Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Sol Roper

Sad news that another of our legends Sol Roper passed away suddenly yesterday.   Sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Sol legend and gentleman.

So sad to hear today's news about Sol, truly one of the greats of our club and a true gentleman. Condolences to his family. RIP Sol.

Very sad news . Legend of the sport in a golden era , and immortal of our club . Gone , but these gentlemen are part of our fabric and will never be forgotten .

Had the privilage to play under Sol as young player at Town and later as a veteran when he took me to Haven.

A TRUE gentleman and legend.

RIP Sol.

RIP Sol....Another Town legend who will always be immortal for Townies...

Gave Barrow the runaround many times, but brilliant to watch, I wish there were more like him, will be sadly missed.

was only talking to him about the season just gone a few weeks ago , absolutely stunned by the news , a perfect  gentleman , still a town regular until the end .my condolences go out to his family .  RIP SOL .

Heard nothing but good things about him, always knew he was a Town legend too.

RIP, Thoughts with his family and friends!

Sol was a brilliant scrum half. The Archer/Roper half-back pairing were outstanding for Town for many years.

I always recall when St.Helens arrived at Derwent Park, in the sixties, a certain international scrum half was missing from the Saints line up -  so obvious to us at DP that he didn't fancy being outplayed by our dynamic Workington number 7.

RIP Sol Roper - a true Town legend.

Sometimes the words legend and immortal are banded about a bit to easy when talking about former players, but not in the case of this man. I had the pleasure of watching him play when I first started watching Town as a 7 year old, he was awe inspiring then when he was in the latter years of his career, he must have been unbelievable in his younger days.

Condolences to all the family, they just don't make them like that any more. RIP  Sol, Town legend and immortal.