Rams announce partnership with 6TK

Tom Coates

"Dewsbury Rams is a massive partnership for us as we look to build our Rugby League only sports clothing and apparel brand"

Dewsbury Rams are delighted to announce that 6TK Sports will be the club’s official kit and clothing partner for the 2016 season.

Be Rugby League. Be Dewsbury Rams.

Tom

What I would like to see as well as the new contemporary strip would be a retro type 'RAB' hoops for all us traditionalists .... both ends of the market covered so to speak!! I am sure it would generate income above and beyond...

Incidentally a great idea to have a mobile club shop on the South stand ....  I am surprised something like this has not been done before as it would appear visually that the majority of the attendance comes through the South stand turnstile! 

Yes, a traditional home shirt please (preferably with proper club crest and not 'Rams' monstrosity) and my money is yours.

Try EBay.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I just think it would be both emotionally and commercially viable to produce a traditional 'rab' home shirt !! ( I haven't had one since 1969 .... and it doesn't fit anymore!!) ... Why not just do a limited quantity to test the market .... I bet it would sell more than the hoodies anyway!!   I would buy one as long as they make it in 2XL !!  

I just think it would be both emotionally and commercially viable to produce a traditional 'rab' home shirt !! ( I haven't had one since 1969 .... and it doesn't fit anymore!!) ... Why not just do a limited quantity to test the market .... I bet it would sell more than the hoodies anyway!!   I would buy one as long as they make it in 2XL !!  

You could have my eighties one but it's only just large. I don't wear mine either - it makes me look like my horizontal hold has gone. (only older members will understand)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think you're wrong, whilst understanding the sentiment. It wouldn't be commercially viable at all for 6TK to produce such shirts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

how do you know?

Well its obvious if you think about it. Buy one retro shirt this year then never buy another one, or buy a new strip every two years: which makes sense to you?

I see it slightly different ....Make a small number of retro shirts ... sell them at a premium mark up ... expect the life cycle to be 3 to 4 years ...forecast a 5 year plan on first year sales .....  (i buy a new shirt when it wears out !! or it doesn't fit anymore ).... some of us older fans would appreciate it I think  .... I think given the right production levels and markup, its at least worth a feasibility assessment rather than to dismiss without any consideration.. 

I see it slightly different ....Make a small number of retro shirts ... sell them at a premium mark up ... expect the life cycle to be 3 to 4 years ...forecast a 5 year plan on first year sales ..... (i buy a new shirt when it wears out !! or it doesn't fit anymore ).... some of us older fans would appreciate it I think .... I think given the right production levels and markup, its at least worth a feasibility assessment rather than to dismiss without any consideration..

Or supply free burgers,pie & peas,buns & cakes

And we'll have to buy new shirts every year

:)

Retro shirt great idea. BSJ I do think people would buy a retro AND a playing shirt if the playing shirt was nice and appealing. Last season we lost £7k on shirts, based on a number of factors, no doubt one of them was the design.

This might be down to the circumstances of the rush of finding a supplier last season but I think it's lazy work when the away strip is the same design as the home kit but with a different base colour. I think fans would perhaps buy the home and away kit if it was nice.

Fans don't mind wearing the Rams colours with pride and don't mind putting money into the club in any way or size they can but they want something back - a decent strip is one of them. And a couple of wins should do the trick

Retro shirt great idea. BSJ I do think people would buy a retro AND a playing shirt if the playing shirt was nice and appealing. Last season we lost £7k on shirts, based on a number of factors, no doubt one of them was the design.

This might be down to the circumstances of the rush of finding a supplier last season but I think it's lazy work when the away strip is the same design as the home kit but with a different base colour. I think fans would perhaps buy the home and away kit if it was nice.

Fans don't mind wearing the Rams colours with pride and don't mind putting money into the club in any way or size they can but they want something back - a decent strip is one of them. And a couple of wins should do the trick

Possibly, but a lot of it still comes down to the fact that Dewsbury fans don't exactly queue up to buy replica shirts in any case. I will repeat Mark Sawyer's comments at the fans' forum - both Batley and Hunslet sell more replica shirts than we do, year on year. If the supplier is only going to sell, say, 200 they won't really want to put the effort into producing two different designs - in my opinion, of course.

I'd certainly buy one but I have to have it by Nov 5th :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Possibly, but a lot of it still comes down to the fact that Dewsbury fans don't exactly queue up to buy replica shirts in any case. I will repeat Mark Sawyer's comments at the fans' forum - both Batley and Hunslet sell more replica shirts than we do, year on year. If the supplier is only going to sell, say, 200 they won't really want to put the effort into producing two different designs - in my opinion, of course.

But then you've got to ask yourself why they don't queue up?

Hunslet very rarely change their design of green with a orange and white V. But they sell more shirts than us? Yet some argue we shouldn't produce the RAB hoops shirt? Something not right there.

And as for the supplier. The supplier way of thinking and design ethos must change if they want to increase demand. Not the other way round.

Retail success is only achieved by satisfying customer needs ..... listen to the customer and provide the commodity that they want!! ..... guess what it will sell!! ....give them the product they don't want and it will be left on the shelves!!  Think that you ( the retailer or supplier) know best is arrogance and will lead to failure! 

Still say the solution is

Red,amber,black hoops as away kit every season

And tinker with the new shirt as home kit

This way the supplier can produce a run that will cover a couple of seasons

Then in a couple of years time make the hoops the away kit and design a new,second kit

I know the answer to that. Hunslet get promoted and everybody buys a shirt. Hunslet finish bottom the next season and everybody kicks the dog and bins their shirt. Season after, a couple of wins in the bottom tier and everybody is optimistic - lets buy a new shirt, and so the cycle continues. Simples. probably similar at Batley but without the relegation. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

There's good points made that the club could involve fans in the shirt design. I agree. An earlier post said players had been asked - which is good - but it's the fans that pay £40 or more...and a number, including me, would like a traditional design. The shirt is important as it's what supporters and the town identify with. Its strange that one of Dewsbury's more visible, marketable assets of a distinctive RAB hooped shirt is neglected, only to be promised for centenary occasions, and in the meantime we get nondescript 'any team' stuff. I buy them as I believe it helps the club, but the club can't expect people to keep buying something they don't want - and the club's losses on shirts suggest this. It would be encouraging if the club could ask fans for their input.

Still, I'm hoping we get a nice surprise when the new kit is unveiled.

Archived