Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Jeremy Corbyn & the Labour Party

Wow, and wow again.  Can you hear yourself here?  Using Boris Johnson AND capitalist enterprises to try and fluff out your argument.  How many companies have contracts with the GLA, employing how many people in total?

How many Labour led local authorities do the morally right thing and pay the meaningless NLW?

Nestle got a kick back from some fat public sector contracts perhaps? Aviva the same I'd imagine.

Meanwhile the zeal for this meaningless figure doesn't seem to have permeated very far into the capitalist psyche does it...

KPMG pays the living wage does it? I hadn't realised accountants and number crunchers were so poorly paid. Good on the JRF for making sure it's external auditors play fair.

Right wing focus?

You sunshine are just a stranger to the truth.

So, your plan is to starve out those who can't get enough benefits and their employers don't pay enough?  Also, as noted above, that noted left-wing revolutionary Boris Johnson is strongly in favour of a proper living wage.

Clearly the last Labour government thought the minimum wage was enough....so why isn't an increased one good enough?

Otherwise it would have legislated for it, no?

It is not about how much you are paid, it is about how much of your hard earned you are able to keep.  Until the labour party moves away from it's high tax high spend philosophy, such a simple concept will always be beyond it's comprehension.

The NLW is a very simple way for a politician to shift the blame on to employers, rather than actually take some responsibility for how public money is spent.

Of course BoJo will encourage employers to back the NLW, he has his to woo the voters.  He isn't paying for it, and across London how many companies have taken it up?

The paucity of your argument encapsulated by your complete lack of coherent response.

My argument is supported by evidence. Yours is just right wing dogma.

Edited by WearyRhino

Sometimes I really regret not being able to put people on ignore.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

So, hoping to earn enough to actually live is a meaningless concept? Why did I just get the impression of Harry Enfield's Tory Boy?

I think he's referring to the Living Wage Foundation making an annual suggested living wage that doesn't actually make any difference in real life.

The only figure that matters is the legal minimum, not an ignored recommendation. Which is why the legal minimum wage increasing is such a good thing

Works both ways.  :tongue:

Nah, I like seeing your posts.  You post some sensible stuff when the meds kick in. ;)

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

I think he's referring to the Living Wage Foundation making an annual suggested living wage that doesn't actually make any difference in real life.

The only figure that matters is the legal minimum, not an ignored recommendation. Which is why the legal minimum wage increasing is such a good thing

So why has Gideon changed the name other than to try and undermine the idea of there being a difference between a minimum that employers should pay and a minimum that employees need to have a minimum standard of living?

So why has Gideon changed the name other than to try and undermine the idea of there being a difference between a minimum that employers should pay and a minimum that employees need to have a minimum standard of living?

But what is a 'minimum standard of living'?  Do you include in that running a car, having a holdiay abroad, flat screen TVs, fresh meat on the table every night, what? 

But what is a 'minimum standard of living'?  Do you include in that running a car, having a holdiay abroad, flat screen TVs, fresh meat on the table every night, what? 

If only there was a search engine that could find such answers for you.

In the meantime.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Meanwhile the numbers falling below the NMW have been steadily increasing since 2010 and is now at 6m:

jobs_paying_below_living_wage1.png

From Full Fact

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Meanwhile the numbers falling below the NMW have been steadily increasing since 2010 and is now at 6m:

jobs_paying_below_living_wage1.png

From Full Fact

That's the Living Wage rather than NMW Griff.

(I screwed up earlier too, referring to the NLW which is Osborne's replacement for NMW. The truly useful one is the Living Wage).

Nah, I like seeing your posts.  You post some sensible stuff when the meds kick in. ;)

:O  :O

Bad news then..h'e just taken me off the main one! :tongue:

Four legs good - two legs bad

I haven't bought one for a while but I reckon the relative price of these has plummeted over the past few years

For a while now "flat screen TV" has been lazy journalism for "undeserving poor".

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Indeed.

Also, is there actually any other type of TV you can buy? They are all flatscreen.

That depends on whether you buy a new TV or not.

And I did suggest other things, not only 'flatscreen TVs': a car, meat on the table every night, etc.  In other words, what is a 'minimum standard of living'? 

Since nobody can actually answer that I guess I have my answer!

That depends on whether you buy a new TV or not.

And I did suggest other things, not only 'flatscreen TVs': a car, meat on the table every night, etc. In other words, what is a 'minimum standard of living'?

Since nobody can actually answer that I guess I have my answer!

You've missed Gingerjon's post above I take it?

Lord Warner has quit.

Not jumping out as a big name, but I could be wrong!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

You've missed Gingerjon's post above I take it?

Easily done.  He is very boring.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Wrong thread :blush:

Edited by Griff9of13