Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

AOL run a 'Poll of the day', today it is

If there was a general election  tomorrow, which party would you vote for?

It shows

Conservative 41%

Ukip 26%

Labour 21%

Lib Dem 4%

Others 8%

Total Voters 17,593

Is this good news for Labour or not, bearing in mind the bashing Jezza has taken in the media recently.

I suspect it's an indication of the sort of people who still use AOL as an ISP, or indeed go anywhere near AOL at all. Frankly, I am surprised they still exists at all, I assumed they'd gone belly up years ago.

That's an outlier compared to the recent ones on UK Polling Report.

(With all the caveats about opinion polls)

What did the Polling Report state?

I have no doubt that privately the whole of the Labour party loves the Tories having it stuck to them irrespective of the manner in which it is done.

As a member of the Labour Party myself, I have no doubt that you are wrong.

Indeed, though I did not vote for Jeremy Corbyn to be the leader, I have been impressed by the stance he has taken in not indulging in personal insults, despite being on the receiving end of many himself, not least from the Prime Minister who has shown a complete lack of class in that regard.

Do not judge an entire political party by the stupid actions of a pathetic handful of egg-throwing, spitting goons at a demo who probably aren't even members of it in the first place.

Indeed, though I did not vote for Jeremy Corbyn to be the leader, I have been impressed by the stance he has taken in not indulging in personal insults, despite being on the receiving end of many himself, not least from the Prime Minister who has shown a complete lack of class in that regard.

Do not judge an entire political party by the stupid actions of a pathetic handful of egg-throwing, spitting goons at a demo who probably aren't even members of it in the first place.

I'd say it's almost certain that those who indulge in such behaviour are not members of the Labour, or any main stream, party.

the abusive behaviour we saw from the demonstrators in Manchester.

this?:

3500.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Edited by chuffer

this?:

3500.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

For all the fuss in the media about the protests and abuse this is the only photo I've seen, so by the looks of it just one idiot out of thousands (not that I'm in any way condoning such behaviour, it's completely negative and doesn't help in anyway).

For all the fuss in the media about the protests and abuse this is the only photo I've seen, so by the looks of it just one idiot out of thousands (not that I'm in any way condoning such behaviour, it's completely negative and doesn't help in anyway).

well there was a bit of shouting and posturing, and flared nostrils going on too, by all accounts:

JS73722400.jpg

JS73724931.jpg

JS73724936.jpg

If there was a general election tomorrow, which party would you vote for?

It shows

Conservative 41%

Ukip 26%

Labour 21%

Lib Dem 4%

Others 8%

Total Voters 17,593

Is this good news for Labour or not, bearing in mind the bashing Jezza has taken in the media recently.

Most of the polls have UKIP on about 16-17% so still quite high just not beating Labour. When push comes to shove though I think a lot of people saying they'll vote UKIP would vote Conservative just to keep Corbyn out, to an extent much greater than they would with a normal Labour leader Edited by bowes

well there was a bit of shouting and posturing, and flared nostrils going on too, by all accounts:

JS73722400.jpg

JS73724931.jpg

JS73724936.jpg

Nice people!!!

Would you employ them?

But 90% of them would run for the hills if offered a job.

Disgusting Animals

It shows

Conservative 41%

Ukip 26%

Labour 21%

Lib Dem 4%

Others 8%

Total Voters 17,593

It gets worse for JC

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/10/05/corbyn-britain-least-popular-new-opposition-leade/

Fancy being more unpopular than IDS and Michael Foot.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/10/09/opinion-former-expect-corbyn-not-to-be-Labour-Lead/

Seems he's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy :tongue:

Edited by back to the future

Nice people!!!

Would you employ them?

But 90% of them would run for the hills if offered a job.

Disgusting Animals

Sources for your 90% claim? Or is it it just your personal prejudice?

And yeah I'd give anyone a job if I thought they could do it.

It shows

Conservative 41%

Ukip 26%

Labour 21%

Lib Dem 4%

Others 8%

Total Voters 17,593

Almost certainly meaningless given that it was a self-selecting sample, with no weighting for demographic factors.

Almost certainly meaningless given that it was a self-selecting sample, with no weighting for demographic factors.

