got it to be the leader of the country.

It's also just as unfair to point out rough sleepers on a day like today.  That's not what today was about.  Ex-military rough sleepers have been ignored for generations and the politicians refuse to fix it.  Also, the day Corbyn shows the first hint of genuine empathy for them that's better than the Tories in charge then I'll think better of him, until then, he's just another politician who looks down his nose at the military, joining probably 95%-98% of the other MPs in the Commons.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I genuinely don’t believe a word of that.

Its getting to the point where people (both sides) will have to start acting rather than talk and deferment. 

4 hours ago, Mark S said:

It's about respect.  He's not poor.  He could have easily worn a suit with a smart coat.  He could have shown some respect for the occasion.  Nobody was asking a homeless person to wear a suit and smart coat.

5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

It's about respect. 

And that's about turning up and showing respect and remembering not about the clothes you wear. And in all the posts you have put in this is the pits of pathetic. You have seen an opportunity to score using the pretense of respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

And that's about turning up and showing respect and remembering not about the clothes you wear. And in all the posts you have put in this is the pits of pathetic. You have seen an opportunity to score using the pretense of respect.

Based on that post alone you are not in a position to comment upon respect as you clearly have no understanding of what the word means.

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

Based on that post alone you are not in a position to comment upon respect as you clearly have no understanding of what the word means. 

Coming from the person who used veterans and the dead to score a point I consider that a compliment.

Sadly it seems that for some 'remembrance' is becoming little more than a point scoring/photo opportunity.

Those people should be ashamed of themselves but the reality is that next year they will be trying to 'out do' this year.

It's embarrassing and a stain on the memory of those who died.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Coming from the person who used veterans and the dead to score a point I consider that a compliment.

And when did I do that?

2 hours ago, Saintslass said:

It's about respect.  He's not poor.  He could have easily worn a suit with a smart coat.  He could have shown some respect for the occasion.  Nobody was asking a homeless person to wear a suit and smart coat.

It’s not supposed to be a fashion parade

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

And when did I do that?

Oh never!

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s not supposed to be a fashion parade

No. So why didn't Corbyn wear a suit and tie then?  Or is a suit and tie the height of fashion in your household?