Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

52 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Oh never!

Well yes, I know that but you accused me of using veterans and the dead to 'score' a point.  Since you accused me of something I know not to be true, the onus is upon you to prove otherwise.

Just now, Saintslass said:

No. So why didn't Corbyn wear a suit and tie then?  Or is a suit and tie the height of fashion in your household?

His attendance, his demeanour and his bearing were all respectful.

what I choose to wear or not wear is none of your or anybody on the forum’s business 

While the vast majority of us are remembering the sacrifices of millions a few pathetic right wingers want to get upset over Corbyn’s ###### jacket.

pathetic and shameful 

Edited by Phil

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

His attendance, his demeanour and his bearing were all respectful.

what I choose to wear or not wear is none of your or anybody on the forum’s business 

I didn't say your apparel was any of our business.  We were talking about Corbyn's scruffy outfit.  Wearing your allotment clothes to a sombre and serious occasion of considerable significance when you are a public figure hoping to achieve national office isn't a mark of respect; it is a mark of disdain.  

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

I didn't say your apparel was any of our business.  

Then why even mention it? 

Just now, Phil said:

While the vast majority of us are remembering the sacrifices of millions a few pathetic right wingers want to get upset over Corbyn’s ###### jacket.

pathetic and shameful 

Right, so because some of us thought he showed a lack of respect by turning out in his allotment gear, we weren't actually thinking of the millions who gave their lives for us, for precisely the kind of freedom that allows us to criticise him for turning up to such an occasion in his allotment gear?  Corbyn followers really are myopic.

Anyway, enough of this topic.

13 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

No. So why didn't Corbyn wear a suit and tie then?  Or is a suit and tie the height of fashion in your household?

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

You raised the issue of fashion; I didn't.

Wrong again 

I'd rather most politicians didn't turn out at all. What they wear is irrelevant. What they did/do is what is important and they tend to be the ones who send people to their death in many of the wars that are fought.

I'm no fan of Corbyn but the rabid attacks on him are quite ridiculous at times.

• Like 3

Can't stand Corbyn or his apostles but he didn't do too much wrong today. Not a day for nitpicking IMO.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Can't stand Corbyn or his apostles but he didn't do too much wrong today. Not a day for nitpicking IMO.

Indeed.

He is ###### as a politician and how he dressed showed that.  Him as a person is another matter (I write that as a critic).

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

One thought on this was that it was a deliberate choice. Since the Foot “donkey jacket” daftness, Labour’s media teams have made sure no Labour leader is anything other than immaculate. Even the current rubbish lot would have known anything but a sober black overcoat would be criticised. So, maybe it’s a deliberate act to sow further dissention. 

8 hours ago, ckn said:

One thought on this was that it was a deliberate choice. Since the Foot “donkey jacket” daftness, Labour’s media teams have made sure no Labour leader is anything other than immaculate. Even the current rubbish lot would have known anything but a sober black overcoat would be criticised. So, maybe it’s a deliberate act to sow further dissention. 

Perhaps they looked at the polls yesterday and thought they had to do something to check popularity!  I stand by the theory the last thing him and his advisors want to do is actually win an election!

Something to ponder for the anti Blair block. This is what an effective Labour government that manages to gain office in the first place looks like:

• Thanks 1

image.png

He does have a proper overcoat, makes me more likely to believe it was a deliberate choice.

1 minute ago, ckn said:

image.png

He does have a proper overcoat, makes me more likely to believe it was a deliberate choice.

Why though? What does he gain?

Just now, Griff9of13 said:

Free publicity and "oh poor Jezza, they're all picking on him again".  It's a call to his fluffers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Free publicity and "oh poor Jezza, they're all picking on him again".  It's a call to his fluffers.

If in order to be considered a leader you first need to portray yourself as a victim then you're not much of a leader are you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

Maybe he’s just a massive t*t...

I tend to to agree with Saintslass’ assertion on this topic; Corbyn should look the part. For me, it’s called leadership and setting the example. And how you look is important. Not physically of course as nobody can control that. But you can control how you are dressed; especially at big formal national events. The military personnel and veterans on parade will have spent ages prepping their kit to look their best. For a potential Prime Minister to rock up looking like he’d made a half-arsed effort is not the message you want to be portraying to those you want to lead; even more so at such a symbolic national event.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Maybe he’s just a massive t*t...

I tend to to agree with Saintslass’ assertion on this topic; Corbyn should look the part. For me, it’s called leadership and setting the example. And how you look is important. Not physically of course as nobody can control that. But you can control how you are dressed; especially at big formal national events. The military personnel and veterans on parade will have spent ages prepping their kit to look their best. For a potential Prime Minister to rock up looking like he’d made a half-arsed effort is not the message you want to be portraying to those you want to lead; even more so at such a symbolic national event.

Must agree . Look the part , it’s just the right thing to do even as a perception . And you save getting even more flak which can be avoided .

9 hours ago, shrek said:

Perhaps they looked at the polls yesterday and thought they had to do something to check popularity!  I stand by the theory the last thing him and his advisors want to do is actually win an election!

Depends which poll:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-)

LAB: 37% (-2)

LDEM: 8% (+1)

UKIP: 4% (-1)

GRN: 4% (+2)

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Nov Chgs. w/ 30 Oct

Burn him at the stake save all the fuss!

22 hours ago, Phil said:

pathetic and shameful  

Well said Phil!

54 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Depends which poll:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-)

LAB: 37% (-2)

LDEM: 8% (+1)

UKIP: 4% (-1)

GRN: 4% (+2)

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Nov Chgs. w/ 30 Oct

The polls have been consistently about perfect for the Tories; high enough to offer enough of a threat of a possible Corbyn government for May to keep all but the most barmy of her party in line. Not so high as to be an overwhelming threat. Not so low that Labour have no option but to dump him.

And, as Shrek says, it may suit Corbyn as he's close enough to be the gallant loser. Again.

• Like 1

Are these companies still doing polls on politics ? Can’t knock them back ! They’ll get it right one day

Edited by DavidM