Expectation

Bearman

The squad appears to be coming along nicely. Cresta is saying he expects the players to step up to the mark and with a bigger squad there is real competition for places.

So...

Where will we finish?

Toulouse, Keighley,York,Doncaster, Hunslet, Rochdale! Thunder and Cru. All of their fans will be expecting a push and will be disappointed if they are not in the shake up.

Some of those clubs have been spending a fair bit of cash and I suspect that they may have overstretched themselves in doing so.

I don't think the BOD would allow us to go for broke and I would rather we continue to build for the future even if it means biding our time for a bit longer.

Cheerful aren't I?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Realistic Ron, and I hope most fans agree with you. I also think some of the reasons lower div teams are able to recruit well are.. A) Overambitious clubs higher up the rung having to scrap reserve sides and players..B) Prospect of game time for same players at said clubs and C)More chance of winning pay than at struggling Championship teams. It's all about the money after all. Going to be very interesting this season. I think out league will be more entertaining than the one above.

Interesting to read the other day that Rochdale have Duel Registered with Warrington. I believe it's the same setup Warrington had with Swinton recently, where EVERY Warrington player will be registered with both teams....Complete farce in my opinion!!

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

Archived