AOL is a self-selecting demographic all right these day... there are only a few valid reasons for staying with them.  My 84 year old gran is a long-standing AOL member who was recently given a 30 day suspension from their "Over 70s" chat rooms for racially abusing French and German people on there.

She asked my dad to have a look to see what she'd done wrong... She wouldn't have lasted half an hour on this forum before getting a permanent ban.

Who could he insult?, apart from the piggy situation.

Cameron didn't insult him he just said what Corbyn is, an IRA/Sein Fein sympathiser, a friend of Hamas and Hezbollah, is anti EU (though that's changing), associated with anti-semetic groups and holocaust deniers, wants to open the floodgates to migrants of any denomination

Imagine an American politician inviting a couple of Al Qaeda's political wing to New York 3 weeks after 9/11.

And now we have his new deputy Watson having double standards as well as being a lying barsteward.

Voters judge political parties from their leadership down and at the top of Labour right now we have a mixed bunch, which include a liar, a man who thought Bobby Sands was basically a hero and wanted to assassinate Thatcher, an arsonist, your mate Burnham who's change's his opinions so many times he doesn't know which way he's facing as well as being a brown noser.

JC has stated he's not concerned who joins the party or voted for him as long as they pay their dues, so the scenes we've seen in Manchester will become more and more frequent and violent as more of the looney left/swampies join his crusade.

Sources for your 90% claim? Or is it it just your personal prejudice?

And yeah I'd give anyone a job if I thought they could do it.

Sorry typing error should have said BET instead of BUT

I wouldn't want these to represent my company, if you cant take pride in your appearance your not for my company

Pretty sure my clients wouldn't be pleased if I sent out the likes

Who could he insult?, apart from the piggy situation.

Cameron didn't insult him he just said what Corbyn is, an IRA/Sein Fein sympathiser, a friend of Hamas and Hezbollah, is anti EU (though that's changing), associated with anti-semetic groups and holocaust deniers, wants to open the floodgates to migrants of any denomination

Imagine an American politician inviting a couple of Al Qaeda's political wing to New York 3 weeks after 9/11.

And now we have his new deputy Watson having double standards as well as being a lying barsteward.

Voters judge political parties from their leadership down and at the top of Labour right now we have a mixed bunch, which include a liar, a man who thought Bobby Sands was basically a hero and wanted to assassinate Thatcher, an arsonist, your mate Burnham who's change's his opinions so many times he doesn't know which way he's facing as well as being a brown noser.

JC has stated he's not concerned who joins the party or voted for him as long as they pay their dues, so the scenes we've seen in Manchester will become more and more frequent and violent as more of the looney left/swampies join his crusade.

You have made up your mind, and it is clear no one is going to change any part of it. Thus, it is wholly pointless engaging with you at all on this subject. Life is too short.

I haven't judged an entire party.  How do you know these people are not members, or £3 er's?

Corbyn did nothing but trot out the old class war rhetoric and insult Cameron during his conference speech.  he did however attempt to play the victim, quite badly in my opinion, by suggesting he was constantly being targeted by the media.

The man has an utterly deluded vision of what he wants this country to be.  If he can't take the scrutiny of the few meaningless utterances he has made, he clearly should shuffle off to the backbenches.

He's not a leader, he's not a statesman.  He's a lifetime backbencher with attitude found totally wanting with his small world, narrow, Marxist focused view of the big wide world.

It won't be long before he decides he's had enough.

You have made up your mind, and it is clear no one is going to change any part of it. Thus, it is wholly pointless engaging with you at all on this subject. Life is too short.

Perhaps if Labour had any sort of offer, they might just be able to win hearts and minds?

I haven't judged an entire party. 

Your words, earlier in this thread:

"I have no doubt that privately the whole of the Labour party loves the Tories having it stuck to them irrespective of the manner in which it is done."

So yes, you have judged an entire party.

At least be consistent in the nonsense you post.

Sorry typing error should have said BET instead of BUT

I wouldn't want these to represent my company, if you cant take pride in your appearance your not for my company

Pretty sure my clients wouldn't be pleased if I sent out the likes

Yes because an interview candidate is likely to turn up at an office in protest gear, all shouty and such, aren't they?......