Sign in to follow this  
robins up north

"Open Rugby" International Star Post -Cards

I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for the set of 8 postcards issued by Open Rugby in 1978! Here's hoping.

I've never heard of or seen any freebies given away with OR other than season previews/fixtures. Were they actually part of the magazine? I remember in the eighties they had something like what you are enquiring about but it was just a page that was part of the regular content and not separate. I'd be very surprised if they were an actual giveaway considering OR was pretty low budget in 1978.

Edited by deluded pom?

I've never heard of or seen any freebies given away with OR other than season previews/fixtures. Were they actually part of the magazine? I remember in the eighties they had something like what you are enquiring about but it was just a page that was part of the regular content and not separate. I'd be very surprised if they were an actual giveaway considering OR was pretty low budget in 1978.

They were advertised for £1 per set in the early editions which were more of a fanzine. Issues 1 to 19.

They were advertised for £1 per set in the early editions which were more of a fanzine. Issues 1 to 19.

Ah, so they weren't freebies with the magazine? I have the reprints of the early OR. I'll have to take a look and see what it is you mean.

Hi I was bidding for a set of these cards last night on Ebay. I thought I had won with a bid of £10.55 with seconds to go. They went for £53!